The Lord is not willing that any should perish

>the Lord is not willing that any should perish
>practically everyone perishes

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrowing_of_Hell
youtube.com/watch?v=i-I-qnkeqK0
solvinglight.com/features/athenaandeve03.htm
westerncivilisationamaic.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-forbidden-theory-of-ancient-greek.html
solvinglight.com/blog/2008/08/chapter-9-the-forbidden-theory-of-ancient-greek-art/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>basically everyone is damned to hell for their sin
>don't want that because you love them
>go out of your way to give them a way to not perish
>most people reject it

that'll be one (you)

Your God is an idiot whose divine plan sucks. What's he going to do? Send me to hell? Well I was going there anyway, along with the rest of humanity.

>practically everyone perishes

Soteriological questions like this are basically the domain of private theologoumena. Only God knows who will be granted eternal life, and apocatastasis is not out of the question. t. student of Orthodox Christianity

>Be omnipotent being who defies all logic
>Can't create a perfect world without sin

Dude, even I could do that shit with omnipotence

At least the pagan deities had limits as an excuse

That it is your will that determines your eternal destination, not His.

He is not going to force Himself on you. He is Love, not Rape.

Yes, until Jesus made it possible to escape what we all deserve.

Learn 50 cent words, then never use them. Everyone who is granted eternal life knows it. Everyone who does not know they have been granted eternal life has not been granted eternal life.

There are no do-overs with God. There is no Plan B. This is all Plan A.

>go out of your way to give them a way to not perish
>most people don't have proper knowledge about it or are told about it but aren't given sufficient reason to accept the claim
fixed

How would you create free will moral agents, yet prohibit them from ever making an incorrect decision?

Why not just make robots, and program the robots to say "I love you" every three seconds? Wouldn't that comfort you, to have a robot tell you every three seconds "I love you"?

The existence of the universe suffices.

Oh yeah, that's not depressing at all. I got my salvation jack! Fuck those subhuman shitskins all over the world! I heard a man's name so I am special!

Yeah why not? You dumb bastard.

sufficient to scapegoat them but not sufficient to save them from their own existence.

>How would you create free will moral agents, yet prohibit them from ever making an incorrect decision?
By erasing sin on the conceptual level

Can't sin if it doesn't even exist

C'mon dude, you're fuckin' omnipotent. Do you understand what that means?

>Why not just make robots, and program the robots to say "I love you" every three seconds?
Or I could create robots with a "rape and torture everyone" function because why not?

I'm fucking God, I don't need anyone or anything.

even if I accept the claim that a "creation implies a creator" that only brings me to the conclusion that there is a God. it could lead me to a form of Platonic philosophy, Islam, Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, even Judaism. this brings me no closer to accepting the entirety of Christian theology

>Everyone who is granted eternal life knows it.

Yes, but not in this life, since souls are judged at the Last Judgement. You yourself are not the judge, Christ is.

>God is emotionally insecure

Well, at least its biblical.

Through Christ we have Salvation, yet it's up to us to struggle for God in all aspects of our lives. Our sins turn us away as we can choose to sin or not sin through free will. Yes, Salvation is brought to us by Chrust, but do we choose to accept God's grace or reject it by sinning?

Instant Salvation is manmade, Predestination is manmade, the solas are manmade.

-Orthodox

Heard his name? Many have heard his name and are still lost, as you are.

"This universe is amazing; I want to live forever with whoever made it." v you, "Yeah, I heard what I had to do to be saved, and fuck it."

How many times can a real doll say "I love you" before you start thinking maybe it doesn't?

It's funny. A supposedly all powerful God just so happens to only focus on a single desert tribe and throws shitfits when they don't suck his cock.

He's like a possessive boyfriend who only hits you because he "loves" you.

Depends on their hearts. God reads hearts. People who believed Moses and the prophets about an upcoming Messiah are now in heaven, having died prior to Jesus being named Yehoshua.

Time doesn't matter. Belief matters. What you believe in matters.

Why do I need a doll to say anything at all? Why do I need a doll? Why do I need anything if I am a God?

All I heard was. ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

then you don't know what "sin" is.

"Sin" means "missing the mark", as an archer completely missing his target.

In this case, the target is "be perfect, as God is perfect".

How have you done on that? Are you perfect, as God is perfect? If not, why not?

Correct. You, like the devil, would now know that there is a God.

Now you have a choice. Deal with God now, or deal with God later. Choose a relationship now, or have none forever.

Haven't you ever met anyone who has done something amazing, and just had to tell them how awesome it is?

Doesn't the creation of the universe count more than that?

You can know, in this life, whether or not you are going to be at that Last Judgment, the Great White Throne judgment.

I will not be judged there. I doubt I will even watch.

Love is a neurochemical reaction intended to improve bonding between mates, friends, and other members of the band/troop/tribe so that they may have better odds of survival together.

Explain why the creator of time and space has any use for such a thing. Is he an animal?

God has emotions, and created you with emotions. He is also holy, just and righteous, against your emotions.

He has the upper hand. Either bend the knee, or don't.

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8. No human being has ever not sinned. Whether we accept Christ is a different matter entirely.

Now you're starting to ask some interesting questions.

This may be a reference I do not get.

God is Love.

Without God, you would not be able to mangle the definition of Love so badly, as it would not exist even as a mangled biochemical construct in your imagination.

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. (1 John 3:18)

Nope. They all fucking burned in hell.

Jesus had to physically go down there and say "oh yeah...right...you guys too"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrowing_of_Hell

Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. (1 John 4:20)

I pray one day you realize how badly you've been deceived by the Whore of Babylon's twin sister.

ephesians 1
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Salvation is instant the moment you believe, and everlasting.

When you talk to God about your sins, He does not know what you're talking about. In fact, it is questionable whether He even hears you.

Nope.

sin

noun
an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

"a sin in the eyes of God"

synonyms: immoral act, wrong, wrongdoing, act of evil/wickedness, transgression, crime, offense, misdeed, misdemeanor;

>"Sin" means "missing the mark", as an archer completely missing his target
Shit, you could write for Shounen Jump because that was a huge asspull

You're correct in that Jesus retrieved them, but He retrieved them from Paradise, from Abraham's Bosom, as in the story He told in Luke 6. And the same place He and the thief next to Him met that same day.

One side of Hades was very nice. The other side was Torment. The nice side is empty now; the Torment side is growing every day.

samefag

Not correct, the Last Judgement is special because it cannot be escaped. You are not omniscient, therefore you cannot know that which has not yet happened (and is not contained in the Bible). In claiming otherwise, you are basically deifying yourself.

>the original sense of New Testament Greek ἁμαρτία hamartia "sin", is failure, being in error, missing the mark, especially in spear throwing;[7] Hebrew hata "sin" originates in archery and literally refer to missing the "gold" at the centre of a target, but hitting the target, i.e. error.[8]

"In that day," declares the LORD, "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.' (Hosea 2:16)

hamartia: a sin, failure
Original Word: ἁμαρτία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: hamartia
Phonetic Spelling: (ham-ar-tee'-ah)
Short Definition: a sin
Definition: prop: missing the mark; hence: (a) guilt, sin, (b) a fault, failure (in an ethical sense), sinful deed.

chata: to miss, go wrong, sin
Original Word: חָטָא
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: chata
Phonetic Spelling: (khaw-taw')
Short Definition: sinned

Original Word: ἁμαρτάνω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: hamartanó
Phonetic Spelling: (ham-ar-tan'-o)
Short Definition: I sin
Definition: originally: I miss the mark, hence (a) I make a mistake, (b) I sin, commit a sin (against God); sometimes the idea of sinning against a fellow-creature is present.

Context always matters.

You actually quoted transgression and then iniquity.

>God has emotions
Yeah, the thousands of massacres in his manuals make it clear
>He is also holy, just and righteous
Number one, spooks

Number two, the "righteous" as generally understood don't murder children in cold blood

3/4

Better than most, I'd say. But still, there's a way to do it. Learn that way, so you don't look this stupid again.

The Great White Throne judgment is fully detailed in the bible.

Revelation 20
The Great White Throne Judgment
11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[c] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.[d] 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

I will not be there being judged because I have had the righteousness of Christ Jesus imputed to me.

think for a second, you think a real sincere Christian fundamentalist would show up on the denn of sin 4chin?

They are qualities of God, not spooks. They're only spooks to you because you do not know the living God.

God never murdered anyone, and any child who dies goes to live with God in bliss forever and ever, amen.

>God is Love.

[citation needed]

I know many of us do, for the exact same reason.

To seek and save those who are lost.

Yes. What we know is that everyone, "both the great and the small", will be judged. What we absolutely don't "know" is that God will not judge you like the others. You are not that great, none of us is.

And God was incapable of erasing sin on the conceptual level because...?

From his beloved disciple, John, the Relevator, now seated with the 24 elders:

1 John 4:8
He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

1 John 4:16
And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

Jesus Himself associated with prostitutes, tax-collectors, lepers and all kinds of unsavory folk; it's the sick who need a doctor after all.

Why make sin to begin with.

>They are qualities of God
According to you
>God never murdered anyone
Spit out my coffee

My name is in the Book of Life. Read carefully.

He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Revelation 21:27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

I will have been in heaven for over 1,007 years before the Great White Throne judgment happens.

Begging The Question by Kirk Yular Reisning

So a schizophrenic jew defines what love is now?

Is that not what He is doing? Did He not erase all sins but 1 on the cross, that unpardonable sin of Unbelief?

Can you not rid yourself of your own Unbelief?

According to God.

At some point you're going to have to figure out that in order to get through life, you're going to have to trust someone from time to time.

God is trustworthy, has been my entire life, and an eternity before.

I honestly doubt you would write of your experiences as well as John did if you were whisked away to 4016 to give a report on the end of the world.

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral persons— not at all meaning the immoral of this world, or the greedy and robbers, or idolaters, since you would then need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother or sister who is sexually immoral or greedy, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or robber. Do not even eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging those outside? Is it not those who are inside that you are to judge? God will judge those outside. “Drive out the wicked person from among you.”

A strong lesson against "tolerance".

youtube.com/watch?v=i-I-qnkeqK0

Seek Zeus with all your heart user

Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. (Proverbs 27:6)

>4016

Not even transhumanists think the world will last that long.

Zeus is Adam deified by the Greeks. I'll meet him in heaven, but I'm not seeking him out here on earth.

And the disciples thought they were already in Daniel's 70th week, and asked the risen Jesus if He was going to set up His kingdom right then and there.

I learned as a child not to criticize people I could not outperform.

Maybe today you could learn that lesson as well.

The real question is, can these people? No, they are oppressed by an atheistic state. There's a lot more of them than there are of me.

See, Christianity is for solipsistic douchebags with no sense of empathy,

Point to the person that the Holy Spirit cannot speak to.

>Zeus is Adam deified by the Greeks.

That is an... interesting view. Which religious group do you represent, if I may ask?

I have not talked to any missionaries who went to the Norks, ever.

I will guarantee you that one of the strongest Christian churches in the world is in North Korea.

are people in the west inherently better people if they have equal odds of becoming christian?

That is straight off of the Greek Parthenon, a bas relief with a naked man and woman clothed in a fig leaf standing beside a small apple tree with one apple, and a snake wrapped around the tree trunk.

Entitled Zeus and Hera in the Garden of the Hesperides or some such.

Stop larping as a Christian. Its embarrassing.

I can't make heads nor tails out of your question, sorry.

Becoming a Christian is not merit based.

I've been a born again Christian likely longer than you've been breathing.

no, its luck-based apparently.

Of course, I never stated otherwise.

>I pray one day you realize how badly you've been deceived by the Whore of Babylon's twin sister.
Hardly. You'd rather believe the teachings of a singular preacher who indulged in his passions, Martin Luther, than the Holy Spirit Who spoke through the Prophets as well as the Apostles. Your doctrines are manmade, and a corruption of Roman Catholic corruption.. hyper-Schlasticism.

>ephesians 1
>In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Before we start quoting Scripture ad infinitum, I'll just piunt out that Scripture is not a buffet to pick and choose from. You must take all of the Gospel in its entirety, as well as in its context, not in a literal, mindfully analytical way as Protestants do.

>Salvation is instant the moment you believe, and everlasting.
Then why make Saint Paul, the Centurion, the Ethiopian all recieve Baptism of the Spirit and water? Because what you speak is false, as warned of in Galatians 8-12. Salvation is absolutely there for all humanity and creation, yet we choose to reject it through sin. Christ said take up your cross, to uphold His Commandments, and that all who come to Him saying "Lord, Lord..." will not be accepted but turned away. You cannot have instant salvation, as it's not a thing Christ taught. Faith alone is never enough, even Satan believes.

>When you talk to God about your sins, He does not know what you're talking about. In fact, it is questionable whether He even hears you.
He knows all, thus all our sins. With Confession to God as Christ and His Apostles taught through the Holy Spirit, we are washed of those sins, in witness of another before God. Because of God's love for us, we unprofitable prodigal sons.

so you claim that the holy spirit will reach out to people that haven't had contact with christianity so they are still accountable for not accepting it. so how come you are more likely to become a christian if you were raised to bw christian, even down to your denomination or if you are an evangelical? relatively few people in non-christian majority countries become christian, let alone where there are no christians. so why do more people in christian majority countries tend to be christian? are they just better people?

The Greeks remembered the original paradise. They called it the Garden of the Hesperides, and they associated Zeus and Hera with its enticing ease, and with a serpent-entwined apple tree.
Some mythologists have mistaken the Hesperides for guardians of the tree, but they certainly are not. Their body language, their easy actions and their very names serve the purpose of establishing what kind of a garden this is: a wonderful, carefree place. In figure 4 (next page), we see the Garden of the Hesperides depicted on a water pot from about 410 BC. The serpent entwines the apple tree with its golden fruit. The names of the figures are written on the vase. Two of the Hesperides, Chrysothemis (Golden Order) and Asterope (Star Face) stand to the immediate left of the tree. Chrysothemis moves toward the tree to pluck an apple. Asterope leans pleasantly against her with both arms. To the left of them, Hygeia (Health) sits on a hillock and holds a long scepter, a symbol of rule, as she looks back towards the tree. To the right of the apple tree, Lipara (Shining Skin) holds apples in the fold of her garment, and raises her veil off her shoulder.
The names of the Hesperides describe what the garden is like. It is a land of gold for the taking, soft starlight, perfect health, and wondrous beauty. The Hebrew word for Eden means “to be soft or pleasant,” figuratively “to delight oneself.” The Garden of the Hesperides is the Greek version of the Garden of Eden.

Only lucky people can see the universe, and wonder where it came from?

Are you sure?

I consider Martin Luther a Catholic friar, anti-semite, and hellbound.

That's how conscious you are; that's how spiritually discerning you are.

Water baptism occurs AFTER salvation is already in effect, or it merely gets a person wet.

Your whore lite church teaches that water washes away sin.

Did we not have water before Jesus bled out on the cross?

You have never spoken to God, because you are a child of the devil in open rebellion against God, a member of a satanic cult that keeps you away from God.

Is that blunt enough?

you literally copied all of this from an evangelical site that I ran across trying to source this. if you're going to do this at least provide the link so people no where you are pulling this from: solvinglight.com/features/athenaandeve03.htm

Christian majority countries have massively higher numbers of people claiming to be christians, but are not.

So it would be very difficult to match number for number, population to population.

For instance, out of the 150,000,000 or so Christians in China, I'd bet my life on all of them.

For the same number of Americans who say they are Christians?

I'd want 10:1 odds.

But from here
westerncivilisationamaic.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-forbidden-theory-of-ancient-greek.html

Not wherever you were.

>Of course, I never stated otherwise.

Therefore we cannot "reject it by sinning". Even the best of us sin. We can only reject it by rejecting it.

As you can see, it's decently sourced.

NOTES
CHAPTER 1
1. Julian Huxley, Essays of a Humanist (New York: Harper and Row, 1964), p.125.
2. Provine, Will, “No Free Will,” in Catching Up with the Vision, ed. by Margaret W. Rossister (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1999), p. S123. Thanks for citations 1 and 2 to Henry M. Morris in ‘The Scientific Case Against Evolution,” icr.org.
3. Richard Dawkins, “Put Your Money on Evolution,” The New York Times (April 9, 1989), section VII, p. 35.
4. Law, Stephen, “Is Creationism Scientific,” in Darwin Day Collection One, ed. by Amanda Chesworth, et. al (Albuquerque: Tangled Ban Press, 2002), p. 291.
CHAPTER 2
1. Unlocking the Mystery of Life: The Scientific Case for Intelligent Design, DVD/VHS, Illustra Media, 2002.
CHAPTER 3
1. Peter Hastie, Creation Magazine, Sep.-Nov. 1995, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 14-16. Creation Ministries International.
2. Niles Eldredge, as quoted in: Luther D. Sunderland, Darwin’s Enigma: Fossils and Other Problems, fourth edition (revised and expanded), Master Book Publishers, Santee (California),1988, p. 78.
3. Scienceagainstevolution.org/v7i1n.htm
4. Feduccia, A.; in: V. Morell, “Archaeopteryx: Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms,” Science 259(5096):764–65, 5 February 1993.
CHAPTER 4
1. Henry M. Morris, “The Scientific Case Against Evolution,” Institute for Creation Research, icr.org, p.4
CHAPTER 6
1. Ruse M., Darwinism Defended: A Guide to the Evolution Controversies Addison-Wesley: Reading MA, 1983, Third Printing, p. 280.
2. Kofman, Sarah, Socrates: Fictions of a Philosopher, Cornell University Press, 1998, p. 203.
CHAPTER 7
1. Lynn Margulis and Dorion Sagan, Acquiring Genomes: A Theory of the Origins of the Species, (Basic Books, 2003), p. 29.

CHAPTER 9
1. Plato, Euthydemus, from: The Dialogues of Plato, Jowett, B. (Translator), Third Edition, Vol. I, Oxford at the Clarendon Press: Oxford University Press, Humphrey Milford Publisher, 1892, 302d.
2. Hornblower, S. and Spawforth, A. (Eds.), The Oxford Companion to Classical Civilization, Oxford University Press, Oxford and New York, 1998, p. 332.
3. Hesiod, Works and Days, Evelyn-White, H.G. (Translator), William Heinemann Ltd and Harvard University Press, London, 1914, 105.
4. Hesiod, Ref. 3, 59.
5. Homer, The Iliad, Lattimore, R. (Translator), University of Chicago Press, Lattimore, R. (Translator), University of Chicago Press, Iliad Chicago and London, 1961, 503 and frequently.
6. Apollodorus, Apollodorus, The Library, with an English Translation by Sir James George Frazer, 2 Volumes, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Mass. and London, 1921, 2.5.11.
7. Euripides, Hippolytus, Kovacs, D. (Translator), Harvard University Press, Cambridge,1996 , 744–750.
8. Campbell, Joseph, The Masks of God: Occidental Mythology. The Viking Press, Inc., New York, 1964, p. 520.
9. Homer, Ref. 5, 885–889.
10. Homer, Ref. 5, 846.
11. Homer, Ref. 5, 895.
12. See 2 Peter 2:5; Genesis 5:32 and 7:6.
13. Baring, Anne and Cashford, Jules, The Myth of the Goddess, Arkana Penguin Books, London, 1993, p. 152.
14. Ibid., p.473.
15. Ibid., p.454.

>Taken from: solvinglight.com/blog/2008/08/chapter-9-the-forbidden-theory-of-ancient-greek-art/

>He knows all, thus all our sins.

Nope.

Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Love keeps no records of being wronged, and God is Love.

I don't see that in the cites given.

seriously?

>How would you create free will moral agents, yet prohibit them from ever making an incorrect decision?
The same way I apparently have free will but can't just superman fly off into space and punch aliens to death.

No many of those people are unlucky because they have been deprived of any opportunity for specific revelation.

>hurr durr they're lucky to be alive

And go to hell? Infinity divided by any number is still infinity.

No user, its retarded. It sounds like something a 13 year old would say.