listen to parents

> listen to parents
> follow the rules
Wow! So deep and insightful! Who could guess such things without you, Confucius?

>know your opponent and know yourself
Wow! So deepful. Who could guess such things without you, Mr Sun Tzu?

Maybe these things only seem obvious now because people really didn't know back then.

>if you grow up in a cave, and then leave the cave, people will think you're weird
Wow! So deep and insightful! Who could guess such things without you, Plato?

yeah nobody ever listened to their parents before confused-icus came along.
what would we do without him.

An important figure has more influence than a nobody. It's simple sayings, yet do people really follow it? Look outside and you will still see people doing the exact opposite despite what these figures or mommy and daddy say.

Maybe they fucking didn't? Maybe as soon as they were big enough to kick their dads ass they did so and fucked off to do whatever they wanted.

>learn to share
Wow! So deepful. Who could guess such things without you, Marx?

>beta male dweebs deserve their misery
Holy fucking shit what marvelous insight!

The important thing is to always be the first person to write down something, even if it is glaringly obvious.

>before Confucius
bunch of murderhobos killing each other

>after Confucius
empire that lasted thousands and thousands of years

FACT: if Rome had Confucius their empire would still be around

China's lasting Empire is mainly due to its positioning.

Most of it is bordered by sea or desert, leaving only the Plains people and various other small states to rival it.

They really didn't. People have to be taught to obey their parents.

but Rome is still around, it's the capital of Italy

>We wuz Romanz et Merda

>dude gravity
Wow! So insightful.

>don't be racist
Wow! So deep and insightful! Who could guess such things without you, Dr. King?

Rome, like much of the west, had primogeniture, psuedo-ancestor worship, and other family oriented institutions...every heard the phrase "pater familias"?

>nothing is more to me than myself
Wow! So deep and insightful! Who could guess such things without you, Stirner?

>things are therefore something must have made it be
Bravo, Aquinas! How long did it take you?

>just gravity
yes because deducting the law of gravitation and from that the three laws of motion is as easy as stating that one should not think independently like Concucksius said, right?

Like many radical philosophers and political scientists, he was a NEET.

>true wisdom is admitting your ignorance
Wow! So deep and insightful! Who could guess such things without you, Socrates?

>da da da dum
Bravo, Beethoven! How long did it take you?

>stuff doesn't move unless it's moved
>heavy things are harder to move
>when you hit something, you also feel a force
Wow! So deep and insightful! Who could guess such things without you, Newton?

>Maybe these things only seem obvious now because people really didn't know back then.

Perhaps for chinks, but basic common sense is a must in European Antiquity. If Julius Caesar read the art of war by sun tsu he would probably laugh and think it was training for 8 year old commanders.

>basic common sense is a must in European Antiquity
Yeah, sure.

>stay chill and follow the rules
Wow! So deep and insightful! Who could guess such things without you, Aurelius?

well gee whizz where would us westerners be if we never came upon the teachings of some old slope

Stop posting NEETS

>True happiness lies in the senses, and virtue gratifies none of them

Gee wiz Sade, surely that """observation""" was worth going to jail over

Had you followed those teachings, where would you be?

good thread

>everybody always murderraped all the time, until one day a smart person gave them a law.
No, that's not why it is there.

>dude reality
>also the city, man
Oh wow, this is truly groundbreaking, where did you get such wisdom, Aristotle?

>women suck
My God, truly insightful and revolutionary!

>things are like other things
By Zeus, Homer, this is the genius of the west!

>you want to fuck your mom
Genius. Pure genius.

>I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down,
>Livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town,
>I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime,
>But is there because he's a victim of the times

Deep dude

>you learn from your senses.
Genius! Wow! who would have thought. Truly the greatest philosopher.

>we can measure shapes and shit

Thanks Eucllid. Real groundbreaking stuff.

>people say you know, multicultural capitalism and X is good and minority rights and sexism but I say NO! in fact, my radical position is Y....X is so stupid you know it is boring i think Y is true because xyz and pop culture and so on
Holy smokes how profound!

>don't be a judgemental a-hole

Blessed be the Lord! Truly the mind of God himself, who would we be without you, o Lord Almighty?

>can't no nuffin

Stop! Stop! Cease philosophizing immediately! Mr. Hume here has finished all of philosophy! What an awe inspiring moment, what can our offspring possibly do to surpass us?

Political correctness is the most perfidious form of racism, in order to truly not be racist, you have to be comfortable with calling your black friend a nigger with not a drop of malicious intent.

Probably worse off.

yeah buddy, confucius was totally like, highly regarded and widespread in europe in the 15th century

>Thou shalt not kill

Wow, never could have figured that one out without you God

>iq doesn't exist
>all humans are genetically identical
>genetics caused intelligence increases for 200k years of human evolution but suddenly stopped at the precise moment humans diverged
wow! so deep. What would we do without you, western civilization?!

>If Happiness is a Goddess, then why should any other Goddess be worshipped? Checkmate Pagans!

St.Augustine...holy...I want more.

>China's lasting Empire is mainly due to its positioning.
No.jpg.

For starters, Qin Shi Huang had to hammer these people into submission. And they saw themselves as possessing of common culture yet still diverse.

In addition, if we're talking Geography, then China proper alone wouldve divided the Chinks numerous times over after the few dynasties. I mean, look at this shit:
>Northern Plains.
>South of the Yangtze.
>Sichuan river basin.
While it did divide itself into that (the famous Three Kingdoms), the meme to reunify the empire was pretty damn strong.

>to be the man, you gotta beat the man
Woo! So deep and insightful! Who could guess such things without you, Nature Boy Ric Flair?

>yeah buddy, confucius was totally like, highly regarded and widespread in europe in the 15th century
he wasn't
you know what was?
fratricide and patricide

>hey pagans, if your god are so tough why did your women get raped by barbarians and your temples burned to the ground? checkmate heathens

1,587 years later and the burn's still hot

1. Did he just pull a burning heart out of the back of his head?
2. Did people actually wear that shit?

>Pin your enemies down and flank them
Gee, thanks Alexander, sure was hard to figure out that one.

>fratricide and patricide
lol

>Run at your enemies really fast

Yippee ki yay Adolph, you really are a special one aren't you

>Nothing can explain everything, I've done the math to prove it

Wow like learn to turn your brain off sometimes dude haha live a little one love bro

once you control the rivers, where like 90% of the population live along, then you're pretty golden desu

...no? China's not Ancient Egypt. In addition those rivers - fuckhuge ones at that- branch to smaller rivers that run all over China.

It's particularly bad in Sichuan (hence the name: it means Riverlands) and south of the Yangtze.

>Honour thy father and thy mother
>Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers.
Wow! So deep and insightful! Who could guess such things without you, G-d?

>an extensive body of philosophy badly summarised in a single sentence

Is this the fruit of the culture which considers having heard of something as being familiar with it and having skimmed the Wikipedia article about it as being an expert on it?

In terms of historical influence, the one-sentence summary version is usually all that matters. Also it's just a meme, lighten up you dumb fuck.

>muh yuropeean superhumen

Priests in Eastern Orthodox churches still wear that shit on special occasions, depending on their rank.

>In terms of historical influence, the one-sentence summary version is usually all that matters
'no'

The only sphere in which 'the one-sentence summary version is usually all that matters' is the sphere of pseudo-intellectualism populated by midwits desperate to signal their pretensions to being educated despite never having read any proper work on a topic.

If we are talking "influence": if there's any feedback towards the topics involved, it's a negative one, polluting discussion with caricatures of ideas and arguments.

It's the "& Humanities" version of Pop-Sci and just as moronic.

And I am perfectly aware this is a meme thread, but it's a perfect springboard for this observation. How many people making these jokes have more than a wikipedia-skim's knowledge on what they're talking about?

I'd say a majority.

>tfw modern times & internet broke me
>tfw wiki-surf for hours at a time
>tfw no longer have the attention span to finish entire book
>tfw 29 and haven't read a whole book since school days

SEND HELP

>Things fall down
Thanks Newton, we seriously dind't know.

>China's not Ancient Egypt

fuck you it might be

It isn't. For one thing, it's China, not Egypt lololol.

But my point in that thread was control of the Yangzte/Huanghe isn't as existentially superduper vital as the Nile was to Ancient Egypt. Their whole fucking Kingdom just followed the damn river, living miles away from it was suicide.

Meanwhile, having control of Huang He and Yangtze means you have control of trade and communications, but you can still live miles away from the damn places.

>Jews are bad and stuff
Wow! So deep and insightful! Who could guess such things without you, Hitler?

>I'd say a majority.
You'd be utterly wrong. Just look at all the Stirner memesters.

He's just being an ebin trol xd

I misread, I thought he/you said how many people were ignorant of the matter they are memeing about

The only one I see desperate to signal their pretensions here is you.

I can't stress this enough

>He lived in the 2nd century AD
>He was a Roman Emperor
>He was also a philosopher

He was a philosopher AND a fucking Roman Emperor, based Marcus Aurelius

Dude, that quote is just usual common sense. Only religious freaks can claim the opposite.

let me say that again: he was a philosopher AND a fucking Roman Emperor

Why are you being so combative? I think you are underestimating people who lived around that time. I would say that he just kept a good diary and that the thoughts and ideas he recorded were commonplace.

>as stating that one should not think independently like Concucksius said, right?
When did he say this? Oh wait, you are a shitposter.

*burns witch*

?

There's three rivers 400-500km apart and two of them were mostly non-navigable before the modern era.

Although you are triggered, you are triggered for a good reason.

>Hahaha Priest shits into the mouth of 9 year old girl while a young adonis with a large member ruins her tender womanhood like an amorous battering ram.
Wow! So deep and...actually, Marquis de Sade, that is fucked up.

>you dont actually need all that shit
>FUCK everything
Wow! So deep and insightful! Who could guess such things without you, diogenes?

of course you can count hundreds of monarchs' philosophical thoughts and diaries throughout the millennia, right?

>all human beings are united into one and only collective soul

Wow dude, this is so cool! So deep and insightful! Who could guess such things without you, Fichte?

It's true, Taoism discovered it first though

>Happiness is just that brief moment of hope between one sadness and another
>Humans are doomed to a destiny of boredom springing from the realization that life is meaningless

Holy shit, Leopardi, so deep and insightful, I just can't hold these feels!

>don't eat beans
Amazing pythagoras, your wisdom will go down in history!

no, but everything involved in proving it most certainly was

>duhrrrr fffbfffffflll
>

And now comes to spread their autism to a completely irrelevant thread.

Bitch that post is five hours old, at this point you're the one stirring shit by pointing it out.

>dude like, you will always be wanting things doesn't matter how many things you already have. so stop wanting things.
>btw, everyone suffers

now that's an affirmation that only an enlightened one could think of.

Not the South

I like to think these threads are spoofing exactly that superficial knowledge.