Who are some historical figures that were too intelligent for their respective time periods?

Who are some historical figures that were too intelligent for their respective time periods?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Philoponus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

when robots take the place of the majority of the workforce we will see what happens

but right now he is garbage

Galileo

that austrian guy that said if you flooded germany with people of different races you would destroy it

I agree Egon Schiele was a visionary, shame he died so young.

He wasn't smart enough to incorporate Kepler's findings, or to not write a seething response to the most powerful figure in the area during the height of the Church's counter reformation.

Tesla.
For example, the Schumann resonance, named after Schumann more than 50 years later after Tesla's work on the subject because nobody took him seriously

Marxist robot uprising?

Ibn Khaldun was centuries ahead of his time. He outlined political philosophy before Machiavelli, the theory of evolution before Darwin, base economics before Adam Smith and "hard times create strong men" before Molyneux.

Han Fei should have been the first Prime Minister of unified China.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Philoponus
>John Philoponus broke from the Aristotelian–Neoplatonic tradition, questioning methodology and eventually leading to empiricism in the natural sciences. He was one of the first to propose a "theory of impetus" reminiscent of the modern concept of inertia over Aristotelian dynamics.
>was posthumously condemned as a heretic by the Imperial Church in 680–81 because of what was perceived of as a tritheistic interpretation of the Trinity.
>His posthumous condemnation limited the spread of his writing, but copies of his work did circulate in Greek or Latin versions in medieval Europe, influencing Bonaventure and Buridan (over 600 years after his death)
>His critique of Aristotle in the Physics commentary was a major influence on Giovanni Pico della Mirandola and Galileo Galilei (over 900 years after his death)

More like skynet

Al Gore
Jimmy Carter

You don't win because of intelligene though. You win because you get to the hearts of Americans, aka you gotta talk like you're talking to retards. Trump won that way. You have to tell people what they WANT to hear, not what they NEED to hear.

We could've had steampunk Romans

>Skynet Earth is just another failed communist state
Really activates the almonds

They were just right for their time periods, that's why they were able to make significant discoveries and influence lots of people instead of being literally whos like

>no theory of natural selection or any mechanism for evolution
>teleological conception of a "tree of life"

It's a start, user. Although I agree, it's basically like those guys in Ancient Greece who argued that matter was made of atoms. Sure, they turned out to be right, but it was more of a lucky guess than anything.

*tips fedora*

That has nothing to do with evolution you dumbass we wuzer. He is saying that close to minerals there are herbs and close to palms there are sneils. Besides that is not how evolution works

Why are Christians so triggered by the notion that Muslim golden age created evolution theory?

because it didn't, Darwin created the modern theory, and he had no knowledge of some irrelevant muslim philosophers

>he had no knowledge of some irrelevant muslim philosophers
Unlikely, considering he was educated.

>a tritheistic interpretation of the Trinity
I don't get this. Did he say that The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are three separate deities? Somebody give me the quick rundown on heretical interpretations of the Trinity.

You mean the Greeks came up with the idea and muslims took it over several centuries later, right, user?

You could at least have said that they have stolen this idea from the Persians or the Indians or some bullshit like that. You are not even trying at this point.

Me.

Considering different eras smarter or dumber than others is really pleb-tier history, but I'll humor you.

Leonardo da Vinci's invention ideas were impossible in the 1400s and 1500s, but if he had lived during the 1800s he could have actually put those ideas to use.

Molyneux made that meme? Now I know its bullshit.