Did Eastern Europe jail anyone for "crimes against humanity" after the fall of communism?

Did Eastern Europe jail anyone for "crimes against humanity" after the fall of communism?

Other urls found in this thread:

euronews.com/2015/07/24/romania-former-prison-commandant-given-20-years-for-crimes-against-humanity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anetta_Kahane
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vassili_Kononov
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mostly in former Eastern Germany

What do you know, one of them died a few weeks ago.

euronews.com/2015/07/24/romania-former-prison-commandant-given-20-years-for-crimes-against-humanity

>he was released after serving 2 years
Wow so harsh, poor thing

This nigga got got.

>Mostly in former Eastern Germany
Nonsense. All of the SED and Stasi heads like Honecker and Mielke got away with their crimes.

Not quite. Mielke was imprisoned, and Honcker was arrested but released because he was literally dying of cancer.

Stasi members still rule Germany to this day. (((Anetta Kahane))) is responsible for their censorship operations.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anetta_Kahane

Merkel herself may have undisclosed links to the East Germany government.

>"crimes against humanity"
like?

LIKE DESTROYING (((WESTERN CIVILZATION)))

>no women
commies

Like enslaving people and killing those who were annoyed enough to express negative opinions towards the regime.

I hate commies just like any sane person, but c'mon man, it breaks my heart to see a 90 yo man who probably doesn't even remember who he is being sent to jail. At this point they do it for no other reason than for political propaganda.

Their only crime was resting the liberal New World Order. For this their punishment was death.

From the wiki:

>Because her parents were Jewish and active in communism they had to flee the Nazi regime to Spain and later France.

And I doubted /pol/.

Yes

>Vassili Makarovich Kononov[1] or Vasiliy Makarovich Kononov (Russian: Bacилий Maкapoвич Кoнoнoв, Latvian: Vasilijs Kononovs; 1 January 1923 – 31 March 2011) was a Soviet partisan during World War II, who was convicted by Latvian supreme court as a war criminal.[2][3] He is the only former Soviet partisan convicted of crimes against humanity.[4]

>Kononov was convicted for his role in three deaths in Mazie Bati, a Latvian village where local inhabitants had denounced alleged partisans who were then killed by German troops. A short time later Kononov led a unit, posing as German Wehrmacht personnel, into the village and killed nine civilians, including three women, one in the late stages of pregnancy who was burned alive. A Latvian court declared the killing of the three women a war crime.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vassili_Kononov

wait

Here's what you do if you're a communist leader and want to escape consequences:

>bad economy
>widespread opposition against your rule and recent violent abuses
>no way you'll hold out for more than a few years
>declare your willingness to negotiate with the opposition
>invite opposition leaders OF YOUR CHOICE to talks
>the group you choose is composed mostly of your agents or otherwise compromised people
>agree a peaceful hand-over of power with your agents where you are guaranteed impunity for your past abuses
>also privately take over various state-owned businesses and split the loot with your agents
>live happily ever after

i.e. the Polish solution.

Damn

>Mostly in former Eastern Germany
My ass. They're all in power now.

One thing for sure, a lot of high ranking east german generals did not recieve their benefits

just to avoid the theft of the state owned business commies should have stayed commie.

>
>I hate commies just like any sane person, but c'mon man, it breaks my heart to see a 90 yo man who probably doesn't even remember who he is being sent to jail. At this point they do it for no other reason than for political propaganda.

Yes, that, and you know, decades of abusing innocents.

Dumb redditard

Very likely could of been done earlier. If it wasn't a political issue a man that old wouldn't be given what is essentially a death sentence.

Dumb tryhard.

Due to the awful economy the businesses were rapidly becoming uncompetitive in the global scheme of things.

Plus it was the commies doing the thievery.