DUUUUURRR I MADE A STINKY

>DUUUUURRR I MADE A STINKY
Wow, Charles. Incredible insight. What would we ever have done without you?

*blocks your path*
>dare insult the king, heretico?

Funny thing is, he wasn't even the monarch that made the worst decisions in Spanish history.

t.Nigel Nigelson
You should read more pal.What your crappy teacher told you in school is mostly false

I remember reading he actually made a half decent attempt to end the inquisition

>I remember reading he actually made a half decent attempt to end the inquisition
He also tried to abolish slavery.At the end he just end up freeing slaves from British colonies that stepped foot on Spanish soil

>Implying implications that are false

I'm Belgian with a graduate degree in history. If you're arguing that Philip didn't fuck up the situation in the Netherlands, than you're an ignorant cunt

He was good king.

>I'm Belgian
t.butthurt rape baby.
Protestants deserved everything they got

>again implying shit

Fuck you're stupid. I don't even object to the former Spanish rule, I wish they reconquered all of the Netherlands. And Spain would have done it weren't it for Philip's incompetence

>Philip's incompetence
How? The rebellion was practically death after Phillip's reign.The United provinces just got bumped by England and France while Phillip the III was just worried about fucking actresses

>appoint failed military leaders because of their lineage, and not because of their military skill
>went bankrupt because of all the wars he started
>sacked the wealthiest city in Europe at that time (Antwerp), while letting the protestants leave and go to the north (thus funding their war effort)
-building the biggest armada just to fuck it up against a weaker enemy

>appoint failed military leaders because of their lineage, and not because of their military skill
Who? The only one that I can think about is Medina Sidonia who was a decent sailor.
>went bankrupt because of all the wars he started
He didn't start any war.All were defensive and bankruptcies were common.France had 2 bankruptcies in the XVI which everyone seems to forget.
>>sacked the wealthiest city in Europe at that time (Antwerp), while letting the protestants leave and go to the north (thus funding their war effort)
Antwerp deserved it.They moved north because it was their only choice
>-building the biggest armada just to fuck it up against a weaker enemy
It wasn't that big of a hit and it would have succeded if not for the weather which I don't know how do you expect him to control that.
Now let see his achievements
>Quadrupled public revenue
>Cut Ottoman progress in the western mediterranean
>Invasion of Tunis
>Neutralization of France
>Succesful annexation of Portugal

>I'm Belgian with a graduate degree in history
HAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Belgium
>history
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Another user and Phillip II was decent enough as king, but the points you made are pretty moot or made by his dad;
>Quadrupled public revenue
Because of the colonial expansion and destruction of southamerican civilizations, all done under the reign of Charles V
>Cut Ottoman progress in the western mediterranean
The mediterranean contest was mostly won by the Ottomans and the only bright spot -Lepanto- was achieved by the Pope. To the contrary, you can blame Phillip II for not using Lepanto to roll back the ottoman conquest or securing northern africa.
>Invasion of Tunis
That was waaaaaaaaaaay back under Charles V and actually lost again in the reign of Phillip II
>Neutralization of France
Due to Italian Wars (again under Charles V) and then Wars of Religion completely fucking them up, which was done by themselfs with no spanish input.-
>Succesful annexation of Portugal
Due to the marriage secured by Charles V. But okay, it does count in some way as an achievement for Phillip

>Because of the colonial expansion and destruction of southamerican civilizations, all done under the reign of Charles V
Charles did jackshit in America.It was all done by private expeditions.Phillip developed the colonial system.
>The mediterranean contest was mostly won by the Ottomans and the only bright spot -Lepanto- was achieved by the Pope. To the contrary, you can blame Phillip II for not using Lepanto to roll back the ottoman conquest or securing northern africa.
Delusion.Attacking NA would have mean another front.
>That was waaaaaaaaaaay back under Charles V and actually lost again in the reign of Phillip II
Charles lost Venice
>Due to Italian Wars (again under Charles V) and then Wars of Religion completely fucking them up, which was done by themselfs with no spanish input.
I didn't know that Charles was rulling when San Quentin happened
>Due to the marriage secured by Charles V.
That is just a claim.Phillip had to fight half of Europe for Portugal

he tried to micromanage everything from Spain, where it took a month to deliver messages to the low countries and where he had to rely on sparse and unreliable reports from the ground and where he had fits of indecisiveness lasting months, during which his enemies took advantage of the situation.

The habsburgs were fucking shit, they just destroyed Spain slowly with stupid wars everywhere thanks to their fanatism, the only good thing I can think about them is their passion for good art

is this a subtle WEpost?

He'd fit right in here.

>a literal retard who died 300 years ago has had more impact on history than you
fbm

our lives are still young

>In February 1689, Marie Louise of Orléans, the king's first wife, suddenly fell gravely ill and died under dubious circumstances. Her death has been attributed to one or more of the following suspected causes: injuries sustained while riding, appendicitis, and deliberate assassination by poisoning (at the supposed direction of her mother-in-law, and allegedly in response to the couple's continuing failure to produce an heir).

caesar cried on the alex the G's statue reprimanding himself for not accomplishing anything almost in his 30's

maybe if you cry over Veeky Forums memes you'd actually be relevant