Why is it that some people think that paganism, specifically what they learn from games like D&D and Elder Scrolls...

Why is it that some people think that paganism, specifically what they learn from games like D&D and Elder Scrolls, is superior to religions that have lots of actual spirituality and thousands of years worth of history, literature, and art like Christianity, Islam, and Judaism?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_14
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>specifically what they learn from games like D&D and Elder Scrolls
What the fuck are you talking about?
Are you suggesting that people out there worship the nine divines?

>actual spirituality
>It`s an edgy asspie trying to fit in

What makes you think pre-Christian/pre-Islamic (paganic) religions) lack "actual" spirituality or years worth of history, literature, and art?

If there's a shortage of it in the modern day, you can thank your iconoclastic buddies who made it a hobby to destroy anything associated with paganism during the 4th - 5th centuries.

>He doesn't worship Molag Bal

Azura and nothing else.

I've never met one of these IRL pagans Veeky Forums keeps talking about. I met an edgy Satanist, but that's it

Christianity is all about peace and loving each other equally and all that gay shit. Young people are not religious anymore and see religion on the same grounds as entertainment, that's why paganism is cool and Christianity is boring.

>not worshipping Demonbane

platonism is very prominent in christian theology, and it was also in paganism in the Roman empire. christianity at the time was actually viewed by tue intellectuals of the time as being a cheap rip off of pagan philosophies.

>Christianity is all about peace and loving each other equally and all that gay shit.
It doesn't have to be. Luther ensured that we can read and interpret the bible however the fuck we want you Chatolicuck.

Violence against other religions is justified by Jesus aka God made man on earth trying to maim jews when he hunted them with a whip.

I'm an Irish Protestant actually, or was raised Protestant. Went to a religious school as a kid and all I ever heard there was the peace and love for all mankind stuff. And now you have TV shows like Vikings glorifying the pagan ways along with pagan inspired video game mythology. Smashing Kristians with Mjolnir is cooler than washing and kissing peasant's feet.

>Smashing Kristians with Mjolnir is cooler than washing and kissing peasant's feet.
but that's not what the medieval Catholicism was about

en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_14
what did they mean by this?

>Smashing Kristians with Mjolnir is cooler than washing and kissing peasant's feet.

>choosing your religious beliefs based on whatever sounds good

really toasted my bagel there.

Paganism of nordcucks - memetic bullshit, created in 19-20 centuries.
Paganism of Roman empire - was much more developed and nice than Christianity.

Make your own religion. You will always be happy.

Most Christians are rightly ashamed that that kind of thing is part of their religions history.

The 9 divines? You s'wit, I worship the true gods in flesh, Almsivi.
Fucking N'wah reeeee.

your average Veeky Forums christian are not, which is perfectly suitable for judging others of the group

>christianity
>actual spirituality
Pick one. All abrahamic faiths are soulless and artificial.

actually, the fact that we have ANYTHING about them is due to christians writing texts about them, or copying pagan historical works that talked about them(both of those options are filled with biases and propaganda in places, but hey).

ALMSIVI is not my tribnul, they are Outlander sympathisers and probably agents of the Four Corners of the House of Troubles :-DDD. Nerevar and Vvardenfel not Emperor and Morrowind ok. Praise Azura.

and if christians hadn't destroyed temples or turned them into churches they would have been preserved there, but hey

>which is perfectly suitable for judging others of the group
What did he mean by this?

>4th Era
>still worshiping almsivi

I think you mean eight divines, citizen.

>Christianity, Islam, and Judaism

Those have zero spirituality

>tfw you had this picture for years and finally get to use it

thank you user.

Turks seem to have a thing for the Deadra.

because they achieve chim

>choosing your religious beliefs
>choosing religious beliefs
>choosing
>religious beliefs
>ever

look at this sheeple and laugh.

I bet you totally "chose" whatever Christian denomination you were born into, good luck getting anyone go believe that

t. former protestant

Why do you think that paganism could not?
If anything it has a greater capacity for thought, since philosophy and spirituality could be kept separate.
Think like how you could have a native religion, like any Germanic/Greco-Roman/Celtic one with a heavy emphasis on a lifestyle philosophy like Stoicism or Epicureanism.
Wouldn't be all that dissimilar to Shinto+Buddhism.

Sorry friend, I'll feast with Shor in Sovngarde's halls

Dirty piss-skin knife-ears

>that pic
Pretty sure they only want Germanic ethnicities to go back to folk religion.

>lots of actual spirituality and thousands of years worth of history, literature, and art like Christianity, Islam, and Judaism?
>lots of actual spirituality
>thousands of years worth of history
>Christianity, Islam, and Judaism

my sides hurt xD

>former protestant

How mentally damaged do you have to be to act like people can't or don't move from one religion to another all the time when you yourself have done so?

who are those Pagans that want everyone to convert to their specific Germanic Branch of Paganism?

THE ENDING OF THE WORDS IS ALMSIVI.

My Muatra is bigger than yours.

>Islam
>actual spirituality and thousands of years worth of history, literature, and art
Islam is actually very shallow and devoid of depth. It lacks content.

Because it means you can have your own interpretation whilst being part of a larger group
Whilst with organised religion there are clear bouhdaries

>what are the praises of warlords
>what is every addendum made to quarantine
>what is that Moroccan visiting the Netherlands

He's saying they can choose and should choose

Azura was pretty ok if I remember right.

>he doesn't follow a syncretic religion that is a combination of Orthodox Christianity and the Tribunal Temple religion

Yeah she's one of the 'good' ones.

Are you an Alawite?

>actually, the fact that we have ANYTHING about them is due to christians writing texts about them

Considering Christian polemicists did nothing but throw around baseless charges and exaggerate beliefs to ridiculous lengths concerning pagans or heretics, we might as well not even have any record of what these people believed in.