Where was the least shitty place to live in Europe around 1500 C.E.?

Where was the least shitty place to live in Europe around 1500 C.E.?

Probably one of the Italian merchant republics.

Actually, fuck living in a city before modern sanitation.

Probably in the middle of some place that had fertile land and relatively low tithes.

Probably the netherlands or some mediterran rich city.

In Crimean Khanate with motorbike.

If only François 1er kept on winning the Italian wars...

Golden Horde

not memeing here, what about living in a Muslim country as a non-muslim? you only had to pay the religious tax and they leave you in peace. Moreover, you wouldn't have been dragged into war

My bet, Tunis

Sad for you he was an absolute faggot

Constantinople.

As the saying goes, East stinks the least.

No conscription was likely considered a form of disenfranchisement by some.

Meme. You were considered a second class citizen.

this, netherlands was the best part of europe at the time with rising living standards and most vibrant cities

Sweden or Spain seems like a nice area

Also

>Tunis
>Europe

>1500
Venice is your best bet for a city, much as it smells now, the channels made it a far cleaner than average city before sanitation became a thing. The timing is not so good tho, right between wars.
If you're rich, the countryside might be a better bet anyway. Somewhere around Lyon would be your best bet for affluence and peacefulness.

>grand
>duchy
>of lithuania

England, France, or Mamluk Egypt probably

Aq Qoyunlu. Unpronouncable = uninvadable.

They're also Timurids... so if you want to live in arguably the most barbaric empire to exist then yeah, that's your place.

>you will never be a monk in the XVI century, working a vineyard in the peaceful countryside

Granted, the city of Venice itself never suffered invasion. So besides general war time resource scarceness, its not too bad of a place to be even during war. Assuming of course that you're in the city of Venice and not just the Veneto.
What you really have to look out for is recurrent Plague outbreaks

Ah, well. Never mind then. Istanbul it is!

It's Constantinople. You may not want to pronounce things like Aq Qoyunlu (which isn't that hard), but at least get the words right. A lot of city names got changed recently to fit propaganda, Istanbul is one example, unfortunately supported by that one song.

At the very least it's anachronistic.

Konstantiniye*

t. EUIV pro
I hate this cringy ass people with 0 knowledge about the subject

First of all, that's still government naming

Second, that's not rreally an English word, it's trying to put the Turkish in English like AQ Qoyunlu

Finally, it's just another form of Constantinople/Konstantinopolis, it is the same word

don't care

living in some small Italian village near the coast would be pretty comfy i imagine

Probably Spain. Around 1500 CE the gold is about to start flowing.

>western europe
italy
>eastern europe
poland

Spain had the most opportunities but only from a militarily and artistic point of view. But if you worked on manufacturing you would be fucked due inflation

Not in the first years of the 1500's, it's not until the reign of Charles V that the spanish industry went to the shit.

eh, to be honest I didn't read OP was specifically asking about Europe.

Then I"ll go for Spain hoping I get onto the next ship to the New World to get rich or die tryin'

If you want to spend most of your life taking cocks up your arse in Tunisia sure

>Be user, live a few miles from Trier
>Get raped by north africans

HRE City states, because more freedom and more rights.
Anyone who says "Kingdom of ..." is just not intelligent enough for this board.

>republics weren't as opprisive as kingdoms
>Duchies are somehow different to kingdoms
t.brainlet that thinks he is the shit

Fuck off /pol/

>Fuck off /pol/
>i don't agree with you
> /po/-- /pol/ XD
Nice argument

/pol/ I told you to fuck off

comfy north italian cities

>republics are indeed freer than absolute monarchies
>duchies are not city states