Will you withdraw your BTC to your private wallet to get your free split coin come August 1st?

will you withdraw your BTC to your private wallet to get your free split coin come August 1st?

Other urls found in this thread:

poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.07.24-Our-plans-to-handle-potential-BTC-network-disruptions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is this going to work, and when? Serious question.

it will probably unfold the same way it did for ETC/ETH

and how did that work?

Short like it's no tomorrow.

No

stay poor

Segwit activated, big blockers now have their own shitcoin and can now leave BTC alone.

Literally the brightest future possible for BTC.

Good luck with that short m8.

You are short-sighted (no pun intended). Nothing will change on 1st of august. Speculation was imprinted in the price last week but turned out to be false. See ya at the bottom.

I dont get why people are selling btc though? Like you keep that shit and buy more and get your free BCC on Aug 1st? Am i missing something?

Maybe you are smarter than the market. Put your money where your mouth is.

...and not a single answer to OP's question.

I just dont panic sell, and keep buying dips. Btc will be up again, depends how patient you are.

To secure profit, since most of us already bought the first crash.

They are betting that it will go as low or lower this time and they will use the extra profits to buy even more BTC to leverage the free coin deal from the split.

Hmm so it's just pure manipulation. God love decentralisation

But i'm rich

>imagining a split coin is going to magically worth 9 billion
> doesnt realise btc and bcc is going to dump hard af come aug 1st

what if my BTC is on blockchain.info, do i get BCC there?

Any step by step guide for a newbie poorfag?

If you have your own btc address you'll have both btc and bcc since the blockchain forks

blockchain is very well established, i'd guess they'll support everything serious, but you can never know CEO can change and whatnot

safest solution is to download Electrum (very lightweight client that gives you perfect control over your private keys) and transfer your BTC to an address generated with it

also realize that if a 3rd party doesn't "support" a certain chain, it'll mean they get those tokens to keep for themselves free of charge. so you can never know, safest is to get control of your private keys prior to Aug1.

poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.07.24-Our-plans-to-handle-potential-BTC-network-disruptions/

Any word on how bittrex will handle this? My google fu is weak apparently (only find mention of bitcoin unlimited and shit, seems older)

Might do to get my $1 worth of BCC.

THOUGHT THIS SHIT WASN'T SPLITTENING NOW UNTIL NOVEMBER

So is it worth selling shitcoins to btc in order to get the new coin?

BTC won't fall past 2,000 and I very much doubt the coin will split, but I get why some say it could by Nov.

thank you

Why is blitcoin splitting!?

> Doesn't realize ethereum did the same thing under worse circumstances.

if you hold it in a bitflyer wallet it will fork for you. bitflyer exchange wallet is arguably safer than paper or cold storage, because its insured by the largest japanese bank. stay salty westfags

Bittrex claims they'll "try" to give equivalent amounts of BCC to those holding BTC on their exchanges, who knows though

>ID: I Hd0l
wew

Does my wallet on GDAX count as a private wallet? Not sure what I am supposed to do here...

you need a wallet where you control your own private keys
just download a wallet to your pc and transfer

Doe the blockchain.info wallet give you your keys?

are you stupid? did you not hear about the BCC hardfork that chinks are forcing through, despite UASF not activating?

Oh I see. So get a bitflyer wallet on my PC then hold my BTC there until after the fork? Then I can either keep my BTC or convert it to BCC?

Okay, I got my own pub/priv keys wallet.
I'm out of Bittrex.

So... what now?
How to take advantage of the split?

nothing will change
bitcoin is capped at 21 million
the split will make there be 42 million bitcoins but each one will be wort half the value
this is what happens you only trade cryptos and not real, tangible, actual stocks...

False.
BCC is a meme.
Chinks only want to make a quick buck. Careful where you put your money.
I'm bigger than a whale.

Do you think this is like a stock split? Kek.

>stock splits never happen
Veeky Forums post of the year

bitflyer and electrum?
I just send it to MEW as a custom token.
So instead of 1 dollar I have 2 x 50 cents?

wew lad

that's what happens when stocks split retard
nestle 2008
- June 30, 2008 split of 1:10 (1 old share = 10 new shares)
1 $500 share become 10 $50 shares

1 $2500 BTC will become 2 $1250 BTC
market cap remains the same but more BTC are in circulation

lucky bastard again.

Where can i short?? I am at kraken butt i can not find the button to go short.. I sold al me bit friday morning (tokiotime)

You dumb fucking retard, this isn't a stock split.

On Kraken its the combination of Alt-F4

this is not a stock split...

So is the probability of a split happening 100% or not?

What do you mean you are bigger than a whale?

Split or not?

I still dont know what to do with my electrum wallet during the fork. I cant get any clear answer.

Split and dip. HODL for life. Or just sell into tether, LTC.

same here user, I am thinking about selling simply because I cant get an answer to this question...

I would if bittrex didn't prevent me from pulling out since the 22

Will that cause a crash?

They changed it to ctrl-w

how much will 1 BTC be worth in BCC?

5-10 BCC

Somebody please tell me what splitting is and why I should panic.

Should I not be holding something like ARK during the split? Will prices of altcoins dip hard in terms of BTC or double their BTC value if BTC splits?

Which desktop wallet do you suggest that will give me both coins?

I currently have exodus but not sure if it will give me the second coin

If i keep my BTC in the Core wallet, will i receive the BCC?

Also, I synced and encrypted my Core Wallet, but for some reason i can open the wallet without typing the Passcode

Shit man. Had about 100$ worth of btc in feb-mar, now they are at 300$
just got another 150$ worth of btc, I dunno mang, I'll keep them in wallet

Completely different here. Also take into account the huge amount of BCC supply that is going to be stuck by the exchanges not supporting the fork, removing a lot from the market. The combined market cap will be higher than the one before the split that is for sure

I have my BTC in the Exodus wallet as well. As long as you export and control your private keys you will be fine. I'm not sure if Exodus will update and support BCC so you might have to claim it elsewhere

So I keep them in exodus during the fork (when was it again?), then after the fork I open a BCC wallet and use my exodus private key there?

Definitely.
And then I'll dump the split shitcoin as fast as possible.

All you have to do is import your BTC private key into a BCC wallet and you'll have your BTC.

That's the signal I needed.

Wtf are you all talking about free coins?
In the case that you have your coins in a wallet you will be the one to decide which chain you follow. As long as they stay in that wallet they are essentially both. The moment you want to move them you will either select the BTC or the BCC chain.

both will exist, a second blockchain will be created for as long as there's support for both

how the fuck can there be support for both

Will electrum wallet do the split?

Will there even be an exchange thatll accept Bitcoin Cash?

>dropped thousands of $ on btc earlier this summer
>just sold them all
>$4 loss
with that out of the way I' can't wait to watch the chaos next week

If you sold yesterday you could have made hundreds of dollars retard.

what ever happened to hodling?

>free coins

how retarded are you people. seriously how retarded. you pretend to know how to trade crypto and dont realize that doubling the supply of an asset pushes the price of that asset down. holy shit guys. your "free coins" are not free

Anyone knows about how kraken will deal with btc split?

I think it means "free" in the same way a bunch of old vacuum cleaners from the dump are free.

Fuck me sideways, there are some morons in Veeky Forums, that is scary...

Just look at the ETH split ffs, it's similar to that.

We now have ETC and ETH coins.

Not fucking rocket science to work out what will happen when it's already fucking happened.

So what's the bottom line? Is btc gonna keep on dipping or is it gonna bounce back after Aug 1st? Cause this puts a crink in my plan hard.
>tfw your shit city gets coin atms and btc is crashing hard.

What happened to the price of ETH when there was the split? I was not into crypto when that happened.

BCC price will surpass BTC price in 3 months. Screenshot this:

BCC= $2000
BTC= $450

question regarding bitcoin in the long term:
what's the plan when fees start skyrocketing again when segwit is no longer enough? clearly segwit is a short term solution, so isn't block size increase the only option? I've read a bit about this lightning network thing, but apparently it's mathematically impossible so idek

Whales will dump BCC immediately for free money to kill it. No one but a few chinks will care about it when bitcoin has name recognition

I haven't bought any bitcoins yet, so I guess I got interested in it at a bad time. Should I just wait until after the split?

Same here. I've asked around before but no one seems to be answering me.

that mightve been a decent argument if the 1mb block was ever ACTUALLY full

if you look at the mempool, the MOMENT segwit2x got announced, it emptied. It was a fucking spam attack for power control.

also, segwit takes tx off chain. it wont matter if the blocks are full.

Check the prices right now and then check again tomorrow. Prices for coins is sporadic as hell. I'm a no coiner to but with everything dipping this bad I'm waiting a couple of days for China to finish dumping. Or else the price you pay may not recover for a while, if it does recover.

electrum keeps your private keys on your computer. read their fucking website first thing they write
>Your private keys are encrypted and never leave your computer.

electrum is safe. you can retrieve your private keys easily, you'll be able to get whatever chains arise

ETH split to rollback transactions (of the DAO hack) something that no reputable currency has ever done before or since

this 'split' is entirely different, it's done because some believe BTC is primarily a store of wealth (~will replace gold) while others (BCC) believe BTC is primarily a currency (~will replace the dolar)

If anyone tells you don't believe them anyway.

if you buy bitcoins now and transfer it to a wallet like electrum, you get Bitcoin Cash in addition to your BTC after aug1. if you buy BTC post-aug1, you only get BTC

Ok, guys. Let's recapitulate this, If I own BTC during aug 1st (safe in desktop wallet i.e electrum), will I get the same amount of BTC and BCC instantly in my wallet or I won't get the BCC till I deposit the BTC on an BCC wallet, deciding which chain I'll follow from that point?

So is it beneficial to do it before the 31st? Or is the overall value of both gonna dip for a while?