Why did christianity throw medieval Europe into 1000 years of darkness?

Why did christianity throw medieval Europe into 1000 years of darkness?

*Western Europe

And it was Germans, not Jesus

it didn't, the germanic did

It didn't.

Was specifically Valentinian III's fault, in combination with other incompetent romans and barbaric invasions. The fact that the super power uniting europe was no more, and the fact that provinces got overrun with barbarians was catastrophic.

This was only the case with the western roman territory, the eastern roman empire preserved it's intelligence as did the muslims if they count

There are a lot of factors.
It was not just Christianity. Among other things it was the scholastic infusion of Aristotelian thinking with Christian dogmatics which resulted in the halting of mathematics. The thing is Aristotle did some work on the problem of infinities in the third book of the physics, relating to the paradoxes of zeno etc. Aristotle made a distinction within the concept of infinity, creating two versions of it, where infinity proper only applied to "the god". This as it was adopted into Christian scholasticism made the progression of mathematics somewhat impossible, since touching, working and tinkering with that concept became a big nono. This was such even in the 1890ies. Cantor actually reformulated his theory of transfinitism to fit with dogmatics, and was very eager not to offend the church. One priest after having read the theory, wrote Cantor a letter saying that the initial statement of the theory couldn't be true, due to such and such, and our good mathematician got very red ears.
So, Partly the first scientist as we like to call him, the OG original greek the Big A himself, was somewhat responsible for the halting. However there's more to it. Archimedes and Eudoxus did not accept Aristotle on the issue, and kept working on it. Their math was actually much more developed than that of the middle ages. However, the Romans killed Archemedes, whilst he was working on a problem, the well known quote "Do not disturb my circles", which is why we sometimes say that the only contributions the romans made to formal mathematics was to stop it for twelve hundred years. Further more the writings of Archimedes and the others were lost along with some of the original Aristotle lit, and was first found in it's original greek along time after the initial incorporation in christian dogma. The early christian thinkers got their Aristotle material from Arab translations of the original work. So blame Aristotle, the Romans, and the Arabs.

It's funny how you faggots allow yourselves 1000 years of nothing and then develop thanks to being lectured and stealing everything from Byzantine but berate Slavs for the same thing even though they surpassed you in a 10th of that time. Before you broke their spirit of course.

>belate slavs for the same thing
what?

Arguably the Byz and Goths fighting over Italy , leaving it prey to the Lombards did the most damage

We need to ask ourselves the german question desu.

Justinian or, as I like to call him, JUST-inian was a flagrant degenerate and warmonger who ruined the glorious Eastern Roman Empire with his wastrel ways centered around glorifying a dead province and a forgotten dream! He wanders the palace grounds headless, his wife is a whore and harlot who performed sexual acts with swans as crowds would watch!

BELISARIUS IS A KEK I TELL YOU, A KEK.

Not Christianity, the Catholic Church

Hes referring to retards that call slavs subhuman

It didn't.

Because they are evil and want to see man suffer and be destroyed.

The Catholic Church is Christianity. There is no other Christianity.

Why did Family Guy throw OP into 10 years of darkness?

They didn't give sacrifices to the true Gods.

I don't remember anyone berating the Slavs for stealing from the Byzantines, he didn't mean the Arabs?

Snowniggers

So you made the bait thread just to post that and feel smart, right?

This was an interesting read, and this fits entirely into my understanding of mathematics and how being able to properly use the abstraction of infinity as a intuitive tool to understand limits was huge.

It's hard to blame Aristotle. The guy made tons of contributions to Biology and Zoology that were invaluable. It's still interesting nonetheless to see fault in the guy's work which I suppose I never did before out of preference of him instead of Plato.

Her emails To Be Straight With You My Strapping Apprentice Ludovico

im not OP

archimedes was already like 3000 years old when he got killed, doubtful he would've brought more contributions before perishing without a badass quote

I remember Spengler writing that the idea of "space" as an abstract is a uniquely Faustian conception, and that pure abstract mathematics is also limited to Faustian culture. The Apollonian culture could only conceive the world in a concrete & euclidean way.