Hiro has permitted us to have 1 thread about how to improve the board

Hiro has permitted us to have 1 thread about how to improve the board.

So Veeky Forums, how do we improve the board?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13061119
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We need a [figuratively] fascistic moderator to cleanse the shitposting filth.

actually having janitors would be nice

Less shitposting
Less hitlerposting

Better/more moderation in general

either make humanities its own board of send it off to the void.
janitors atm are politically influenced, and as a righty i would rather have nobody cleaning right or left janitor because of how easily we can have corrupt janitors that just get rid of shit they hate

This board needs strict moderation to keep out political arguments and other off topic threads. Also maybe keeping the religious arguments to a single general thread would be best for everybody.

Anti-shitposters are hysterical outliers in the board and not representative of its dominant demographic.

Memes can stay

Unironically, to ban everyone who tries to shit up otherwise interesting history threads with random conspiracy theories about Jews. "You're a Jew/the author of that book is a Jew/I think this evidence is based on the word of a Jew" should not be used as a rebuttal in an argument.

Should we ban everybody for using fallacious thinking then? Your imaginary moderation standard is impractical and utopian.

more humanities less history

Veeky Forums should be just history
/hum/ (or /phi/) for humanities

nigger it's Veeky Forums not /hum/

Merge humanities with /llt/

yeah i think this is more appropriate

Boards are only good when they are home to "experts", so you guys need to read more history before posting.

Reminder that people that suggest strict moderation originate from a ///certain website///, are dull and bitter and want to make Veeky Forums mirror their image

&humanities should be its own board

Create an alternative to /pol/ so tankies don't vent their frustrations here. Maybe there should be a debate board, so both tankies and /pol/tards can spend all their energy fighting eachother

Removing humanities would solve most of the problems
>no religionfags shitting up ancient history threads
>no excuse for thinly-veiled /pol/ threads

if you guys think banning everything is the answer then will only lose traffic and thus discussion even more so, just fucking deal with it, every other board ive been to only bitches about what janitors do after they come, if we could hire robots to be perfect and delete everything that is objectively shit that sounds sicc
but we have humans and humans are biased, it would turn this place more into an echo chamber than it already is

Ban this guy

more moderation
make humanities a separate board

strawpoll.me/13061119

VOTEEEEEEEE!!!

In most history discussion boards on the Internet ranting about how the Jews are responsible for the Iraq-Iran War or for covering up the Aryan-ness of the Egyptians or whatever would get you banned, and those places have a higher level of discourse than here. It's really not that impractical.

How about we actually try to be objective when talking about fashists and commies for fuck's sake?

I mean I'm a hardcore capitalist, but Jesus Christ almighty on a rocket dildo, you guys act like children when someone even DARES to claim Hitlle/Stallin did something worthwhile

A lot of that seems to be a reaction to /pol/fags and vatniks. Granted, it *should* be possible to discuss things like that, but /pol/fags and similar shitposters tend to ruin everything they touch, so the reaction from everyone else is to ruin things they'd like.

Yeah, but people shouldn't stoop to their level. It's really shit because I'm Russian, but I love some Nazi uniform designs and tanks, but I can't discuss those for one fucking minute without WWI Sarajevo levels of autism leeking into the threads

Make this the sticky image

This.

Yeah let's have more memes and shitposting instead of actual discussion

Fuck you and your reddit image

Memes are essential to any board tho. I mostly likes Veeky Forums memes because people actually died over them

But, I agree with you... to an extent

>In most history discussion boards on the Internet ranting about how the Jews are responsible for the Iraq-Iran War or for covering up the Aryan-ness of the Egyptians or whatever would get you banned, and those places have a higher level of discourse than here.

And? Correlation is not causation. Suddenly getting rid of jewish conspiracists won't pop out """"""""""""quality"""""""""""""" out of thin air. Why post here if you better enjoy other alternatives, or request changes already imposed in other websites?

>I want stifling moderation and the silencing of those whose content I don't deem QUALITY (tm) enough

Buddy I have a realization for you

>le discussion above all else meme
Memes and shitposting are a part of board culture. Plus memes and shitposts are usually contained to their own threads, so they don't actually affect discussion, unlike tankies and /pol/tards

this post best post, let's sever humanities, and see what happen, we are at a tribal point in politics the left and right shall argue wherever they can argue

People protesting meme culture are concern trolls. Ignore them

first weeks of Veeky Forums
>actual discussion
>easily learn something new in most threads
>byzabooism is a thing
>colonial war between /pol/ and Veeky Forums, but that was okay because everyone expected it anyway

Veeky Forums now
>/pol/+trigger happy shitposters and Veeky Forums+some rebbit commies STILL GOING
>muh polism has become worthless because commies cannot understand inflation and "go away" is about the most pussy and cringeworthy retorte ever
>jannies just gave up cleaning up
>Veeky Forumsfags only distinguish themselves from the rebbit crowd in literal "literature on topic XY pls" threads
>/pol/lacks' line between being easily triggered over nothing and deliberately destroying threads cause jannies don't do it is becoming more blurry everyday

I cannot trust anyone anymore on this board. Everyone is either some rebbitard who wants to feed you his shitty commie bullshit or some poltard who just goes here to set up another colony.

And then all these newfags who complain about "issues" like using bad words that hurt their feefees :( Jesus Christ, remember where you are. Maybe we really need a /hum/.

Ban non-whites

First week was nothing like that

Agreed.

Hey fuck off, I know what you're trying to do
>Who killed JFK thread
>user posts information about the possibility it was the Israelis
>go back to /pol/ wit da j000s!!1!!