I was on a forum recently talking about WW1 and some Hungarian guy was really...

I was on a forum recently talking about WW1 and some Hungarian guy was really, really butthurt about the Treaty of Trianon and ranting about how he wishes the Germans had destroyed France. Give me a quick rundown. How unfair was this arrangement? Do most people in Hungary STILL care about it like that guy or is it just a fringe thing that most people don't care about?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Trianon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was unfair.

However they only have themselves to blame since during the Austro-Hungarian Empire, whilst yelling at the Habsburgs for MUH SOVEREIGNITY, they were in turn telling minorities within the "Hungarian" lands of the Empire that they weren't whatever they are and told them they had fake nations and they were Magyar.

Hungary needed to lose some land and were hypocrites in demanding independence while still ruling over Croats, Slovaks, etc., but got stripped of too much. Their 1941 borders are actually fine and Horthy was probably the least evil of the Axis leaders.

>I was on a forum recently talking about WW1 and some Hungarian guy was really, really butthurt about the Treaty of Trianon and ranting about how he wishes the Germans had destroyed France. Give me a quick rundown. How unfair was this arrangement? Do most people in Hungary STILL care about it like that guy or is it just a fringe thing that most people don't care about?

The thing you need to understand about the Balkans OP is that they're not people. Not being /pol/ here, but not 'human' in the sense that we think of other humans.

It's hard to put my finger on it actually, but all Balkan men have a condition of perpetual butthurt. At life, at history, at their neighbors, at other people. Someone who is always angry cannot become great and this infuriates them. To be great you need discipline, you need focus, you need a calm temperament. You can be obnoxious and cherry-pick examples like
>T-Tesla!
Tesla himself ended up penniless and having sexual relations with a pidgeon. His enormous autism suppressed his Balkanite genes for as long as they could but eventually he lost and became a pidgeonfucker.

For the few moments of their history where they finally manage to suppress their Balkanoid genes, they then had massive empires knocking upon their doors. Romans, Greeks, Austrians Turks etc etc.
And you know what- I'd be pretty fucking butthurt 24/7 if I was them too.

Hungary isn't in the Balkans.

Same shit

what are you even talking about your dumb amerifat, take a look at a map

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Trianon treaty.

The whole idea was to prevent another balkan problem to happen in the heart of central europe.

Hungary was under foreign authority for so long they didn't deserve that land anyway. betas can't rule over others.

The only thing pre-Trianon Hungary had were the beautiful geographic borders.
One look at an ethnic map of the Austria-Hungary Empire and you will start to see why the treaty of Trianon was a good thing for everybody.
Of course there will be butthurt Hungarians because they lost 2/3 of their former country and things like that are hard to swallow even for people that are not that patriotic.
Regarding the Hungarian people in Romania, they are too for away from their mother-land and checking today's ethical map of Romania it looks like they will be separated from Hungary for a long time to come. It just so happens that history sided with Romania in regards to Transylvania.

even according to this bullshit map, the borders were not drawn according to ethnic lines

its just so happen roma(nians) cannot even lie properly

agreed im a hun an even though fucking slovakians and romanians don't deserve an inch of our land the 1941 borders were the most fair.

They may not have been drawn to 100% perfection, but it's better that the abomination that was Hungary pre-Trianon.

>not 100% perfection
>1/3 of the population is suddenly abroad

thats called 100% bullshit

I like how you don't think about the 2.8 M. Romanians, 1.7M Slovaks, 500K Serbs, 330K Ruthenians, 1.6M Croatians and the 217K Austrians, a total of 7.1M people that were reunited with their home land but instead you focus on the 3.2M Hungarians that were suddenly outside their country.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Trianon
>inb4: trusting wikipedia hurr durr.

Hungarians were faggots that tried for centuries to erase the minorities they ruled from existance and turn them hungarian

Obviously this didn't work as noone was going to fucking start using their mongolian language at home

Trianon didn't go far enough

I've always been disappointed by the fact that Hungarians settled in the Pannonian basin. They should've stayed in whatever steppe they came from. This applies to most of the great migrations to be honest.

most Hu*****ans haven't migrated from anywhere

The most unjust part of it was where they gave some land to Austria.
It was clear divide&conquer tactic to make them slightly butthurt over this contested land with their old buddies.

All history-interested nationalists are butthurt about atleast 1 thing but everyone else dont really give a shit

>sexual relations with a pigeon
Source: your ass.

He was weird and messed-up as it is, no need to torpedo your credibility by making up bullshit.

AUTISM

Interestingly, there was and still is lots of butthurt over Trianon but almost zero butthurt over Saint-Germain. Even back then the restoration of the empire was desired by barely anyone in Austria and Habsburgs were banned from entering the country.

>they were in turn telling minorities within the "Hungarian" lands of the Empire that they weren't whatever they are and told them they had fake nations and they were Magyar
These lands were Hungarian for 1200 or so years mate. Most of them were Hungarians who moved to the region and learnt to speak the local language (since in the middle ages every region had its own language).

The utter hypocrisy of the French to tear apart Hungary, and put them into fake countries like Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia, ethnicities that had nothing in common and had never been together in history, led to genocides, ethnic cleansings and political instability. Not least of all for the Hungarians themselves.

Oh, and the French wiped out all the local cultures and replaced them with French. What happened to the Bretons? Picards? Basques? Etc.

The "justification" (really just an excuse to reward their allies who fought crappily then surrendered) was "ethnic self determination", but Hungarian-majority regions like Vojvodina and North Transylvania were given away too; and the Saxon majority in Banat tried to establish a self-determined country that would represent all ethnicities, and was recognized by Hungary, but invaded by Serbia and romania just to grab land.

The whole purpose was nothing more than to dismantle a German ally and set up several French allies in the region. Now france isn't even a major power, all of the region is poor as dirt, and everyone hates eachother. What was it all for? 1200 years of culture and development and stability in central and eastern Europe washed down the drain for France's petty short-term goals.

So, anyways, in conclusion, don't spout moronic french propaganda here. It won't fly.

>Hungary was under foreign authority for so long they didn't deserve that land anyway. betas can't rule over others.
No they weren't. They had their own parliament and everything. The two countries were in a personal union. Why do total morons like you even come here? Just to lower the average IQ?

Hungarians even beat the Austrians in a war, but the Austrians called in their Russian allies to bail them out.

>One look at an ethnic map of the Austria-Hungary Empire and you will start to see why the treaty of Trianon was a good thing for everybody.
>he says as he posts a fake map
Uh huh

Note: most of the major cities in regions given away to french satellites had a Hungarian majority. Only the sparse countryside had a lot of non-Hungarians.

This is a Hungarian map and you say the one that I was using is fake?
Oh, please you make me laugh.

I wonder who made this map.

I dated a hungarian girl once and she was pissed as fuck about Transylvania. Never mentioned Trianon specifically though. Only her hatred of the Romanians

This, I'm not Hungarian but I'm so happy the French ate getting their just deserts nowadays by getting shot and bombed and raped by muslims. If nothing, sandniggers are good at enacting karmic justices for historic misdeeds they aren't even aware of.

Sorry pal, but it looks like our little "migration" has turned into a CONQUEST

Pony-fucking mongols btfo

What you all forget that the Over 50% of the people were Hungarian in the country, without the Croatian part (They had autonomy) was even greater, when you look at the ethnic maps you forget that every city had Hungarian or Saxon majority, only the wast countryside had Romanian majority. So the ethnic maps don't give you the full picture.

Anyways, the only people we can blame for what happened are us (Hungarians). We didn't forcefully assimilate our minorities like the french or the spanish did, we gave them rights. And after WW1 it was in the interest of the French to give them as much and as possible.

Should've done what the French did. Sadly we didn't.

Transylvania was always Romanian.

t. Tibi Kovács

>What you all forget that the Over 50% of the people were Hungarian in the country.

China annexes all of Europe but it is ok because more than 50% of the population is Chinese.

Wtf is that logic?

>we are responsible for what some politicians decided a hundred years ago

yes
enjoy your suicide bombers