Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Any time

Cuba 1490's.

Central Asia, early 1200s

China, early 1900s

Subsahara Africa any point in time

Objectively eastern Europe in the early 1920s. 80% of Soviet men born in 1923 were dead by the middle of 1945. I don't have the numbers for Poland, but they were proportionally worse off than the USSR in WW2 (20% of the population dead) so it was probably similar.

eurasia in the 1200s

America late 1990s, too many cucks and liberal sjws to deal with

Everybody I've met that was born in the late 70's has been pretty fucked up, but it's by no means one of the worst times in history

Greece/ Byzantium during the 15th century. The end of the 1000 year empire and you lose to t*rks. Bad times.

You are a male born in 1997 in the American midwest

Sweden
1990s

Today

*subsaharan africa during 1870-1914
FTFY

I was gonna post that OP.

No other war quite compares in the suffering of it's combatants

Latin America, 1500's (implying you get to born as an indigenous)

2004 Sweden as a white female.
Just in time to be raped in 2017

Hella fuckin epic my man

One of those is true

Leningrad 1941

Do you mean in 2010?

this

It's alright, you won't really achieve a particularly high levels of consciousness before you starve to death.

Europe in the early 1300s. Black Plague and whatnot killing everyone in the 1340s.

Anywhere in Europe after 476. Actually, it started getting bad after 410.

75,000 years ago, humanity nearly went extinct without 3,000-10,000 breeding pairs. That was the worst event in human history, prove me wrong.

Hell, it might have wiped out the last remaining Homo erectus populations in Asia, and potentially dropped the Neanderthal population too, which explains why they were even more inbred than us. And that's saying something. Pic related, Homo sapiens the lanklet and based Neanderthal Man.

*with only

Where can I find out more about this event? How much do we know about it? Did it signigficantly change the gene pool of modern man (outside of sub species non-homo-sapiens as you mentioned)>

>the only period sub-Saharan Africa improved was the worse time to be born there

?
You'd likely be dead of natural causes/some other disease before the plague even hitm

He's talking about the Toba theory, if it is correct (I don't have enough knowledge of the issue to advise one way or another) then I am not sure there is enough genetic information from fossils to give you the info you are after.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory

Yucatan, 1520's

Came here to say this. This is objectively the worst thing our species ever suffered. But if we're going to limit it to the beginning of written history onward, I'd say being alive in German Samoa in 1918-19. The Spanish Flu was the deadliest epidemic in recorded history, and no place was hit harder. Nearly the entire population was infected. So many were incapacitated, the sick couldn't be cared for, and the graves couldn't be dug.

>humanity nearly went extinct
best time

If you happen to be one of the last people remaining in a heavily depopulated Constantinople in 1453, your fate would not be a happy one. If you survived the starvation, the constant bombardment, the final sack of the city, you would likely be torn from everything you knew and loved and scattered to some corner of the Ottoman empire. If you were lucky, you were one of the Greeks that got to live in Istanbul's Greek Quarter, but even then, you would see your beloved Hagia Sophia transformed into a Mosque. Many young Greeks after the fall of Constantinople converted to Islam. They were not forced to convert (the Ottomans didn't give a shit what religion their slaves and servants practiced); after the fall of a city that wholly embodied Orthodox Christianity, and the shattering of a superstition that the walls of Constantinople literally could not be pierced as they were divinely protected by Heaven, they felt that their religion was truly false. The remnant of Byzantium not only suffered the misery of war and conquest in 1453; they suffered a psychic pain, a sudden rending of a millennium of collective history and identity, that must've been truly soul shaking.

The 20th century actually blows my mind, especially compared to the comfy 21st century.
And yes being born in the early 20th century/ living through ww1/Spanish flu/ww2/decolonization/cold war would have been shit house. What a fucking century.

This gets me thinking. If you were blessed to live a hundred years, what would be the most eventful place and century up to this point? I'm thinking a Parisian born in 1880 would've pretty much seen it all. Early childhood memories of the Eiffel Tower being built, two world wars, inter-war Paris with its jazz and glitz (hopefully catch Josephine Baker performing once or twice), communists and anarchists, European leaders being assassinated, a constant, unceasing stream of foreign cultures passing through your city, and the final death of the French colonial empire upon your death in 1980.

>implying
The super amazingly awful 90s is mostly a meme by commie nostalgists and retards. The bad years were only a few and any kid actually getting born in those times is a lucky one because he got to live in a continuously improving surroundings.

>the comfy 21st century
It's only been 17 years and we do have "interesting" things, we just don't have a total war yet.

>no world war or massive conventional wars
>ebola was our Spanish flu
>international cooperation is at an unprecedented level so even the economic crash of 2008 was handed very well in comparison to the great depression
>more people than ever being taken out of poverty
>globalisation is actually pretty fun as you can explore the world with ease
>Internet and the golden age of memes
Tbqh if the 21st century continues like this then it may just make up for the shitstorm of the 20th. I honestly think that in 100 years time people will look at how we live now especially in the West with envy. But you are probably right, I'm sure we will face a number of problems namely the end of pax America and the return to a multipolar international community, climate change, and if a virus as deadly as Spanish flu can spread via our interconnected world of trade and travel a pandemic of unprecedented proportions. It's the comfy period just after state warfare but before space colonialism and ayyy war which will have shit tons of nukes and actual racial cleansing as we will not be able to say we are equal when squaring off against a space lizard that wants to glass our planet.