How much influence have Arabs had on Spanish /genetics/?

I know Arabic has had a large influence on the Spanish language, but Arabs and Mexicans seriously just look the same.
And tons of Mexicans have Arabic last names.
How much Arab background do you think the average Mexican has in comparison to their Amerindian ancestry?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Blood-Isles-Professor-Bryan-Sykes/dp/0593056523
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/20/dutch-invaders-stonehenge-ancient-britons
gradworks.umi.com/33/56/3356702.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LRGGKESYgjg
jstor.org/stable/j.ctt1btc5zt
searchworks.stanford.edu/view/11467160
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So you sayin dem spaniards be inventin al-jabr an shit yo?

bump for interest

Anytime you have an invading army, they immediately kill all the men, rape all the women, and completely change the entire demographic of the region with their rapebabies. If you think otherwise you're a cuckjewniggershill, and worse, a liberal.

> Anytime you have an invading army, they immediately kill all the men, rape all the women, and completely change the entire demographic of the region with their rapebabies.
If you stay in the region for centuries, on the other hand...

Erm. The Anglo-Saxons barely changed the genetics of Britain, the "Turks" barely changed the genetic landscape of Anatolia, and Egypt is also relatively unchanged from it's ancient populace.

How completely wrong you are...

Not him, but....
amazon.com/Blood-Isles-Professor-Bryan-Sykes/dp/0593056523
>tfw even the Celts had a minimal genetic impact on the British isles, and the overwhelming ancestry of the population comes from the pre-celtic peoples.
Outside of a few enclaves, Anglo-Saxon genetic impact is pretty small.

America is barely changed either. We're all Natives, we've just changed up linguistically now. The English settlers barely altered the genetics of America.

Thats an exception yank

It's also not an invading army creating a new population by raping the native women. A tiny minority of Americans have native ancestry, it's just millions of people moving in from all over the world and the immigrants outnumbering the natives by orders of magnitude.

>And tons of Mexicans have Arabic last names.
There's a sizeable Arabic and Middle east diaspora in Mexico.

Salma Hayek for example is half Lebanese.

I think there's a big diaspora of Arabs in Colombia as well. Shakira is half-Lebanese, too.

Probably more Berber or Arabized Berber than actual Arab influence. They say the Arabs didn't mingle as much with the population of the Maghreb even though they assimilated it to their culture.

not to mention most of the occupied territory became abandoned due to the massive population decline that European diseases caused

OP, no offense, but I don't see how you can think a Mexican looks anything close to an Arab.

This
I'm Arab/Middle Eastern and Mexicans speak Spanish to me all the time

90% of the America's was wiped out by disease. It's almost unheard of in the era of written records but I bet similar things have happened before WAY back in human history. Like 100,000 years back.

the genetic influence is minimal, we just look the same due to being mediterranean

G*rmany is an Anglo colony after all!

Outdated garbage.

theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/20/dutch-invaders-stonehenge-ancient-britons

Modern Britons have relatively shallow roots in the island and are very closely related to Germans/Danes/Dutch ever since the bronze age so whatever Anglo-Saxon contribution was like mixing water with water.

Minimal.

1. This isn't Veeky Forums.
2. None, since Arabs don't live anywhere near them.
The Arabic language entered the area, but not many Arabs. Arabs are a very small population of people, always have been.
Perhaps you mean if Berbers settled and colored Iberia a bit, and yes, they did.

t. Juan Alvarez (Jusuf Al-farisi)

>1. This isn't Veeky Forums.
Yes it is.

disproportionate amounts of Conversos and Moriscos settled in Latin America, and in the later centuries of the Spanish Empire, the migrants arriving in Cuba and Puerto Rico were disproportionately Andalusian.

Andalusians, for obvious historical reasons, have a lot of Berber ancestry.

>presence of Moriscos and Muslims in the Spanish Americas,
gradworks.umi.com/33/56/3356702.html

>Moriscos made it to South America and became instrumental in forming the gaucho culture of that area.
youtube.com/watch?v=LRGGKESYgjg

Forbidden Passages: Muslims and Moriscos in Colonial Spanish America

frequent royal decrees prohibited Moriscos or Iberian Muslims, many of whom had been forcibly baptized at the beginning of the sixteenth century, from settling in Spanish America. But these laws, like so many others during the period, faced uneven enforcement. The extensive legislation prohibiting Morisco emigration has led many historians to assume

jstor.org/stable/j.ctt1btc5zt

"De los Prohibidos": Muslims and Moriscos in Colonial Spanish America
Crescent over another horizon : Islam in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Latino USA

searchworks.stanford.edu/view/11467160

>Islam in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Latino USA
Wow its fucking nothing.Andalusians also have lower moorish ancestry than Galicians btw

>this isn't Veeky Forums
Yes it is, it clearly says so at the top of the screen.

My nigga finally someone gets it