There seems to be a lot of ignorance on this board about Islam

There seems to be a lot of ignorance on this board about Islam.

Some people don't even seem to realise that Prophet Jesus (pbuh) was a Muslim.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ATwP_FpYtI&list=PLomWEBPD3wwGbI4iPNsBbyYvzcABWN7Bf&index=91
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bush-god-told-me-to-invade-iraq-6262644.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No He wasn't
Go away

And behold, We said to the angels: “Bow down to Adam” and they bowed down. Not so Iblis (Satan): he refused and was haughty: he was of those who reject Faith. (2: 34)

It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels bow down to Adam, and they bowed down; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who bow down. (God) said: “What prevented thee from bowing down when I commanded thee?” He said: “I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay.” (God) said: “Get thee down from this: it is not for thee to be arrogant here: get out, for thou art of the meanest (of creatures).” (7: 11–13)

Behold! We said to the angels: “Prostrate unto Adam”: They prostrated except Iblis (Satan): He said, “Shall I prostrate to one whom Thou didst create from clay?” He said: “Seest Thou? This is the one whom Thou hast honoured above me! If Thou wilt but respite me to the Day of Judgment, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway – all but a few!” (17: 61–62)

Prophet Jesus (pbuh) was the second to last prophet of God and a devout Muslim.

you're being ignorant!

No He wasn't
He was pious Jew

I don't get this at all.

Jews that submitted to God and his teachings from the prophets are Muslims.

Prophet Adam (pbuh) was a Muslim, for example, despite his errors.

In this way, Romulus also was a muslim since he was very pious towards his highest god

Romulus is a myth, user.

Say that to my face, faggot.

Jesus is the son of God.

Islam is a cancer on this world that must be and will be violently eradicated.

Convert or die, infidel.

Muhammad's visit of an angel is a myth

Retcon: the religion

You post same bullshit thread every week. If you wanted legitimate answers you could've gotten them long ago. But you're just here to troll. Fuck off

The religion of Islam was both founded by and based around the "prophet" Mohammed
Therefor it is completely impossible for anyone to have been a muslim before the 6th century

What's your name and address? I'll pop round and we can have a friendly chat about it.

"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' (Psalm 82:6)

That's not true at all. This is the first time I have posted this thread.

Last week the threads were about how the Trinity doesn't make sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ATwP_FpYtI&list=PLomWEBPD3wwGbI4iPNsBbyYvzcABWN7Bf&index=91

Muslims essentially believe that Islam is the worship of the abrahamic god done properly.
This means that when Jesus was preaching the word of god, he was a muslim, since he was doing it right. Those who followed his teachings were also muslims (even if they called themselves christians. They were both).

Later people started getting things wrong and misunderstanding or corrupting the word of god, and therefore were no longer muslims. God had to basically send a prophet to be a refresher course on proper worship (every prophet was one of these, meaning every prophet was muslim), and did the whole muhammed thing. As a result in the modern day only the muslims are actual muslims (christians and jews have deviated too far, and refuse to follow the refresher course).

Now that we have the quran, which cannot be changed or misinterpreted, no more prophets are needed and everything will be perfect forever (which is why the Jehovah's Witnesses) aren't the new muslims.

Honestly it all seems a bit like revisionism to me, but there you go.

in this particular context the world muslim simply means "one who submits to god."

Why would the things of God be understandable to the children of satan?

Sahih International: And We did certainly give Moses the Torah and followed up after him with messengers. And We gave Jesus, the son of Mary, clear proofs and supported him with the Pure Spirit. But is it [not] that every time a messenger came to you, [O Children of Israel], with what your souls did not desire, you were arrogant? And a party [of messengers] you denied and another party you killed.

Wow, muslims are so cute and harmless
Do you have any kawaii anime pics of suicide bombings or infidel beheadings?

Nobody here cares about your batshit wewuzz theories, they're no better than niggers claiming ancient Egyptians. Your religion itself is an insult to a sane mind

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

I guess all jews and christians are muslims then

No, christians and jews are currently doing it wrong so they aren't muslims. Jesus was doing it right, but what he said has been misinterpreted or deliberately fucked with. The Quran is the guide on how to do it right given by god to mohammed, and since it doesn't change (unlike the often translated and adapted bible) only by following it are you submitting to god correctly.

Islam is a religion of peace, do you have any cute anime pics of Christian bombings?

>Be Mohamed;
>3 of your 4 close companions during your exile to Ethiopia convert or reconvert to Christianity(one of whom your own prophet says he saw in paradise, in white robes);
>Your own scribe calls you a dumbass and that he wrote everything down as he pleased, and reconverts to Christianity;

Tell me more.

>God had to basically send a prophet to be a refresher course on proper worship
Seeing how that worked out, you would think God would have sent a new prophet a long time ago, maybe Joseph Smith was the guy

Strange how no major Christian theologist that has existed since Christianity split from the worship of God (Islam) has claimed to understand the Trinity either.

>doing it right is stoning and whiping people for being homosexual, being atheist, converting to another religion, cheating etc.

All christians understand the trinity but some might understand it differently than others

Nigga I'm not a muslim. Personally I feel like "everyone was actually a muslim the whole time" is likely some kind of revisionist bullshit. Doesn't change the fact that Jews and Christians were, when they were doing it properly, muslims according to islam.

24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

>religion of peace
>islam
Good joke, Islam is the last (major)religion you can call peaceful

>Nigga I'm not a muslim
Stop defending Islam then

So no cute anime pics of Christian bombings then.

>Doesn't change the fact that Jews and Christians were, when they were doing it properly, muslims according to islam.
Not even ebionites were muslim, according to Islam.

Supposedly because the Quran is perfect and unchanging, prophets following mohammed are liars since the muslims are still doing everything right and don't need reminding how to do things. Seems a bit bullshit, but there you go.

>"Everyone else eventually started fucking it up even when they followed their special holy book and needed a reminder, but we can never start fucking it up because our special book is the specialest and holiest and bookest of them all. People with even specialer holier bookier books must be lying."

Then again that's basically the Christian and Jewish positions on the subject, so whatever floats their boat I guess.

You have to give an example of a bombing done in the name of christianity first

>jesus was a Muslim
>600 years before Muhammad was born

Oh really.

John 1:1 says that the Word (Jesus) was with God and was God.
In John 10:30 Jesus said that He and the Father are one.
In John 14:9 He said that anyone who has seen Him has seen the Father.
In Colossians 1:15 Paul wrote that Jesus is the (visible) image of the invisible God.
In Hebrews 1:3 Jesus is called the exact representation of God’s glory
In Hebrews 1:8 God Himself called Jesus God.
God’s Spirit is presumed to be one and the same with God just as your spirit is presumed to be one and the same with you. So if God and Jesus are one and the same, and God and His Spirit are one and the Same, then the three are one.

There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-6). Yet there are three persons presented as deity in Scripture: the Father (John 6:27; Colossians 1:3), the Son (John 1:1-3, 14; 8:24; 20:28-29; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12) and the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Samuel 23:2-3; 2 Corinthians 3:18). Lastly, these three are presented as distinct persons (John 8:16-18; Luke 11:1; 3:21-22; Galatians 4:6). Thus from Scripture we learn that although there is one God, there are three distinct persons who are deity. So the Trinity is the biblical position to hold to once one examines what Scripture teaches.

Again, why would the children of satan understand the things of God, when they require God's teachings?

They claim Adam and Eve were muslims. They're insane, inbred, vicious killers.

>Stop defending Islam then
I'm not, I'm not OP. I'm just saying what their actual beliefs are since a lot of people seem to be unaware, which makes this thread even more trash than it inevitably was going to be.

Quran has many changes, many variants, many abrogated suras, even satanic suras.

On top of that it's replete with scientific errors and blatant contradictions.

It's not what they claim it is.

Again, not true. Jews and Christians were "people of the book", and therefore not automatic targets of murder and atrocity at the beginning of Mohammad's public career.

Not towards the middle, or the end, where he revealed himself as a backstabbing psychotic murderer and pedophile.

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bush-god-told-me-to-invade-iraq-6262644.html

Easiest challenge ever.

>Not even ebionites were muslim, according to Islam.
Well they were a movement who went explicitly contrary to otherwise established Christian teachings. If the mainstream christianity was muslim at the time, the ebonites would by definition not be, since they'd have already stopped doing things right.

Jesus preached he was the son of God. A true muslim could not possibly make such a claim about himself.

News
Voices
Sports
Culture
Indy/Life
Tech
Daily Edition
NewsWorldAmericas
Bush: God told me to invade Iraq
President 'revealed reasons for war in private meeting'

Rupert Cornwell @IndyVoices Friday 7 October 2005 18:26 BST0 comments
Click to follow
The Independent US
President George Bush has claimed he was told by God to invade Iraq and attack Osama bin Laden's stronghold of Afghanistan as part of a divine mission to bring peace to the Middle East, security for Israel, and a state for the Palestinians.

These clearly are not God's goals.

op should be crucified for acting so retarded

Yeah that's probably the case.
I'm not sure how that contradicts my points. If I was starting up my new religion I wouldn't want to go around saying "hey, those guys are mostly like us but fucking it up a bit, kill them all".

user, not even OP, but none of that shows an understanding of the Trinity making sense.

The entire point of the Trinity is that it meets scripture but doesn't make sense, as per two thousand years of Christian thinkers who chalk it up to a "Holy Mystery".

Go ahead and look up some theology.

Mainstream christianity believed in all that jazz about Jesus they believed in today back them, according to chroniclers that opposed them.
And i picked the most muslim-compatible group i could find(and they still denied the virgin birth, believed in adoptionism, vegetarianism, a physical resurrection, etc.)

You're pointing holes in a religion that I don't personally follow or in all honestly actually like very much. I guess he was misquoted, or speaking metaphorically, idfk.

Which is what Mohammad's view was later in life. Kill the people of the book too.

>if i don't enjoin right

Maybe read it next time. It helps to have a modicum of reading comprehension.

Father is God.
Son is God.
Spirit is God.
There is One God.

>These clearly are not God's goals.

What makes you say that? Furthermore, why exactly does that matter? If it was done in the name of christianity then it's a good enough example/

>I'm surely not going to justify war based upon God. Understand that.
Read the article before you link it

I'm saying that either George Bush did not know who was talking to him from the heavenly arenas, or he lied about the entire episode to grant himself more surety.

When a man says God spoke to him, and then relays something that God would not say, including peace in the middle east and a Palestinian state, you can be sure the man should not be taken as a man of God.

If he heard a spectral voice telling him these things, he should have been wise enough to challenge the voice, and test it first.

Well I suppose you could argue that after a couple of decades they'd had the chance to start doing things properly and still weren't. Alternatively it's just basic balance of power- Christians in Europe killed people who were just the wrong type of christian once they felt they could get away with it. The shia and sunni did the same thing. Once they had the opportunity to fuck over people who were too different, they took it.

We are born of love; Love is our mother. Rumi

5:45 And We ordained for them therein a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth, and for wounds is legal retribution. But whoever gives [up his right as] charity, it is an expiation for him. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. (1 Corinthians 13:13)

But for communists killing their own, nobody has been more entrenched in killing Christians and Jews than Catholics. Catholics are not the wrong kind of Christians; they have nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity. And they're murderous. Maybe a hundred million murderous.

You forgot the part where the Son is NOT the Spirit and the Spirit is NOT the Father and the Father is NOT the Son and yet they are ALL God.

Just before you engage in some heresy which is against the teachings of your own religion please note that the Son is also ALL of God and the Spirit is the ENTIRETY of God and the Father is the WHOLE of God while at the same time they are NOT each other.

How many fucking times does Veeky Forums have to teach "Christians" about the basics of their own theology?

I don't see how it being against some of the things god has said means it wasn't done in his name. Islam has some passages saying not to blow people up too (of course it does have some passages saying it's totally okay as well, but then again so does the bible), but that doesn't mean that islamic terror attacks aren't done in the name of islam.

I'm not sure what your point is here. If it's that catholics and protestant are more similar than muslims and jews then I don't know what to say other than you're wrong. If it's something else then I really can't see it.

shall I go on about how Muhammad wasn't even referenced on coinage until years after his death and how all mosques before 720ad faced Petra not mecca

one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. (Ephesians 4:6)

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, Do not resist an evildoer. But if anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also; 40 and if anyone wants to sue you and take your coat, give your cloak as well; 41 and if anyone forces you to go one mile, go also the second mile. 42 Give to everyone who begs from you, and do not refuse anyone who wants to borrow from you.

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

>Works-based salvation
No

There's absolutely nothing wrong with suicide bombings and beheadings. Prove me wrong

I am a humanist to the very core and I say this without the slightest hint of irony that I would take great pleasure in dealing out brutalising deaths to every last muslim man woman and child on earth. Imagine cutting open the belly of one of these animals and tying it to a wodden post, then watching as the vile thing runs circles around it before collapsing. These scum are the greatest enemy of all humanity right now and nothing would bring me greater orgasmic pleasure than seeing all of them suffer for it.

>stoning and whiping people for being homosexual, being atheist, converting to another religion, cheating etc.

Are you implying that there is something bad about killing and whipping people who commit any of these actions?

>I am a humanist

Stopped reading there

>Quran has many changes, many variants, many abrogated suras, even satanic suras.
>On top of that it's replete with scientific errors and blatant contradictions.
Please elaborate

>there is nothing wrong with killing civilians unprovoked

>suicide bombings and beheadings = killing civilians unprovoked

Are you retarded?

>muslim suicide bombers
>not killing civilians unprovoked

Are you retarded?

Shit like this make me think /pol/tards are right.

Jesus never said that. Constantine added that fanfiction to christianity

islam was only founded 1300-ish
jesus was born before that
fuck off idiot
[spoiler] who the fuck even gives a shit about religion nowadays its all the same desert shit made up by the same jews [/spoiler]

>Constantine added that fanfiction to christianity
the tripfag constantine? sounds like something she would do tbqh

>the Trinity doesn't make sense!
>Mohammed riding a pegasus with a human face to heaven totally does though...

Muslims logic.
The Trinity has to be the biggest pleb filter of all time.

How are your fasts going?
The hardest part about fasting I find is the fact that I can't fap

there's a difference between something silly and something that is inherently logically inconsistent

>Constantine added that fanfiction to christianity
Ah yes, Constantine.
The eternal scapegoat of a ton of people for why reality doesn't resemble their fantasies regarding religion.
Let me share you a secret.
Constantine was kind of dumb in theological matters.
He didn't really understand what the whole minutae about "consubstantionalism" "homoousian" "subordonalism" meant.
He was there to make sure those squabling bishops agree on...something, and didnt take any part in the whole thing.
In fact, he even got converted later in life by the faction that LOST at Niceea.

How does anyone make him some evil mastermind that fundamentally altered Christianity to his own ends is beyond me.

>an animal that is bigger than a mule but smaller than a donkey yet able to place it's hooves at the furthest boundaries of it's gaze is logically consistent
No.

Let me guess, you are a non-literalist "Christian"?

Christianity was very similar to islam before constantine changed into a pagan religion with 3 gods to worship as the trinity

I didn't forget it at all. I know that God has more dimensions than we do. I know that He is One. And I know the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Don't forget that the things of God are not understood by the children of the devil.

You cannot teach a Christian anything but how ignorant you are of Christianity.

then you don't understand that when people say they are speaking for God, and are not 100% precisely correct and accurate, they are to be killed.

God said Jerusalem would be a trembling cup for the nations, a stumbling stone to world peace.

He would not then go tell W to do something contrary to His Word. He doesn't operate like that.

The devil does.

It's that catholics are murderous satan worshipers, and so not a sect of Christianity at all. Nor are muslims, another group of murderous human beings.