State Shinto was the greatest ideological disaster in the history of Japan

State Shinto was the greatest ideological disaster in the history of Japan.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitobashira
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this even up for argument, OP? I mean, it's like saying "Nazis are bad." Wait, I just remembered where I am.

Can someone aware me on what this is?

The fanatical religious cult the imperial Japanese used to control the population.

Was it sumos and samurais?

What's different between State Shinto and Roman religion pre-Christianity? No one hates the latter.

Shinto was originally very decentralized with no organized dogma. The Meiji government attempted to create one standard orthodox Shinto with the emperor as its central figure.

Roman religion pre-christanity was practiced by certain aristocratic families and people in the boonies for one, while Shintoism was practiced by everyone.

State Religion is always a recipe for catastrophe.

>attempt to enstate shintoism as the national religion
>drive all Buddhists out of the country and destroy their temples
>later realize no one really knows what shintoism is, or how to run a religion to begin with
>ask the Buddhists to come back because they're the experts in the field

It was a retarded idea to begin with.

It pisses me off when animes portray Shinto as this good lil boy religion that did nothing wrong.

Name five

Really?

Horror Anime love the shit aspects of Shinto. Such as Human Sacrifice like those live burials of little girls to build temples on.

I mean, Shinto itself isn't inherently bad, most of it is an actually rather poetic cult to nature and phenonema rather than to nations. The imperialistic transformation doesn't mean there isn't any substance to it in the first place.

>when you really like the design of the Rising Sun flag but feel morally incapable of using it since it has a horrendous genocidal connotation to it
Fucking nips ;_;

>Human Sacrifice like those live burials of little girls to build temples on.
Sauce?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitobashira

Not really unique to Japan there are similar practices all over the world, even western Europe

Would japan have been better off christian?

>shintophobes

Another shitty Veeky Forums thread.

We're talking about State Shinto, not traditional Shinto. Fuck off, you niperialist apologist.

Back to

Daily reminder that there is nothing wrong with totalitarianism and that utilizing religion to control the ignorant masses is a good and effective tool
t. Superfascist

A leader has an obligation to educate the masses instead of dumbing them down. Most modern democracies do not work that way, amigo.

Not him, and not superfascist. But
>Democracy
>Works
The fact that full public education can not emulate the genuine desire and love of learning renders this basis foolish. No one has a full comprehension of what's on the line anymore, due to scope and ignorance.

no it was based af, one of the few redeming qualities of that shithole

Like in, say, Rurouni Kenshin? Because it was thanks to Shinto that Anji stopped being a wimpy manlet and made his mad gains...

A lot better than pedoweebshit as state religion, that's for sure.