Tfw if I was born a century earlier I would have been 58 by the end of world war ii

>tfw if I was born a century earlier I would have been 58 by the end of world war ii
>probably would have been drafted into both world wars and ended as a lieutenant colonel as a logistics officer by 1945
>would have lived just long enough to see men landing on the moon then peacefully dying after buying my baby boomer grand son a mustang as a college graduation present paid in cash in full
just Veeky Forums thoughts

Other urls found in this thread:

downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/moreorless/moreorless_20141213-0600d.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=GQ1hNtR-xhg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liaison_aircraft
youtube.com/watch?v=54sSF5JS_HA
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK11007/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>probably would have been drafted into both world wars and ended as a lieutenant colonel as a logistics officer by 1945
You probably would have died

No I am good at soldiering I am an expert fall of duty player

He's American, so I wouldn't say that's too likely. American casualty rates could be quite notoriously low so long as you weren't thrown into their minimal disastrous operations.

>would have suffered terribly in WWI
>would have suffered terribly under the Spanish flu
>would have suffered terribly during the great depression
>would have suffered terribly during WWII
>would have suffered terribly slaving away to buy that fucking car
>would have suffered terribly when your grandson drove it into a tree and became part of the worst generation still alive today

Now I suffer terribly and slave away and can barely afford to buy a 2006 Honda civic

>tfw if I was born a hundred centuries earlier I would have been 58 by the end of the Battle of Val-ès-Dunes
>probably would have been drafted William the Conqueror and ended as faithful vassal by 1047
>would have lived just long enough to see the invasion and then peacefully dying after he becomes the first Norman King of England

>born a hundred centuries earlier I
you had one job...

>tfw you're diagnosed with stage four cancer when you're young just...because
>it was due to zero lifestyle choices or reasons of your own doing, you're just...sick
>if this was like 30 years earlier, you probably would have died within a few months maybe as short as a month from when you found out you were dying
>thanks to advancements in modern medicine and a bit of luck, you're life is saved
>it's ten years later and you're in a stable job and long term relationship with a nice car and a dog and great family and friends
>you think about the millenia that passed and the millions upon millions upon millions of souls simply born in different times and different places than you, who didn't survive whatever mystery illness befell them when they were young
>you think about this every single day
>and every single day you're thankful for the millions upon millions upon millions of souls who came before that helped lead to the development of procedures and knowledge that helped saved your life
>when you think about this history, every single day, the fact that there is any history to read at all, is a miracle
>life is a miracle, every single day

Welcome to capitalism

In Soviet Russia, everyone drove a Honda Civic!

>tfw if I was born a century and a half earlier, I could march alongside my ancestors as one of the University Greys

WHY DID YOU DO TO ME GOD?!

YOU LITERALLY PUT ME IN THE SHITTIEST TIME IN HISTORY

THE WHOLE WORLD'S TURNED UPSIDE DOWN AND NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE, IT'S AS IF WE'RE LIVING IN AN MDE WORLD PEACE SKIT OR SOMETHING

can you /leftycuck/s go one thread without proselytizing

jeez

>Now I suffer terribly and slave away and can barely afford to buy a 2006 Honda civic

You need to learn to manage your money.

I really hope we'll reach a future like this.

More like welcome to unregulated capitalism where a powerful few makes government dance like a puppet

> nobody survives cancer today

What did he mean by this?

>tfw if I was born in 1926 I could have kept her company in hiding

>ywn kiss her growing belly, marveling at her carrying the fruit of your love under her heart
>ywn playfully have a written argument with her over baby names to kill time during the day, passing each other scraps of paper with a name written on one side and your/her rebuttal on the other
>ywn make love passionately at night
>ywn feel the pressure from her incredible weight and huge round belly bearing down on you but have the indescribable pleasure of her tight pussy throbbing on you cock negate any discomfort
>ywn bust your extra thick load into your beautiful, nearly ready to burst Anne, filling your sweet love oven with your seed
>ywn look on smugly as she reaches over to grab a rag she uses to clean up your oozing jizz
>ywn notice her father looking at you approvingly, knowing that you are treating his daughter to the very best of the situation
>ywn be smuggled out of the Annex you have been trapped in for two years with Anne as her due date nears, being given the task of watching after her by her father, gifting you his bayonet, a prized leftover memento from the first war, to use to protect his daughter if all else fails
>ywn help Anne give birth in a Dutch farm turned safehouse deep in the countryside, forever sealing your bond with her
>ywn watch Anne hold the baby in hers arms for the first time, never wanting to let go
>ywn watch Anne breastfeed your child and her embarrassed, yet dotting expression at such intimacy
>ywn quietly watch Anne and the newborn sleep
>ywn all sneak outside one misty morning to stumble upon a lone Allied sharpshooter trundling down the road, acting as a skirmisher for the rest of the Army, and greet him with the sight of a smiling baby, as you have no other gift to offer him. But it nonetheless instantly puts him back in good spirits, knowing that despite a world consumed by slaughter, there is in fact still some humanity left in it.

Or you could've been gassed and turned into human snowflakes

I want Yui to raise my children!

>saved by the modern medicine so u live a couple extra decades
>eventually you die of old age
>death is permanent, death is forever

>born in 1926
>not joining the Army the moment you turn 18 to join the fight against Nazism and save Anne and all those like her from certain death
>expecting Americans to do all your fighting for you

Pathetic

I LOOOVE YOUUUUUU JESUUUUUUUUS-

but seriously this was fucking touching

It is, and I would absolutely fuck a nine month pregnant Anne Frank so hard and so many times that she'd go into labor, but that can wait. Every day the Third Reich draws breath adds thousands more like that poor girl to the body count. We can have the baby boom once the war is won, but until then, we've got work to do.

TL;DR Get off your ass and fight!

t. tradition in my family since the Civil War. Confederate ancestor avoided marrying his wife until after he was sent home as an invalid (lost most of his hand at Gettysburg) because he was afraid she'd be left a widow and that any children he had might become a distraction. Everyone in my family that has been in the military since then has waited until they left service to marry.

You woudln't have been drafted at age 54 you dumb cunt. You're a fucking moron.

>Tfw nothing in life to fight for
Dying for a grand cause alongside your brothers is the closest weve got to ultimate meaning. A shame ill never have that feel

Actually towards the end of WWII Germany was recruiting children and old men because all the adults of fighting age were already at war.

>tfw if I was born a century earlier I would have been 65 by the end of world war ii
>would have lived just long enough to see men landing on the moon then peacefully dying before my country was taken over by marxist jews who subverted my country and are now promoting the complete replacement of my people, my christian heritage.
>The idea that hitler should have won probably would have never even entered my head for a second because the replacement of whites in america was never even on the table

wow what a nice bluepill that would have been

Us army tends to recall officers iirc, the us army was massively downsized in between the two world wars so they definitely would have reactivated former experts methinks.

In light of this new infromation, I would like to retract my allegation that you are a fucking moron.

>ywn be the lagerkommandant at Auschwitz
>ywn spare Anne's life in return for sexual favours
>ywn creampie her tight cunny
>ywn accidentally get her pregnant
>ywn send her to the gas chambers to cover up all evidence of the abomination that had spawned from your degenerate lust

lel what movie did Willem Dafoe pay a nazi in? Must watch

>Born 1893 in a dirty industrial city in the north of England
>20yo at the outbreak of WWI

lol I would definately have been vapourised on the Somme. No escaping that.

Not-so-fun fact: One third of combat age males in France died during WW1.

Indeed, the fact that there's no cause that I feel is worthy enough to pledge my life and sword to has brought me a great deal of shame.

For a while, I entertained the thought that /pol/ was onto something and that Donald Trump and MAGA might've finally been the one (or at least close), but it seems to have sputtered out. The man's just repeating the same crap as his predecessors with a slightly different spin on it.

even unfunner fact

68% of males born in the soviet union in 1923 were dead by 1946, half of those deaths happened before the war even began.

Holy shit

>ywn be the Russian sniper who removes anonkommandant's brain from his head as punishment for his terrible crimes

Also, how many instances of German soldiers (SS in particular) having bastards with Jewish women are there? I read of one account of that happening post-war.

Holy shit no way.
lel

Yeah but they were commies so they're not even really people.

Not everyone in the USSR was a communist. Just like not everyone in the US is a dirty corporatist jew.

its discussed here, a couple of historians fact check a claim that 80% died and came up with these numbers and discuss why they were so high
downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/moreorless/moreorless_20141213-0600d.mp3

Males born in the Soviet Union in 1923: 3,400,000
Infant (0-1) mortality: 800,000
Childhood (1-18) mortality, famine, and terror: 800,000
Surviving to 1941: 1,800,000
Wartime mortality: 700,000
Surviving to 1946: 1,100,000

youtube.com/watch?v=GQ1hNtR-xhg

>not realizing the war is lost and including Anne in a prisoner exchange so you claim you did one good deed at your war crimes trial or at the very least ensuring your Aryan bloodline continues on through the child

Do you even think ahead bro?

Why would the allies trade an actual soldier for some dumb girl?

>what are the White Buses

>joining an army that uses civilian planes as military aircraft

wew lad

Become a merc and get paid to fight isis and save historic sites and ME minority QT3.14s

Really dude?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liaison_aircraft

I would except I don't know a damn word of Arabic or any other Middle Eastern language. Feel like I would be more of a burden than anything else.

Also, ISIS has CIA written all over them. If I'm gonna be going after anyone, it's their fucking handlers.

Done by neutral countries, and they only saved POW's of those same countries. They also didn't give any captured Germans back in exchange.

>unregulated capitalism
>bad thing
Pic related is you in the background on the left

How much money will it take to convince Livium to stop lurking and draw this greentext?

Just in time to serve valiantly in the Finno-Korean hyperwar.

>I would except I don't know a damn word of Arabic or any other Middle Eastern language
yeah such a shame these are magical alien languages that are impossible to learn

oh wait

>I had finished between 1:30 am and 2 am and was then left to find my section, the Battalion now being in position. Copse Trench where we were to be, I found empty but just before daylight found my Company and section behind the front line parapet in shell holes and short shallow temporary trenches. Some of the fellows were digging themselves little funk holes. I chanced to ask Lieutenant Wardill what time zero was. He told me 7:30 am much to my surprise, as we expected to it to be just before dawn.

>Our bombardment started at 3:30 am and the big guns were certainly off it, mostly dropping in our own wire. The Germans soon replied and gave us probably better than we received. They seemed to know precisely where we were, for that "old gun" or guns from Gommecourt searched for us in and behind that front line most methodically. They dropped all around the lip of our shell hole, but never got one in but the sections on each side of us suffered severely. I got the bacon and as I was making my breakfast it was smothered in muck.

>At around 7:15 am I looked to see what the section on the right had done and saw the trench filled up with Wardill standing up dead and partially burned. Then I saw the first wave going over, so we got into the front line and followed at 7:25 am. I found Captain Colley in the fron bay and asked him the correct time, he pulled out his watch but could scarcely hold it, so shattered were his nerves. The poor fellow followed us all the same and was killed before he got very far. Our parapet was literally swept by machine gun and sharpnel fire and a large proportion only got a few yards.

>Previously the German bombardment of four hours had proved very deadly with section being wiped out almost completely. I was among the first of the wave to get over and I noticed Devey, now thought missing, was ahead of me and apparently off his head, for with his rifle slung and thumbs in arm pits he was just shouting and swearing. Tommy Webster followed me. I stumbled several times in our barbed wire, and cursed freely, but probably these stumbles saved my life time after time.

>Ahead I saw the first wave badly attenuated now but forming a well-dressed line lying down as near as safely could to our barrage. So Webster and I took cover in a shell hole about 20 yards behind. When the barrage lifted and first wave went forward I closed up and joined them. I have a recollection of Webster grinning at me with his face covered with blood.

>The din of machine guns all round us was infernal but of the deadly missiles themselves I was quite unconscious and the idea of getting killed never struck me at all. In taking cover in that shell hole half way over I became aware of a terrible dry throat so resorted to my water bottle. On arriving at the German wire I found it quite untouched in front of me, but seeing what appeared to be an opening on the right about 40 yards away I made for that. There I found a series of shell holes and destroyed it half way across, but the other half was impenetrable. I found some A Company machine gunners here with their Lewis's and also a few bombers. There were eight of us in all.

>The Germans were right on top of their parapets behind their wire, which was so thick it almost his them. They even brought up a machine gun there to face us. We made good rifle practice for a time accounting for several of them till they took more careful cover. One of our group was killed. One shot through the face and he bolted straight back for our lines with blood streaming through a ghastly hole in his cheek. I dont think he ever got back.

>Another fellow was shot later through the hand and one in the afternoon wounded in the forearm. I was not long before the German machine gun was apparently knocked out by one of our shells for it never fired afterwards. We were subjected to showers of stick grenades but they got none actually in our hole. Soon after arriving here I had to have another swig at my water. Never have I experienced such a parched mouth and throat.

>After we got over the Germans placed a fearful barrage of fire on our 1st and 2nd line preventing anyone else getting to us, only an odd man or two of the 3rd and 4th waves reached us. I looked back and saw our trench bridges flying hundreds of feet in the air. The enemy all afternoon were sweeping No Man's Land as near up their own line as they dared with shrapnel getting our fellows lying out in the open and even some us lying right in their wire. I dug a short trench of a few feet out of the crater we were in, into their wire, and this made nice cover for my head and body if I sat down.

>At first I kept a good look out for an attack from behind, but presently spent most of the afternoon dozing. The other fellows wanted to beat a retreat before dark and actually started out to do so in spite of my persuasion, for they feared being bombed out at dusk. They soon thought better of it however. A sniper only a few yards away but unseen actually called out 'Sheffield's pass us some water' and he was shooting our wounded too.

>The star shells had been going up for about a quarter of an hour when I left and I was the last. I should have stopped longer still but I saw a form creeping through the wire towards me. It was in all probability a German. I might have shot him easily but refrained just on the chance it might be one of our fellows

>I made tracks darting from shell hole to shell hole. In the 180 yards back by a judicious use of craters I think I did the odd eighty in the open. By waiting for a star shell to just go out and a burst of shrapnel to pass over then making another dart for cover I got back untouched, Our front lines were full of wounded fellowd. I helped a couple into the sap in Mark Copse and bound up their wounds. I then made tracks for Staff Copse. There were some ghastly messes in Cateau, forms in the bottom of the trench and several times in feeling if they were alive, my hand would be plunged into a gory mess of flesh, once the neck of a headless trunk. I encountered loose limbs too.

>I could get no water that night except a few drops that I found in bottles lying about. I slept in the open in Staff Copse that night and had a good rest. The Docter seemed hard at work all the time with a continuous stream of wounded coming in.

>you die eventually so what does a couple of extra years with your family matter.
>you finish your meal eventually so what's the point in having desert.
>the films gonna end eventually so what does it matter if a guy leaves in the first 10 minutes.

fuck that shit every day is a little victory over death

>stage 4 cancer

>touching

Not THAT kind of touching

>ywn be born in early XX century Germany
>ywn become a gestapo officer and sent to Netherlands
>ywn shoot on sight some jewish chick and a freak with pregnancy fetish

If i was born a century earlier I would have probably died and If i didn't i would live all my life in communism

>ywn be born in early XX century United States
>ywn become an elite sharpshooter and paratrooper
>ywn be dropped into the Netherlands as part of Operation Market Garden
>ywn shoot Gestapoanon with your scope M1903 Springfield while he's preparing to execute an innocent pregnant girl

Medal of Honor Frontline was my favorite game back in the day too.

Reading this greentext is reminding me of how I would spend hours operating innawoods with Cpl. Barnes in Rough Landing listening to that Dutch choir lady's beautiful voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=54sSF5JS_HA

At least he can afford a 2006 Honda Civic under capitalism. Commies were lucky to get a 20-year-old Trabi after waiting longer than time since the car had been produced to get it.

>ywn bust your extra thick load into your beautiful, nearly ready to burst Anne, filling your sweet love oven with your seed
>extra thick

Don't you worry, anons. Soon we'll all be drafted to fight in World War III, and we're gonna make some Veeky Forums of our own.

saw the bayeux tapestry a day ago. It was far more impressive than I thought it would be and well worth the price of admission.

>tfw if I was born a century earlier I would have been a peasant until i died

>and can barely afford to buy a 2006 Honda civic

It's probably a better car than any shit you could've bought in the 50s. Saved yourself from huffing all that leaded gas while you're at it.

visited the somme yesterday
Source please

Posted this greentext in /co/'s Samurai Jack threads for lulz

>>/co/92865236
>>/co/92865334

Will report their reaction when they notice it

Yes, but you are also vaccinated against terrible diseases that ravaged humanity for centuries and don't have to worry about invading armies raping your family to death before your eyes.

You will not die of some elementary shit like a peptic ulcer or a broken leg.

It's not that bad, man.

Fuck

>>/co92865236
>>/co92865334

How are they taking it?

/co/ actually fucking likes it, they're already talking about putting a Samurai Jack spin on the Goku x Anne Frank fanfic.

Good God, I've created a monster.

>tfw you'll never save her in some sort of time machine

But would you pull a reverse Terminator by conceiving John Connor with her?

How would one go about it though?

Just pluck Anne out of the attic or the train? Or some excessively extravagant plan involving unnecessary acts of bravado to impress her?

Personally to satiate my hero fantasies , I'd opt for the latter. Maybe go back in time and offer a group of world-renowned warriors (the 300 Spartans, Samurai, Teutonic Order, Apache, Winged Hussars, Continental Army, VMI Cadets at New Market etc.) the honor to prove themselves deserving of the nobility, courage, and virtue they are associated with by attacking the train and saving a poor innocent child from certain death. The ultimate triumph of the ancient traditions of honor and chivalry the Third Reich so readily discarded over the cruelty of modern despotism.

>don't have to worry about invading armies raping your family to death before your eyes

An American born a hundred years ago didn't have to worry about that either.

>>>/gulag/

Actually learning foreign languages past the age of 7 can be extremely difficult, especially if the person is monolingual and the written script is unintelligible from your native language.

t. Did it myself. Took over a decade of intense studying to speak with any degree of competency and still have terrible written grammar.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK11007/

>Born 1896
>18 in 1914
>Hear the call to arms for the Empire
>join the Light horse Brigade
>bye mum
>train in Egypt, good fun, lots of prostitutes for my country virgin dick
>Mounted division gets deployed to Ottoman Syria
>Killed in the charge at Beersheba 1917
Didn't dog my mates tho

>The ultimate triumph of the ancient traditions of honor and chivalry the Third Reich so readily discarded over the cruelty of modern despotism.

I like the way you think user

MoH has such a great soundtrack

Indeed it was.

I liked genuinely tragic undertones of the Market Garden segments. It made the tragedy of its failure hit that much harder. Something Call of Duty didn't really grasp until Hans Zimmer started writing their soundtracks.

The great depression is overrated.
My grandpa lived through the era, and his life barely changed. Sure they had a little less money, but it wasn't that noticeable.

*Meant to say Indeed it did.

hey man don't fuck cars, i don't care how great your relationship is with them.

That's... Extremely creepy, yet beautifully written at the same time.

Wasn't this posted on imgur?

Quite a sad destiny tbqh.

Same desu

My family were educated professionals in California which wasn't hit nearly as badly as the East so we were unironically pretty /comfy/ during the Depression.

Somethin of an idiot this one

you could have enrolled in the army and fought in gulf war 1 and the Iraq war.

My gramps had eight houses at the beginning of the GD, and left it with one.

Still fairly rich though.