Why do you guys hate Protestantism? I see nothing wrong with it, it lead to a more educated and secular world...

Why do you guys hate Protestantism? I see nothing wrong with it, it lead to a more educated and secular world. No man is in between God and I. The Pope is just as close to God as I am. What's wrong with this?

Classical Lutheranism is alright despite it and all Protestant liturgies being boring compared to apostolic ones. It was the first reformation of the church and the earlier Hussites largely joined it or adopted its tenets.
Later sects are increasingly divergent from medieval Christianity.

>Why do you guys hate Protestantism?

Because is heresy and retardism? Because you divide christianity with your bullshit? Because you was the first step to the today progressive bullshit?

Educate yourself, faggot.

contrarianism

protestants are more correct than cath and orthodox fags

>Educate yourself, faggot
>Christians have been divided since the 1st century

Protestantism produced cancers like Mormons and Adventists

Only the Pope has the magic hoodoo to get you into Heaven. Everybody knows that.

Learn to greentext.

Because the pope lets me rape little boys and thats cool

Dont forget to pay for your six million dollar indulgence user.

Because they hate them because they actually follow their Holy Book and dont make up their own stuff.

And Mormons and JW etc arnt Protestants but cults. Mormonism is its own religion too

I think both were guilty of gluttonous indulgence but at least Orthodox don't to try completely usurp the original identity of the faith or culture.

Plenty of schisms sprang out of Catholic domains as well, probably a great deal of the early heresies and later with the Cathars leading up to the reformation. Not much of the same can be said to have occurred in exclusively eastern Christian regions though.
There were also proposals to bring Calvinism into the Orthodox Church back when it was relatively new, which shows that the initial reformation movements were respected.

kek

Ayy lmao my man.

checked

Unless Catholicism somehow destroyed all printing presses forever it was going to happen sooner or later

Wtf i love Protestantism and Germans now
Germans confirmed savior of Europe.
>btfo's eternal r*men who fell for Jewish tricks
>sacrifices half of their population to save Europe from Catholics
>undos evil Anglo magic and empire and communism from taking over Europe because retarded americans gave them lend lease and free money by sacrificing himself AGAIN
>Veeky Forums STILL thinks Germans are the bad guys
Delete this board mods Veeky Forums has been irreversibly BTFO'd

Don't mess with Texas!

wew lad

Wrong one friend

Protestants are delusional and incapable of understanding how important context is to much of the scripture they claim invalidates Catholic practices.

and catholicism produced marian worship and the cult of saints and papal autocracy at the expense conciliar traditions.

>>>/Rome/

I like it when they criticize Mormons.

Catholics are also heretics.

>im ok with corruption in the catholic church
>anyone who calls them out is a retard
Hmmmmmmm.

You're both idiots. Jesus never hated Jews or judism as a whole, just the curropt ones, who unfortunately, we're leading others to stray too.

They did their best, burned all the bibles they could, but in the end, God's people prevailed.

It's not context you add. It's your evil traditions. Your evil, pagan traditions that can clearly be traced back to Babylon.

Quote from a Polish nobleman on business in a Protestant town around the time the Polish king left to save Vienna from the Turks:

>All men of the Catholic faith were gladdened by our monarch's resolve, except the Lutherans and Calvinists, for they considered that war as their own; they beseeched God to give vitory to the Turks, saying it was to their advantage and siding with the oppressed Thokoly and all the Protestants.

> I was in Gdańsk [Danzig] at the time; and at all the church meetings they were praying to God for a Turkish victory. If they guessed from reading the newspapers that things were going well for Thokoly, that he had strangled a few Germans somewhere on a raid, forthwith they were triumphs, forthwith gratiarum actiones. "Och, Her Got! Och, liber Got!"

>They were selling pictures of Thokoly in full armor, on horseback; handbills were no sooner printed but they were sung at once by the sellers. Once, I'm walking along and one fellow is singing; I'd had a few quaffs, and I ask, What he is singing about that everyone listens so keenly? They said it was news of how Thokoly is winning out over the Emperor. The fellow singing, having heard me inquire, shows me the writing in German, "Ja, Pan [Sir], buy it, buy it!" I ask "How much?" He answers "A copper. [Groschen]" I gave it to him. A throng of peasants followed me to a tavern looking for some coin. I say to one slyboots "You'll have a zloty, my good lad, if you wipe your backside with this paper." The peasant with great relish drops down his pants and he rubbed his bare behind with those bills, then he tossed them into the [river] Motława.

>The Germans began to murmur, to grumble; I went off. The Catholics and those who watched the incident from the boats nearly burst their bellies laughing. However, when I was telling the Catholic townsmen, also some Dominican fathers and Jesuits, they told me: "Lucky for you, it didn't start an uproar, for Thokoly gets nearly divine veneration here."

(Thököly was a Lutheran rebel against the Habsburgs who threw in his lot with the Muslims)

More from the same source:

>I, having been advised to buy horses at a certain trader's in Nowe Ogrody (precincts in the direction of Oliwa), set out there late one Sunday afternoon when nearly everyone in Gdańsk goes out for a walk or a ride. On my way back from the trader's, it began to rain. The weather being fair when I left, I had not taken my cloak; so then, I stopped at an inn to wait out the rain. Those Sunday strollers were also running for shelter wherever they could find it, several of them slipped into the room where I was and sat down at some tables; they began to discourse about the war.

>I did not understand their discourse, no more than a few words here and there: later, however, the fellow I shall write about explained it to me (and there's a heavy downpour outside, water flowing in the gutters like rivers). Looking out the window, one of them says: "Ah, God grant there be streams of Catholic blood flowing in Vienna like that water." Another one says: "Our hope is in God." But one German - sitting apart from them - shrugs his shoulders, rolls his eyes to heaven, glances at me, saying nothing, only shaking his head.

>I see it but do not understand why he is doing it, nor do I understand the words the others had spoken, nor do I ask him, for I do not know the fellow and do not trust him. Until once again they speak of the king in these words: "But what did that stuffed swinge go there for? What business of his was it? May they both, king and emperor, hear the clank of shackles!"

Not him but nice non-argument

>it lead to a more educated and secular world.
Thing is, every protestant nation has become a fedora filled hellhole where the mainstream protestant church is an uber-liberal joke.
Even places like Ukraine, who were the "Bible Belt of the USSR" became the most atheist thing in Eastern Europe where the only remaining signicant christian presence is from the byzantine churches(orthodox or uniate)

>inb4 but catholics are xyz.
Irrelevant. I don't care about whatabboutism.
>inb4 fedoras gloating about protestants making people abandon religion;
I don't care. Sit down.

>Meanwhile, that one sitting apart from them could restrain himself no longer, he being a Catholic. He was German, though not from Gdańsk, from some Prussian town; a trade broker who had dealings with the merchants. He, addressing them in Polish not in German, so I would understand, utters these words: "I thought I was sitting among Christians, but I see I'm among pagans; I thought I was among men, but I see you are beasts; is it permitted to talk such crimes? May you be hanged!" And they seize their daggers; he had but a reed cane. One of them wanted either to smite him with the flat of his dagger or perhaps slash him; he parried with his cane; the other wounded him slightly. He calls out to me: "Your Honor, they're talking against the king!" I to sword, the Germans take to their heels, but twas a bother to run off toward Gdańsk after them.

>2017
>Believing that God is omnipotent

>Politics has anything to do with theology
>Protestant theology being defensible

Nah

No traditions were added that weren't there from the beginning.

You people don't know what the difference between "traditions" and Holy Tradition is.

Hint: Holy Tradition is from Christ and is why there is a Christianity at all.

Part 1/2

imo Protestantism is a bad theology which emphases the worst aspects of religion. The few redeeming features found in protestant ethos (an individual intuitiveness to discover things on your own, good senses of community) are instantly rendered useless their dogmas.

Protestantism eliminated asceticism and mysticism in favor of soft materialism combined with faith alone, which lead to the glorification of social work as the highest good. The only spirituality in Protestantism is prayer to Jesus. At least Catholicism still has the rosary which is a disciplined, directed meditation you can shut your door and pray in order to grow spiritually and achieve some sort of gnosis.

Scripture alone inevitably leads to ridiculousness such as Christian Zionism and Creationism because they esteem the words on parchments written in unequal vernaculars devoid of context. Catholicism openly maintains reverences for traditions, importance on convention and continued reliance on Church Fathers and various Saints theological works. Catholics admit "yes, we're a bunch of learned men who get together and agreed that X scripture is relevant to our theology for X reason and we believe the Holy Spirit guided us to this conclusion." Catholicism is thus a living body which can change if it needs to while adhering to forefathers. Protestants just chalk up their choice of scripture as being "God did it, done, no more questions allowed."

Sola Scirptura made all metaphor, symbolism and allegory become literal events which must be held to the dot. God MUST have made the world in 6 days. The physical ethnicity of Jews MUST be the chosen people. I'd imagine a protestant would think the leaven bread was physically poisoned by Pharisees too if Jesus hadn't said otherwise.

part 2/2

Historically speaking, Protestantism has never been "better" than Catholicism as an actor. Protestantism has always lead to fundamentalism and persecutions or religious apathy to the point of allowing it's own replacement in society by secularism and humanism. Does Catholicism have flawless track record? No. But at least Catholicism presented itself as a vanguard of order who's actions have been reasonable if not agreeable.

The various protestant sects are varied and incoherent. You have protestant sects which are built on a opposition to one of Christ's teaching (Anglicanism), sects which practice blatant charlatanism, sects which aren't Christian at all (Mormonism, Jehovah Witnesses) sects which are the tools of political entities (Evangelicalism, church of Sweden) sects which foster worthless antics like speaking in tongues and snake handling.

>The various protestant sects are varied and incoherent. You have protestant sects which are built on a opposition to one of Christ's teaching (Anglicanism), sects which practice blatant charlatanism, sects which aren't Christian at all (Mormonism, Jehovah Witnesses) sects which are the tools of political entities (Evangelicalism, church of Sweden) sects which foster worthless antics like speaking in tongues and snake handling.

You see a lot of the same thing reflected in the Catholic church, even the Roman alone.

>Protestantism
>more secular world

dude wut

>Jesus never hated Jews

>he doesn't know the pharisees wrote the Talmud and started modern Judaism

WEW FUCKING LAD

>Scripture alone inevitably leads to ridiculousness such as Christian Zionism and Creationism because they esteem the words on parchments written in unequal vernaculars devoid of context.

therefore its false?

>Sola Scirptura made all metaphor, symbolism and allegory become literal events which must be held to the dot.
>what is exegesis?

>>what is exegesis?
Exegesis is tradition.

Which the Protestants rejected at reformation and keep rejecting whatever caricature of it they build up at their continual splits every other week.

Seeing as your biggest issue is "progressivsm" you sound like a /pol/ack larping as a christian for its aesthetic value.

Protestants:
>the world was literally created 6,000 years ago like the bible says xD
>fucking bananas prove intelligent design cause they're ergonomic lol
>lesbians should be priests, homos should be allowed to marry in church. Jesus said don't judge so let's have butt orgies in the churchyard :D
Catholics:
>accept science
>do not put forth simplistic, retarded, analogical design arguments
>even the most progressive Pope in history doesn't condone bug chasers smearing jizzy sharts on God's institutions

Hmm....

What's the non-meme answer to be Catholic though?

E.g. I reject creationism, believe in evolution and the sciences, and am supportive of gay rights because of my fundamental belief in Christian love and compassion.

>Exegesis is tradition.
so you would then not dispute several theological issues such as the Sons of God concept, the divine council, the view of the fluid YHWHism? No. Tradition is honorable but it is also lethal.

>My version of the religion is right
>No, MY version of the religion is right
who do I belieb?

Read the bible with an open heart and the holy spirit will enter you and you will be born again

American YEC are a tiny minority of Protestants. Episcopals / Anglicans certainly don't believe any of that nonsense, and they're the biggest Proddie faction.

Sheer traditional loyalty to the church from which all the Protestant ones sprang.

ITT:
>Papists who can't argue properly and resort to the old attacking the player not the ball tactic. 'hurr proddies are stupid so protestantism is wrong'
>closet /pol/acks mad about church splits which have happened since the biginning of the Church (and which doesn't actually address what's wrong with protestantism)

The Roman Catholic Church is a great isntitution that was vital for the propogation of early Christian ideas and the compiling of The Holy Bible. It doesn't follow that whatever the Pope says in an official statement is true.

Why do Catholics worship the pope if idolatry is a sin?

Christianity in a whole is total bullcrap.
I admire the cultural enrichment it gave humanity. But the theology is just as shitty as any other religion.
Discard it into the toxic pile of fiction and deceit where it belongs

Why do protestants worship the KJV when idolatry is a sin?

To some extent, Papal infallibility is 20th century, not applicable to the Reformation.

Literally none of them do this, they all dedicate their love and adoration to God unlike Catholics who worship a shit ton of idols

Literally all of them do this, they all dedicate their undying love and servitude to some beady-eyed anglo's translation of a translation of the Bible, unlike Catholics who worship God.

>therefore its false?
Yes. Christian Zionism is an abomination which spits in the face of Jesus and young earth creationism is meaningless willful ignorance.

Great strawman my brother.

Our KJV

Who art in bookshelf

Inken be thy words

Thy Proddies come

Thy text be done

In tongues as it is in megachurches

Our Book of Sovereign James

Who art bound in leather

With iron gall are made thine words

On a press, by no quill of papist monk

Give us this day our daily division of pronouns between thy and you

And forgive us for considering douay-rheims

As we forgive the papists for denying henry his wife

And lead us not into the temptations of non-textus-receptus translations

But deliver us from vulgate

For yours are the cords and the vellum and the square set type of gutenberg, forever

Amen.