How many of you have moved your BTC off of coinbase for the potential hardfork and what wallet are you using?

How many of you have moved your BTC off of coinbase for the potential hardfork and what wallet are you using?

Is it even worth the effort?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@lukedashjr/why-nothing-will-happen-with-bitcoin-on-august-1st-93f49a1a930d
mapofcoins.com/bitcoin
blog.gatehub.net/post/159448330462/about-the-potential-bitcoin-fork
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Moved off BitStamp onto a paper wallet.
How is this an effort?

I have half in paper and the other half in fiat, waiting.

Same as these guys. I'm in paper wallet.

retard checking in. how does one actually move to a paper wallet

Post your private key and print out your post

Exodus works as well, any wallet giving you control of your private keys will work

Download your coins, print them, format your PC and run a Gutmanns pass.

so I'm kinda confused.
Should I buy BTC and store it then wait for the split to get both coins or do I put it all into fiat and wait for the dip?

Since BCC is trading for like $300-400+ a coin it seems like you're passing up free money.

I don't expect that price to hold, but point is it's worth a decent chunk of change

I think if you have BTC now, you want to keep it in your own wallet for the bitcoin cash fork (which is going to become an alt coin)

It has nothing to do with fiat desu

I keep hearing people talking about moving BTC to an online wallet for the fork.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the opposite of what one should do?

it's trading on viaBTC, a website that has backed bitcoin cash

once the fork happens and people from BTC have access to BCC, I'm not sure how much it's worth, I'd say maybe $2 at best

When a coin hardforks, the single chain goes into 2 different directions. However, all transactions up to that point are valid

Therefore, if you have money in your current wallet, you'll have money in BTC and BCC.

So you'll have the exact same amount of BTC and BCC once it hard forks

I know that but shouldn't I keep my BTC in a private offline wallet instead of an online one for the fork?

That's correct. It's why people are moving coins from coinbase / other places to their own "paper wallet"

medium.com/@lukedashjr/why-nothing-will-happen-with-bitcoin-on-august-1st-93f49a1a930d

I just read this and

mapofcoins.com/bitcoin

there's over 600+ forked versions of BTC

all this offline wallet stuff seems like a lot of effort

Will electrum work the same as a paper wallet?

I'm not sure, I thought electrum said they wouldn't have BCC but they let you keep your own private keys

If i have my private key of the online wallet i can recover my bcc or what?

There should be a way to get BCC with your private keys from electrum. You'll need to get a BCC wallet also I believe.

I dont understand this, so after it forks you will be left with the btc you had and the same amount in bcc, wheres the risk?, your getting free altcoins, i dont get it?

Why wouldn't you anyway? You get equivalent BCC for BTC if you move to a private wallet. ya dingus.

I moved it off Cuckbase via LTC because Cuckbase are faggots with a huge cucklog of BTC transactions that they're still struggling with. Took them 6+ hrs to move some BTC a few days ago.

In Bitstamp now.

same

the risk is that the value of the combined coins is less than BTC is worth now. In other words the risk is that BTC drops so low that even the fact that you got free coins doesnt make up for that dip.

i see, so if it drops like a brick its buy time as it should shoot up again at some point,r-right?

technically speaking if you could predict how low it will go then yes. otherwise it might take a while until BTC is back to its current value so you could be sitting on it a while until you can sell it with a profit again. but most likely it wont fall like a brick it will just dip a bit and that should be it, after that its probably gonna go up pretty soon.

but I mean noone can really tell how big BCC will be and how serious the market takes it. my general guess would be the more successfull BCC is the more BTC is gonna dip but at this point it is all speculation...

thanks for the info, im not looking for a quick profit anyway, hoping to buy as low as possible and hold atleast until the end of the year.

so i'm trying to install bitcoin core wallet so i can get my coins off of coinbase. what does pic related mean??? am i gonna make it??

it's downloading the blockchain it will take up about 100gb and take a few days. you should either download and install electrum ( the best and easiest quickest way ,you don't need to download the blockchain) or download the blockchain file from github so it's way quicker.

try different wallet?

yeah, i am installing electrum. trying to figure out what a seed is and whether i need to sweep a client with a private key?

Why offline wallet? Just because it cannot be stolen so easily?

wait what i tought the HARD FORK is not happening anymore wtf i lost ?

also how do i create a paper wallet , or well i understand how to create it , but do i move the money from an online wallet to a paper wallet and vice versa

i hope someone answers you because i would also like to know this. i don't know how to connect my paper to my computer. is there a special cable for this?

Is bitkey good for this?

delete system32
install gentoo

why does this question only get shitpost answers? are paper wallets a meme?

No goyim

Fucking search it on youtube.

Just take a picture of the paper with your webcam, dude.

hi guys I'm on Gemini and on a mac, should I just use electrum? I've only ever used online wallets before.

Mycelium, copay, and blockchain are all private online wallets that work just fine for hold your btc off exchanges. All 3 of these wallets allow ypu to control your own private key which is the only important thing during the fork

ITT people who havnt pre-emptively taken a web cam photo of their wallets for the hard fork.

I stopped logging into coinbase before they even required you to use your name lmao

How this shitty site is still a thing is beyond me

ok, so I have my btc in a paper wallet, shit forks, now I have for example 1 btc and 1 bcc. Do they have the same private key? if I sell 1 bcc do I still have my btc?

so how comfortable are you fucks giving BCC (alt coin) your BTC private key? They might just straight up steal your BTC because BCC "client" will NOT be made by bitcoin core devs

be careful

Agreed be careful, but it's simple enough to transfer your btc out to a new address before you import your private keys into a bcc wallet

It's still probably the easiest site for normies to buy and sell BTC. Interface is easy and it's fairly trustworthy.

>open bitcoin wallet
>go console
>dumpprivkey mybitcoinaddress
>print out key or tattoo it on ur forehead

congratz

i guess they mean not on an exchange and just any wallet you have complete control of

paper wallet/wallet on ur pc/etc all the same shit. most people on Veeky Forums if they arent retards are using paper wallets/offline wallet/usb wallet to store their holdings.

you want to move ur coins off the exchanges because nobody knows if they are going to let you get the BCC or not, although most should since they like money, but they also might have political reasons like coinbase does.

1) Go to bitaddress.org and download the html file.

2) Disconnect from the internet and boot into a live cd of linux tails

3) insert your flashdrive with bitaddress html file

4) generate your new bitcoin wallet and print it using a wired printer.

That's it. You have created a bitcoin address that has been completely shielded from the internet.

What is bit-coin even? It's not even real! Just turn off your computer lol

When you're playing with pyramid schemes it's good to know that your money is insured. But mostly it's personal preference, go ahead and use whatever russian exchanges you can find.

>Download winrar
>Zip btc wallet
>Open rar file in microsoft word
>Print whatever jibberish is in there
>Get it notarized
>Light your computer on fire

I have all my crypto in BTC, just got back from vacation.

Should I just USDT it?

Why should I move my $20 out of my BTC Wallet on Coinbase?

thank you for the only serious answer

Do i not get the BCC if i leave it on an exchange? Its on Bittrex right now

I like free money.

>mfw I can't xfer everything out of poloniex in time and they might not even give holders bcc

They said they weren't sure, but if the price is stable enough they'll allow people to get their bcc

>we'll give you your money if we feel like it

Well it's perfectly understandable why you as a business wouldn't want to backup whatever new but unsure coin comes on the market and the risk that poses

jewbase will keep BCC for themselves so that they can manipulate the markets with large volumes

Bitcoin might pump after Aug.1 Because the Big Block Cock Blocks will have their own chain to ruin, and core improvements can roll out fast

Yes, Bittrex have announced they will credit people with BCC on a 1:1 basis, not that it will be worth anything because it's a chink shitcoin.

Gatehub has stated that you will get both after the split, which I am happy about
blog.gatehub.net/post/159448330462/about-the-potential-bitcoin-fork

BTC 5000$ on Tuesday
Screencap this

Move everything off to hardware wallet, pc wallets, a little in jaxx, Exodus and some worthless alts on buttrex

Does the U.S. insure cryptocoins now? I thought the money had to be in an approved financial institution to be insured

leavin it on bittrex, its not much

I just use BitcoinCore hardware wallet. Anyone know if this is enough?