Should doctors be allowed to conscientious objection?

I'm a medical student in Australia I'm also a catholic. In Australia doctors are regally entitled to deny care when it conflicts with their values.

When I become a doctor I plan to deny birth control and abortion to any woman who requests it, because it conflicts with my Catholic moral values and it's my legal right to refuse.

Where do your responsibilities lie, with the patient or with your own interests? What if I found the bypass surgery you desperately needed against my moral code and thus deny you medical care?

>get shot by stray bullet
>get taken to hospital to be treated
>You say "Thank god for this"
>Doctor says "oh shit sorry, I don't treat theists because my conscience won't allow it"
>You say "thank god for laws that allow doctors to deny you treatment based on their conscience" and die like a faggot

>le committing murder and giving whore pills is analgous to life saving surgery

Simply ebin

If it's a private health clinic then sure

Yeah they should. They have right. But the medical structure must have at least another doctor who doesn't

>le dooming people to get their immortal souls devoured by Ammit because you weighted their hearts down by grafting a bypass is life saving surgery
Simply ebin

>medical care is only valid if I deem it morally just

I don't know in other countries, but here in Italy all medical staff directly involved in the abortive procedure are allowed to do coscientious objection.
Birth control on the other hand can't be denied, farmacists who doesn't sell the pill can be sued

"""humanities"""

Bioethics lies on a strange border

Why is abortion against your Christian values? The child would have grown up in a non-Christian household and would have gone to hell. Now that you prevented their birth, they get a free ticket to heaven.

Do you wan to send all those babies to hell?

Clearly he's worried that he will end up in Hell himself for murder.

Little does he know that God is an utilitarian who cares about the number of souls harve... saved, so by refusing to send the optimal number of people to Heaven he's really securing his place in Hell.

>whore pills

Amazes me that that on a history board people are so opposed to one of the greatest and most revolutionary inventions in the last century. Married people use oral contraceptives too. They're important if you value not having half a dozen kids you can't financially support.

I mean for fuck sakes. You can always ask for forgiveness after each abortion. Your doing this for the greater good. Think of all the souls you'd save if you set up an abortion clinic in Saudi Arabia.

plenty of people are still having 12 kids they can't support
it's like that movie idiocracy. it only stops the smart people from reproducing.

you canĀ“t be forced to make an abortion

Honestly so much people are ignorant of IUD's.

My main objection to this approach is the retardation surrounding catholic ""medicine"" and ectopic pregnancies. Apparently the only "moral" way to treat an ectopic pregnancy is to remove the entire fallopian tube, because clearly the great Jew in the sky will only be happy if the surgeon inflicts the maximum amount of trauma on a patient (especially when just taking a pill would have been an option in any other medical setting).

This aside, your fantasy about people coming to you and asking for abortions is literally never going to happen because you're not going to get training to perform abortions anyway (if these things work anything like it works here in the US). So have fun memorizing cranial nerves for the next four years or whatever and good luck with your shit bait thread.

>plenty of people are still having 12 kids they can't support
Yeah. Most of them believe abortion is a sin, pills are poison and condoms should be burned. Or even that it's their religious imperative to have as many children as physically possible.

As a doctor you take an oath to care for your patient and "apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required". By denying someone birth control you are denying them a medication that they need (whether for preventing pregnancy or it's numerous other uses) You said it yourself that abortion and birth control are "care." This goes for other treatments and medications, if someone has very painful arthritis and you believe god gave it to them to punish them, you can't just deny them pain medication, and you can't deny someone care based on their religion or lack there of. If that's your game, you shouldn't have become a doctor or health care professional. Your job is to help heal people, if you can't do that, gtfo.

doing gods work m8

Ultimately it is the doctor who is in possession of his skills, no one can force a doctor to perform. We don't force any laborers to labor, they agree to the terms and sell their labor. It is no different for a doctor. Even when their care could save a life. But OP is just talking abortions which are rarely ever about saving the life of the mother and more about a keeping a responsibility free lifestyle.

Good on you. I plan to become a soldier but I refuse to kill anyone since I'm a Christian and I'm against m killing.

>Should doctors be allowed to conscientious objection?
Yes.

Follow up question:
>should public hospitals employ objectors?
No. As they're public, they must serve all society.

>leftist spotted