Tfw to smart too write anything about my religion despite it being the 15th century

>tfw to smart too write anything about my religion despite it being the 15th century.
Seriously, what the hell went wrong?

The crusades.

DA GERMANS KEEPIN' ME DOWN MAINE

It's not uncommon for illiterate societies to denigrate writing and instead to laud the art of memory. the Druids shunned writing despite it being a fairly common technology among Celts because they believed that it weakened the memory to rely on written documents, presumably the Balts did likewise.

>because they believed that it weakened the memory to rely on written documents
Well they were actually right

Sure, but the downside is that when all your priests die, your religion is gone forever.

that's why you got to keep them fed and sheltered

what a scam

Pagan priests generally had real jobs as well, it's only in highly organized societies that you find full-time priests, and such societies invariably have writing.

Yet everything is well known about Baltic paganism, and it's traditions still remain

that's wrong, though
only the peasant side of it "survived" and even then all it amounts to is dancing around the bonfire, singing those two folk songs that were written during the Interwar and throwing currency into your local river
Romuva is also a glorified after-school activity
t. lithuanian

>t. lithuanian

i'm sorry

>Tfw when you're the only polytheistic religion to survive to modern day
>Tfw when your religion withstood the onslought of Islam and Chrisitanity
>Tfw when you're actually smart enough to write down the central tenets of your religion.

*major polytheistic religion

There are a tonne of polytheistic religions in niggerland, plus Shinto has 100 million+ followers.

Socrates is reported to have a similar viewpoint on writing.

Chinese traditional religions are going strong in China, actually.

there is no need to be smug, aryanfriend

we anti-abrahamists must unite against the foreskin gobbler

>do unto others as you wish to be done to yourself
What's wrong with blessing autistic people like yourself, if there is even a chance of redemption why not do it