Is there a government on this planet that is genuinely good at their job without in some significant way exploiting the...

Is there a government on this planet that is genuinely good at their job without in some significant way exploiting the weak and powerless (somewhere) to benefit their people (supporters)?

Is that even possible? Is all of humanity in a never ending cycle of shitting on the many to benefit the few?

It's called Swiss

It work because they are all rich

Arent they bankers? Isnt getting rich off misfortune what bankers do?

Define good.

As a poorfag raised in nyc I'd consider local nyc government good.

Dude, this is the natural order of a household of three or more people. What chance does a government have?

Government is not an attempt to help people that gets corrupted by an urge to dominate and exploit. It's an attempt to dominate and exploit that makes itself more bearable by helping people.

>Isnt getting rich off misfortune what bankers do?
No, its the opposite. Bankers get rich off of other people's fortunes and demand a cut for doing nothing except fronting money.

High standard of living, generally satisfied populace that is informed about their governments actions or at least ignorant of their actions out of their own willful disinterest.

Lol shut the fuck up
City government is notoriously fucking corrupt and incompetent
Its payroll is bloated by a bunch of useless niggers who can't do anything and don't know anything

Everyone bleeds for someone, such is the way of the world.

The key to "goodness" is to make folks feel comfortable while they are being bled.

...and you just described most of the western world.

War profiteering and tax evasion is generally viewed as exploitive

Yet things have been in a non stop state of improvement since the early 90s...

At this rate the only problem is that we will turn into Hong Kong where the average 300 square foot apartment costs two million dollars while the rest of us subhuman poors pay $2000/month to live in chicken wire coups...

>we need mo money fo dem trains

Thats the point

I'm not asking if there is a good government I'm asking if there is one th- you know what? Just read the OP, holy shit.

But the western world is entirely dependant on exploitation, but internal and external, so it doesn't fit OP's dreamy requirements.

New Zealand

Is there no other way?

>Is all of humanity in a never ending cycle of shitting on the many to benefit the few?
This doesn't matter as long as the many can still live comfortably.

they massivly profit from tax evasion, basically stealing money from other countries

t. capitalist apologist
But they fucked up the flag referendum

not unless if we can use the technology behind designer babies to create a new breed of humans who are better predisposed towards justice, truth, and virtue

They fuck over everyone else instead.

>and they kill us all off

Fuck you the flag is fine

>But they fucked up the flag referendum
True but the will of the people was respected in the end

I think humanity needs an underclass of some kind to function, whether that be slaves, exploited underclass or whatever. Everyone needs someone to feel superior to.

Hammurabi.

The entire purpose of government in general is to exploit the weak and powerless to accumulate wealth for its society.

The weak and powerless exist to be exploited.
SO 'Good' governments do this as muhc as possible.

Why can't you just try to answer the principal question without going off on a tangeant to call everyone a cunt?

I miss AoE so much. Can't find it anywhere.

I trust you're not that good with computers. Magnet link here >

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6c63eae7c1f7b2afdf08ed09d7233a229a754975&dn=Age+of+Empires+Gold+Edition&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

I'm quite illiterate in regards to computers, yes.

Arab oil monarchies. They literally don't have to do anything just pump oil from the ground and redistribute the profit to their citizens, so no need for exploitation.

Granted they tend to use borderline slave labor to complete vanity projects like skyscrapers and stadiums, but their slaves are all South-Asian immigrant workers, and you asked about exploiting their own people.

>you asked about exploiting their own people.
No, no i didnt.

Not him, but:
>Is there a government on this planet that is genuinely good at their job without in some significant way exploiting the weak and powerless (somewhere) to benefit their people (supporters)?
So, by "somewhere" you meant, "somewhere else"?

So it's okay to exploit your own people but not someone else's?

That might broaden our options a bit... I suppose many isolationist governments would qualify then, tending to only exploit internally.

Why not exploit your own people if there are no consequences to your actions?

Not him... But there are always consequences.

Generally it's safer to exploit an inferior nation abroad - which is why it's so popular (and why things like the IMF exist.)

>So, by "somewhere" you meant, "somewhere else"?
Yes, that. If you're willfully exploiting your own people to a degree that you have a noticeable effect on their quality of life I would categorize that as "bad" government. If you are crapping on someone else that's "good" government because you are not crapping on your people, not because crapping on others is great.

Notice I am not asking if there are "good" governments. I am asking if there are good governments that don't crap on anyone.

That last part is what I think a lot of you are missing. I understand the necessities of government and state conflicts, I am not asking why governments shit on other people to agrandize their own. I am simply asking if there is one that doesn't, directly or indirectly, exploit others to the benefit of their charge.

One that doesnt fit the pattern and is still "good" in so much as their peoples standard of living is high and the governments transparency reasonable abd social mobility either not worthwhile or fluid.

>Why not exploit your own people
Because per my arbitrary populist definition of good and bad that would fall under actions of bad government and therefore be irrelevant.

Are you really attributing local government with the economic prosperity of the last three decades? Fuck out of here with your bullshit.

Ordinarily I would agree with that logic but cities as large as New York can have their own economies somewhat independent of the nations.

To a degree where city government policies can counteract regional or national economic trends.

So, the opposite then? It's fine to crap on others but not your own people...

I'm confused as to why you bring up "somewhere" then - though that's the general nationalist view these days, at least. You can crap on other folks all you want so long as your people get the leg up.

That would bring us back to "most of the western world" as mentioned yonder - being, fairly content, and fairly willing to a blind eye as to why. That more or less describes the modus operandi of successful nations these days, some exploitation at home, but the worst offenses are kept abroad, in places that are pretty miserable anyways.

Someone's gotta bleed somewhere - not much way around that without both supplanting progress and subjecting everyone to uniform misery.

>Someone's gotta bleed somewhere

Why?

It's possible but I can't think of any since even if you're not exploiting your own people you easily end up exploiting people from the outside, ie. importing cheap wares to create goods the poor can enjoy, factories placed outside of the country while "proper" jobs are kept within the country, and so on.

Why not? The roots of nyc's current prosperity can be traced to the 90s with Giuliani going full police state. Deal with it.

For as the wise Phil Collins once said, there's not enough love to go around.

More to the point, the haves don't want to let go of what they have, the have nots want more than they can have, and what little the have nots have depends on the haves having what they have.

I mean, you see pipe dreams like "The Venus Project" (google it), and they ignore the fact that the industry required to build such dreamy utopias relies upon the unjust wealth concentration the current system represents. Indeed, for much of the population of the world to merely be fed, relies on that same wealth concentration and the industry and distribution networks it creates. In short, without this injustice, things might be fair, but only because death is the ultimate equalizer.

Even if you were to abandon the centralization, exploitation, and technological progress inherent to a actively trading civilizations, and just go full Ted Kaczynski luditism, letting those who fail to fend for themselves die off, and somehow magically preventing the rise of the process starting all over again... Then the species just gets wiped out by the next cosmic golf ball. (Probably along with the last chance for the story of life on Earth to survive its cradle at all.)

So the best you can hope for, meantime, is that the wealth concentration at the top keeps slowly disseminating technological improvements below, as at the moment, that's the only way forward. The alternative is to stop and die.

Not saying greed is good, mind ye, but alas, like so many evils, it is necessary.

New York was pretty prosperous before Giuliani's great grandad was born.

That's a pretty stupid post, I will leave it to you to figure out why.

Sfaik, New York has been one of the richest cities in the world since 1785 or so...

When Giuliani took the helm nyc was a post apocalyptic crime ridden shithole outside of the traditional islands of wealth in Manhattan.

Yeah but he was not the the main factor in its rejuvenation. He likes to inflate his own role in it because he's fucking irrelevant now.

As a person who grew up in the 90s and saw entire neighborhoods transform in the span of five years simply as the result of his more aggressive policing tactics I'd disagree, but keep on drinking the libertarian cool aid or whatever...

It's ridiculous to think that a system based around the destruction of others for the sake of a shared figment of a collective imagination is toted as the best possible system.

Can you really think of no other way to achieve prosperity aside from damning your momentary lessers?

Is this what intelligent life is? Some successful deviation predicating a bastardization of survival of the fittest?

Hive minds really are the way to go desu

Yeah, not without fundamental changes to the sort of creatures we are (like ), the motivations that drive us, and even just the fundamental needs we have. You do, sadly need a self-sustaining and self-creating system, that works with both the best and worst of human nature, and this is the one we evolved through various competing self-interests.

CRISPR's on the table now, so I suppose there's hope to escape the trap we've made for ourselves by making such fundamental changes... But it wouldn't be the first time an effort to create a new utopian world to break free of the old has gone horrifically wrong.