So I have a question. You know in the medieval times, when they would cut people's hands and geads off...

So I have a question. You know in the medieval times, when they would cut people's hands and geads off? Well what did they do with those parts after they cut them off? Keep them as souvenirs? Feed 'em to the dogs?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Stewart,_Earl_of_Atholl
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Niers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

whenever an army moved, sausage makers followed closely

What about people's pee-pees cuz I know people cut those off too, they can't make tasty sosijes out of those

BOIL EM MASH EM STICK EM IN THE STEW

The executioners probably threw them away at some big hole for similar shit, throw some dirt on it and then tomorrow do the same with the next hands.

Depends on, I can only give you an answer for the HRE. Mutilated body parts where often displayed or ceremonially destroyed. While especially blood and certain body parts from executed corpses where used for medicine and sold by the executioner, designated amputated body parts where seen as ritually unclean and the executioner was supposed to dispose them in the correct manner, either throwing them into a river, into fire or into the gallows.

Jesus, cutting peoples geads off is so barbaric!

true but mostly for the horses killed

pee-pees where not amputated often, and when then usually as part of a gruesome execution.

Most often it was the 3 fingers of the left hand for perjury, ears or nose for general criminal behavior and battery, eyes for assault, tongue for blasphemy and everything else was on special request.

For minor stuff youd get away with pillory or flogging out of the town.

>the left hand
right hand, sorry

Yeah see, I knew they wouldn't put pee-pees into sausage cuz those components are dirty

What's pillory, bro?

Aah, big thanks

I like how that guy down there is thinking over the bad choices he made that got him there.

Public shaming was apparently one of the most effective punishments at the time. Along with fines and admonitions it was one of the few non violent punishments available. forced labor came next and after that everything involves something with torture, amputation or just a hellhole of a jail.

The earl of Atholl who killed James the 2nd in 1437 had his joints dislocated using a crane and was dragged behind a horse through the town. On the second day they made an iron crown across the front of which the king of all traitors was written, it was then heated up till it was red white glowing hot and placed on his head. On the third day he was drawn, beheaded and quartered.

They stuck the head on the city gates with the crown still attached and the four parts of his body were sent around city market centers all over Scotland.

No Scottish king was ever assasinated again.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Stewart,_Earl_of_Atholl

Regicide always gets you special attention.

Peter Niers was serial killer and black magician, with 544 victims.

Peter Niers was tortured and executed over the course of three days in September 1581.On the first day, strips of flesh were torn from his body and heated oil was poured into his wounds. On the second day, his feet were smeared with heated oil and then held above glowing coal, thereby roasting him. On the third day, 16 September 1581, he was dragged to the place of execution and broken on the wheel; the wheel was slammed down upon him 42 times.[] Still alive, he was finally dismembered by quartering.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Niers

I appreciate your LOTR reference user

Read "A hangman's diary"
The guy who wrote it describes dissecting and selling body parts, as a bonus to his salary

Cutting off body parts was kind of a criminal registry system in that you could recognise a criminal from his missing ear or nose etc. So cutting off a penis wouldn't work because you couldn't see it. People whod lost ears or fingers or whatever in accidents could get court documents to prove they werent criminals.

Not head or hand or medieval but head or hand but when they caught the body snatchers Burke and Hare who had been killing people and selling them to anatomy schools part of the punishment was that Burke was to be publicly dissected after hanging. There are things made out of his skin like matchstick holders and an anatomy textbook bound in his skin.