What does Veeky Forums think of the Great War youtube channel?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Great War youtube channel?

its great

great channel, unironically

I really like it and would suck indy's dick unironically

I still remember him thinking Enver Pasha's surname is Pasha and calling him that.

It's a good channel tho, but I stopped watching it a while ago.

good channel. Indy is also pretty cool

>I still remember him thinking Enver Pasha's surname is Pasha

This must be why he doesn't cover the Middle Eastern Theater that much. Did he think the Three Pashas were brothers or something?

Horrible channel full of marketing.

Dunno, he probably thought it's a popular Turkish surname.

What marketing? You aren't being intentionally contrarian are you user?

>watch the armenian genocide episode
>pictures of dead turks from 1919 is used as if they are dead armenians in 1915
dropped

I wouldn't go that far, but I unironically think it's excellent.

I have seen literally no advertisements during the show.

-t, assblasted turk

The show comes off poorly scripted and poorly delivered. It bounces between dry fact and melodramatic interruptions about the horrors of war. The format of a week by week recap is also poor for understanding the wider themes emerging throughout the conflict as a whole.

Watching it side by side with The BBC's 20+ part series "The Great War" you can really see the shortcomings of the channel. The BBC's series better presents the wider historical implications of the events taking place, the grave seriousness of conflict for the men living through them and the emotional flair that accompanied it. Replete with video and primary source quotes organized in a chronological fashion while also devoting episodes to the transformations that occurred throughout the war like in labor and women's role in a modern society.

It neither gets lost in a banal recounting of events, or in long lamentations about the tragedy of it all. Most importantly, it doesn't spend the majority of its run time showing an actor reading off a prompt.

It's really fucking good

It's not perfect, all of 's points are valid, but as far as original youtube content goes it is head-and-shoulders above the rest. I enjoy it.

Unironically good

in other words, Indy gives you detailed unbiased facts while the BBC gives you a narrative

do you dislike it because you can't form opinions of your own and you need to be told what to think about information presented to you?

fucking marxist brainlet

Indy Nidel spiels off names and places from a prompt, the BBC series seamlessly works those same facts into its presentation, often with more primary quotes and always set to relevant footage from the time.

I prefer the BBC series because it's better produced, edited, has better narration and has less filler (nidel's tiresome jeremiads, retreading the same ground from episode to episode, like & subscribe, etc...)

Just starting watching it. Pretty legit.

I feel that trying to cover every week's events in a fixed 10 minute format is not working out too well.

He's trying at least

>The format of a week by week recap is also poor for understanding the wider themes emerging throughout the conflict as a whole.
But there are a hundred publications about the wider themes of the war.

I like Indy

Well, obviously the BBC has way more ressources at its disposal than some small time independent youtube show operating on a shoestring budget. The channel may have its flaws but personally I really admire the insane ambition that went into recounting the whole war weeky by week for several years (and still counting) on occasion of the centennial.

some good shit
He sure hates WWI officers tho

>This state funded production is better than a petreon funded one on youtube
shocking stuff

>The BBC's 20+ part series "The Great War"

>BBC

It's probably anti-german propaganda, as everything the Brits do is. That or them fellating themselves.

He looks and talks like he's a war journalist from the war.

t. Hayk Bogkevorkhovhossian

>BBC production with millions makes a better produced show

Really made me think.

Or them only citing armenian Sources
Completely skipping Enver pasha's
Diaries

Let alone they invited 2 armenians to teach them about what happend about a certain battle

The point is they present their videos really nice and interesting but their source are shit

I like the channel. I unironically bought the Rumble on the Isonzo poster because it was cool and because I wanted to support the channel because it gave me an interesting and easy to digest weekly video series on a war I would always meme away with lel trenchfoot

Very informative and the visual effects help a lot.

I used to watch it, but I got bored because every episode was the same shit.

On Veeky Forums? Don't be silly, user.

Much like every week on the actual western front was the same shit.

He is nothing compared to /ourboys/?

It's pretty good, though feels rushed. It's a novelty show, intended to take advantage of the "this happened THIS WEEK" aspect.
That being said, it's definitely entertaining and worth watching.

It's also a fucking youtube channel with basically no budget, ran by an actor and a bunch of other amateurs.

All of the 27 parts of the BBC series are on youtube as well.

(You)

It's not a youtube production by an amateur team tho

I feel like that's what they were to go for at first but then just decided to drop it.

Guess you can say there's Nothing New on the Western Front

Yes, it's so unfair that nobody ever asks the Nazi officers what THEY tough of the holocaust and their reasoning behind it.

Might as well be, considering their blatantly biased bullshit