What race did ancient Scythians and Sarmatians belonged to...

What race did ancient Scythians and Sarmatians belonged to? Do modern Ossetians or Ukrainians share same genetics or racial phenotypes with them? And how did it came that such a large and powerful people dissapeared almost without a trace?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/articles/ncomms14615
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarmatism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RACIALLY NEANDERTHALID, CULTURALLY TURANIAN.

they were white people, all the greek sources confirm this, the chinese

the central asian iranian peoples were invariably 'white', meaning europoid features and phenotype

And we can clearly see they were europoid if we look at Scythian art where they depicted themselves as such.

NEITHER "WHITE", NOR "EUROPID", ARE RACES.

Fuck off you annoying caps nigger.

shut up faggot, they are the ancient indo-european populations that are identified as 'european'-looking, ergo, white

It was Indo-European (And Iranian) so they'd be """""""""White""""""".

>Do modern Ossetians or Ukrainians share same genetics or racial phenotypes with them?
Yeah, an incredibly tiny amount.

>And how did it came that such a large and powerful people dissapeared almost without a trace?
Nomads are good at taking stuff. They're pretty shitty at holding things after they've taken them. Especially when other nomads come and beat you up, and migrating tribes settle and kick you off your/their land.

YOU SHOULD ABSTAIN FROM COMMENTING REGARDING THAT OF WHICH YOU ARE IGNORANT; YOU ARE MERELY DISGRACING YOURSELF.

>Especially when other nomads come and beat you up, and migrating tribes settle and kick you off your/their land.
It's quite understandable but still it's hard to get how did they lost their language and identity while migrating to other areas. At least they could've resettle somewhere.

nature.com/articles/ncomms14615

R1a

They were basically North/North-east Euroepans

You don't even have to look that far. Look at Uyghurs who are a mixed race population of Chinese, Turks, and Iranic Tocharians.

"R1a" IS A HAPLOGROUP, NOT A RACE...

WHY ARE YOU ALL ERRONEOUSLY ANSWERING A QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN ANSWERED IN THE SECOND POST OF THIS THREAD?

What do you mean by Turanian and what does Neanderthalid means in this case? There is no such race.

TURANIANS ARE THOSE PEOPLES THAT LEAD A NOMADIC AND PASTORAL LIFESTYLE.

THE NEANDERTHALID RACE IS ONE OF THE CURRENT THREE HUMAN RACES —THE OTHER TWO ARE ARYANID, AND CROMAGNID—; THE NEANDERTHALID RACE IS CONSTITUTED BY INDIVIDUALS WITH PREDOMINANTLY NEANDERTHALID GENETIC HERITAGE.

>TURANIANS ARE THOSE PEOPLES THAT LEAD A NOMADIC AND PASTORAL LIFESTYLE, [OR A DERIVED LIFESTYLE THAT PRESENTS TRACES OF NOMADISM, AND PASTORALISM].

The Tocharians got cucked into oblivion.

Do we have evidences that they share the same genotype with Scythians/Tocharians of that area?

Also Yaghnobi people who are associated with ancient Sogdians have similar phenotype too.

>PREDOMINANTLY NEANDERTHALID GENETIC HERITAGE
No one alive today has more than 4% Neanderthal admixture

they were white/aryan, like iranians and some modern europeans

>mfw the Iranians in Central Asia got TURK'd

EMPIRICAL DATA IS IRRELEVANT; WITHOUT GENETIC STUDIES, ONE CAN DISCERN AN INDIVIDUAL'S RACE BY ANALYZING PHYSICAL APPEARANCE, AND PERSONAL TRAITS; EXEMPLUM GRATIA: VIDELICET THE IMAGE ATTACHED TO THIS POST; I HAVE NOT PERFORMED ANY KIND OF GENETIC RESEARCH, OR TESTING, YET, I KNOW THAT THE INDIVIDUAL IN THAT IMAGE IS NEANDERTHALID.

?

So "sarmatian-speaking" Ossetians with G2a Y-DNA are confirmed to have nothing in common with Iranic nomads in terms of physical appearance.

I'm sure a comparison could be done between modern white Uyghurs, Tocharian skeletons, and the mummies from the region to find out, but I don't know that it has been done. Uyghurs are a mixed race population, however, and that has been proven with genetics testing.

And then the Turks got Mongol'd.

>proof of what is and what isn't doesn't matter
>trust me guys, I'm better than a genealogist

why did you just verbose-post verbal diarrhoea at me, friendo

was it autism?

THAT IS WHY YOU ARE EASILY DECEIVED —YOU ARE AWARE ONLY OF WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU, AND OF WHAT DATA DESCRIBES; YOU ARE BLIND.

Then anatolians got Turk'd so hard they started thinking they too were Turk

ukranians LUL

do the three races (neanderthalid, cromagnid, and aryanid) correspond to the three modes from your "work" the mutable, the fixed, and the cardinal respectively?

They live in the same territory so it's quite possible they assimilated some of their remaining population while migrating to this area

YES.

I can also say that you're easily deceived. You are willfully ignorant of facts and adhere to what you have been deceived to think what a Neanderthal looks like and what defines them. You look at the truth, but cannot see it, perhaps YOU are the one who is blind.

NO.

brilliant.

they didn't depict a shit, it was Greeks who made all Scythian art on their order

ITT : Beaner racial science

>this is what happens when your knowledge of anthropology is from Third Reich era textbooks

Scythians/Sarmatians didn't represent a single genetic type. Originally, they were indeed most similar to NE Europeans but over time they admixed with East Asian and Caucasus groups.
Tatars are mostly of Scythian stock but with a little bit of additional Turco-Mongol admixture on top.

Racially NE European, culturally Iranic

You mean varg nordcuck videos

They were probably assimilated into Slavs.
But if you're curious about larping en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarmatism

Nope. Slavic expansion happened centuries after Scythians had mostly gone extinct due to Turkic domination over them.
Russians and Ukrainians and especially Cossacks might have some Scythian blood in them but most of it is mediated through Turkic tribes they assimilated.