"""History""" channel

>"""History""" channel
>ancient aliens and Hitler all day everyday

What did they mean by this?

>Hitler all day

I wish, have you been watching the History Channel recently? It's Redneck Reality TV, it's American Pickers and Pawn Stars now. Like, they could've done ANYTHING on Memorial Day, but how did History Channel celebrate or remember? American Pickers.

He's probably thinking of AHC (American Heroes Channel) which is a military themed offshoot of the History Channel.

Seriously. At least when they were the "Hitler Channel", that was at least history. Now it's just trash.

>American heroes
>Hitler everyday

WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS?

I don't know man I still occasionally see some stuff about Nazi UFOs, Shambala, and Neuschwabenland in between episodes of Ancient Aliens.

Can someone explain to me how Pawn Stars and Mountain Men are history?

>Aliens
>Hitler

Am I in 2007? We rednecks now

WTF nigga u want some history come down to th gold n silver ..I give u blacked, meth, sewer shit nigga, u gonna see aliens n Sheeeeit we give u history nigga .. plus commercials nigga we giv u 32 min commercial in 30 min nigga

You could atleast argue Pawn Stars is history related because they deal with "historical" crap.

Pawn Stars is my guilty pleasure

>AHC (American Heroes Channel)
Everyone knows it stands for Adolf Hitler Channel.

I guess it just shows, yet again, that most Americans are historically illiterate.

>tfw you want a good legitimate history channel but you also like that show where the Louisiana billies kill alligators
shooOOot 'im LLizzz

Can any historians here confirm if ancient ayyliens smoked weed?

Pawn stars buy and sell history and mountain men work on mountains which took millions of years to form.
Checkmate Atheists.

Forged in Fire is bretty good.

HITLER WAS A CIA OPERATION

HE WAS AMERICAN HIS REAL NAME WAS ADAM HINTER

INSERTED INTO NSDAP TO ERADICATE JEWS (everyone knows that both the Zionist jews and the CIA date back thousand of years as rival organisations)

History's Mysteries was a great show.

It's almost as if it were a business of some sort that cater3d to what its audience displayed clear preferences for.

>Memorial Day
>6 hour marathon of American Pickers
>Episodes 1,2, and 4 of Vietnam in HD
>Back to American Pickers

A+E is simply producing and programming what a general television audience is willing to watch. As time goes on - with cord-cutting options becoming increasingly accessible - the share of idiots as the only people who actually purchase and view cable television is growing exponentially. This means that networks are now fighting to snag increasingly dumb audiences. Think about what kind of idiot would pay $100+ for programming they can mostly obtain for free on the internet, and then think about the kind of "history-centered" programming that would be easiest to get him/her to watch.