As a btc hodler the today upswing in price seems quite weird...

as a btc hodler the today upswing in price seems quite weird, why people think they will make "free" btc in case of fork . the value of btc+bcc will be less than the current btc value. smells like it will be no fork and all that was pure manipulation

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_currency#Single_world_currency
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fud about bcc takeover, people looking to hold bcc for a while as a life insurance in case of mining power moving to bcc.

Unless you bought them at $50 each how will you get rich? They need to go up $250 just to get 10% when a stc can double.

I believe the same thing that you said. I'm pretty sure some people are trying to manipulate the value in order for people to disregard the fork, if they are able to push the price up a few days before hand, they can make a decent profit off of all the idiots who are still buying BTC. Although I doubt this is organized, if anything, multiple people realize they can use this to their benefit.

everyone will a free BCC

Some exchanges wont give out free btcc after the fork so ppl wanto to have bitcoin in their wallet and not on an exchange.

So they buy and move the coins.

I'm a BTC holder as well who is very bullish long term and honestly that rise is retarded. If you look at the charts there is some clear big whales play here. I don't like that. It smells of a big fat dump

>the value of btc+bcc will be less than the current btc value
Nah, will probably be more. The block size debate is resolved. I don't think you realise how significant this is.

We have both segwit and a new fork with bigger blocks for those that want it. The stalemate is over. Bitcoin is now going to scale in two different ways, and as long as you keep both BTC and BCC you literally cannot lose out. The market will decide which is best and at least one of them will probably moon, maybe both.

Not to mention that whenever BTC does dip (as of recently), it seems somewhat different from previous dips where the quantities go down smoothly. I've been looking at the trades on GDAX, and whenever the price goes straight down, it suddenly stops and maintains a stable price for a while (as in a perfectly straight line, and it either drops more sharply from there, or rises all of a sudden. (I'm assuming that when it falls from one of those lines or stable prices I've mentioned, this means that whoever is trying to keep the prices from going all the way down failed, I noticed this a few times yesterday too, although it lasted longer)>

Sharp drops are when margin longs are getting liquidated when the whales are dumping big orders, when the chain reaction stops it stabilizes

Dump everything on the 31st. I don't think there'll be a fork, but it's a good moment to bank on it.

That would make more sense

cry some more faggot

Perhaps not dump but take the opportunity to get some cheap alt coins. Then when bitcoin dips, but more with fiat. Double win.

>Genius

I'm keeping my BTC on the exchange because that's what biz says not to do.

But biz also says to invest in crypto and bail on the stockmarket. You know what to do.

This is one of the most justified forks, a lot more so than Eth Classic, since it'll split to a different vision, not just a diffrent ledger.

The volatility around the coming split is a day traders dream, there will be winners and there will be losers.
That's basically it, people are buying in for a money making opportunity.

It's not a matter of people thinking they'll get free bitcoin, it's a matter of telling various exchanges to fuck off with their whole "you don't get your forked tokens if we're holding your BTC". Bitcoin prices are jumping because everyone is taking there shit and storing it in their own wallet, meaning there is less inside the exchanges, so the price is being pushed up.

What exactly happens after the split is up in the air, since we don't know how support will allocate itself among the two chains. It's entirely possible that both will be quite valuable, although it comes down to which network people want to use. Larger block size could mean lower transaction fees, but transaction fees are a major driver of a currency's price, so cheaper fees may drive the price down. Mining support will flock to whoever provides higher net gains, so we're looking at a probable death spiral for whichever chain ends up not being profitable to mine. If the profits even out, we're just looking at another altcoin.

Regardless of what happens, the best move right now is to get your BTC off the exchanges take advantage of the split, which means a higher price on what is being traded and lower volume, meaning more chances for market manipulation.

I don't understand that shit. Wasn't BIP91 approved and segwit activated? Why do we have a hard fork now?

Anyone can fork it any time they want. It doesn't mean the forked coin will succeed.

Miners are trying to grab power. Also some morons seem interested in "sticking with the original vision"

Ok guys. I have come to realize that this is just like the ETH-Bancor thing. Everyone wants BTC just to have free BCC because muh free moneys, just like Bancor with muh bottom wall. When BTC tops and you all realize that this is not a hard-fork and its just another shitcoin, BTC will crash hard with all the altcoins. Personally i will try to catch the bottom and i will buy a shitton of ETH in that moment.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_currency#Single_world_currency

BTC to 1M USD in 10 years.

This people are going from alt coins to btc what makes me really happy cuz there is a huge sell on everything
It's like black Friday on bettrix

This. I have 4 BTC on bittrex, because why not.