Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/2017/04/12/asia/taiwan-bans-eating-dog-and-cat-meat/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Taiwan_food_scandal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Should they?

I would guess by 2035 they will be united

this makes me cry

Post the one about France

If we observe history of China and how many times different Chinas reunited, I don't see why people doubt this will happen.

I don't think so.
>Taiwan bans eating dog and cat meat

edition.cnn.com/2017/04/12/asia/taiwan-bans-eating-dog-and-cat-meat/

It could be easier than expected. China's political system allows for diversity in governance (Cfr. Hong Kong, Macau, etc)

Maybe when China becomes ridiculously powerful while Taiwan remains static

If you ever want to trigger someone from Taiwan, tell them that they already are reunited.
Some Chinese students I have met here on exchange unironically think China and Taiwan are part of one another.
If you want to trigger the Chinese, tell them about the Vatican's diplomatic relations with the PRC in Taiwan.

I hope it would happen. If Germany reunited why can't Taiwan but I will admit it is becoming increasingly difficult.

A lot of Taiwanese do not identify with China but with their island. The 'diversity of governance' has been increasingly proven to be a farce in recent years. In fact, maybe it was a farce from the beginning considering the first HK CE reversed the late-British reforms and made LegCo less representative. Which isn't to say Brits were all good. They came up with the idea of functional constituencies, political seats given to industrialists and corporations and we all know how this can go very wrong. In recent years, we've had HK politicians asking China for a legup in elections, people getting kidnapped off the streets and bundled to China and threats against the media and activists all culminating in new legal powers which effectively allow the government to disqualify any lawmaker they don't like.

Taiwan is looking very closely at Hong Kong and China's promises of autonomy and based on what they see they are going to say 'No thanks' to an offer of One Country, Two Systems.

As an aside, OCTS has been proposed by other countries divided by Cold War politics. The East Germans proposed unifying Germany while it kept it's Communist system. Norks once suggested a Korean Confederation where it kept it's party state. You could say that in China we are seeing how these proposals could have worked out and based on how it's been working out (increasing calls for independence, frustration and anger) it can be compared to a struggling marriage. It's probably even worse in this case as at least South Korea and West Germany had some political cards to play with as they grew more powerful economically.

In China the situation is reversed. Sure HK is a major economic center but China is a growing economic, political and military power.

give em 100 years or so to figure out this whole "technology and industry" thing, like the UK did

But they both have technology and industry...?

I have also heard this. Usually expressed as 'Taiwan Provence' by young mainland people. Pretty lel.

Hopefully integration doesn't happen, because Taiwan is dope. But realistically, I give it 50years. Personally I think if push came to shove, Taiwan would be wise to plee for Japanese vassalige, that would be the best way to ensure independence from china....even if it could potentially spark a major conflict in the region.

Why would Taiwan ever want to give up their freedumbs.

anti-capitalist shitbags LEAVE

why do they need 100 years when they have the UK as an example of how not to do things?

>you need to be anti-capitalistic to care about the earth
ur dumb my d*de

When one of the "bros" holds hundreds of guns at his other "bros"'s head, this seems unlikely.

Your pic is fucking nightmarish but Chaohu lake and the copper mine have a certain aesthetic to them.

they really fucked any chance of Taiwan coming in under a one country two systems model when Beijing acted in violation of that towards HK

Maybe in 50 years lel.
Also probably more likely by force than by diplomacy.

Also Taiwan and China aren't that different from each other. Chinks are still Chinks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Taiwan_food_scandal

Chinas just seems worse because it's on a much larger scale

every taiwanese already knows beijing fucked over hong kong

Hong Kong's government got castrated. Fuck the PRC and fuck you you fucking gommie shill.

>100 years
hmm

Our environment will most likely be colossally fucked within 100 years. Human loving conditions in earth have about 60-70 years left before shit starts getting real bad.

why is he so smug?

He's the president of China when America is going through their Suez crisis

>Hong Kong's government got castrated
As a fucking colony, it always WAS a castrated government.

It's almost certain we'll be annexed by PRC in future judging by the degeneration and declination of my little island, thanks to DPP and anti-Chinese separatism.

Most of all, I also unironically hops CCP can speed up the process and stop faggot marriage because I really cannot stand the rampant degeneracy infesting here anymore.

t. Taiwan Chinese

*hope