Let's discuss the history of mankind's greatest achievement

Let's discuss the history of mankind's greatest achievement

Other urls found in this thread:

stopdrinkingalcohol.com/beer-hops-estrogen/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In the 1500s, the Protestant elites of Germany observed the feminizing effects of Hops in their populations. As a form of population control, the elites decided to implement a law that required all beer to be brewed from hops. To this day, most beer is still brewed from hops and there are numerous studies showing the clinical significance of the phytoestrogens found in Hops.

Germans were already fembois so i'm surprised they needed it.

Hops are used in some beers because of the taste. Nothing to do with MUH ELITES, and not all beer has hops in it, even today.

This is why overly hoppy memePAs are the worst (not gonna lie though some are p good)

This is why hefeweizens are the best beer Germans ever created

>hefeweizen
YEEEESSS
Also witbier in general, which I think hefeweizens are a subcategory of

Hops were never originally for taste, they were added in the brewing process for beer taken by sailors on long voyages. This made it take like shit (undesired) but made it last a very very long time (desired). Now hipsters use it because it tastes like shit, and since everything they like is shit, it fits.

source

Yo, beer is great and Imma let you finish, but cheese was a far more important invention.

So was this first made in Mesopotamia or Egypt?

>they were added in the brewing process for beer taken by sailors on long voyages.

Pure hogwash, they date from long before the voyages of discovery and they were widely used across northern Europe, including by village beerwives who never intended for their product to leave the village. And again if you're afraid of hops because you're a paranoid schizophrenic who thinks MUH ELITES are trying to feminize you, then buy beer that doesn't contain any.

Mike Rowe's show "How Booze Built America" is a good show.

The pre-Akkadian Sumerians had a form of proto beer that was closer to oatmeal, and was consumed as a way to safely hydrate

Elaborate if you would

According to the Ancient Encyclopedia, beer was first brewed in China (known as kui) in 7000 BCE but it's likely that the practice in Mesopotamia originated around 10,000 BCE.
It was unfiltered, and all of the detritus floated to the top, kind of like yerba mate, so it was drunk with a straw (probably contributed to drunkenness even though the brew was generally low ABV).

"The Sumerians had many different words for beer from `sikaru' to `dida' to `ebir' (which meant `beer mug') and regarded the drink as a gift from the gods to promote human happiness and well being. The original brewers were women, the priestesses of Ninkasi, and women brewed beer regularly in the home as part of their preparation of meals. Beer was made from bippar (twice-baked barley bread) which was then fermented and beer brewing was always associated with baking. The famous Alulu beer receipt from the city of Ur in 2050 BCE, however, shows that beer brewing had become commercialized by that time. The tablet acknowledges receipt of 5 Silas of `the best beer' from the brewer Alulu (five Silas being approximately four and a half litres)."

They also had 20 different varieties of beer and it was a pretty big trading commodity.

Pic is a nigga cracking open a cold one with the boys and getting his ass plowed

nvm just saw the tits

Huh, I see you're right. Stop bullying me m8 I never said anything about elites or estrogen. Why would people do this though, want to make beer bitter and shitty?

Cheese allows you to harvest milk and then store it for months. Even years. After evolving the ability to digest lactose, cheese was a quantum leap in food technology.

> THOTs doing keg stands and getting railed goes back millennia

True enough, as a form of tech it's pretty high up there.

And it's delicious both as an accompaniment to beer and with beer in the form of beer cheese.

thots always gonna be thots nigga

stopdrinkingalcohol.com/beer-hops-estrogen/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

Budweiser? (light)

What I really want to try: some brewers in the 16th C spiked their brews with nightshade, causing hallucinations.
As to great inventions: the Dutch mill usage was genius. In combination with the increasing efficiency of stills the gin business really took off around 1660. Dutch gin best gin

>tfw beta Veeky Forums serial posters will go out of their way to try and prove that beer is "feminizing"
>tfw these are probably the same people that call alcohol "the liquid jew"
>tfw these are probably the same people that call anything chads do "degenerate"

I am not trying to prove anything. It's already been proven. Hops, and numerous other plant-based foods, contain high levels of phytoestrogens which science has shown does in fact have a clinically significant effect on the humans that consume them. Furthermore, alcohol itself has a boatload of negative side effects too. Drink all the beer you want - but don't get mad at me for dropping truth bombs.

Are their foods which increase or stimulate the production of testosterone?