Why didn't the Romans just conquer all of Africa? Did they fear the black warrior?

Why didn't the Romans just conquer all of Africa? Did they fear the black warrior?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romans_in_Sub-Saharan_Africa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There was nothing else worth the effort.

I dunno OP, i don't know why someone wouldn't want to conquer a gigantic piece of desert land with no sights of fertility (asides from the nile, of course)

>Did they fear the black warrior?
Well, they took Egypt, so that can't be the case

Same reason the black warriors didnt conquer rome. Crossing a giant desert is a pain in the ass.

It is not like there is this massive natural barrier in Northern Africa that makes it a major pain in the ass to advance into the southern parts of the continent.

Sahara is a deathtrap before the 1500s.

because the black kingdoms were too strong for the romans, the legions couldn't deal with their black kemet majick consciousness

Nice one

There was no point.

The desert.

Fucking logistics man.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romans_in_Sub-Saharan_Africa

white bois fear tha kangz

What would have hapenned if the Romans crossed the desert and reached the south part of Africa? Would they have enslaved blacks a la colonialism? Srsly, imagining a roman congo is kind of surreal.

That far from Rome, trading is about all they would do. Which is in fact what they did when they reached sub-Saharan Africa. This is not a hypothetical.

The lack of human civilization would allow Romans to easily build small towns to trade with main Rome across the Sahara. The blacks would not be seen as people instead they would be described as literal monsters that live on the continent and romans would not hesitate to gore them alive if they get in their way.

>There'll never be a TV show about a group of Legionaries sent to explore the unknown lands of Africa

Feels bad man

Hopefully HBO or Netflix original with tall, bare chested Ethiopian women everywhere.

Huh what do you know, Paulinius was also part of one of the expeditions.

Wasn't there literally the exact same post with the exact same pic a while ago? I swear there was

Just picture it.
>Be serving with the Legion.
>You've seen charging hordes of barbarians
>You've seen teams of men fighting bears in the Colosseum
>You've seen the biggest, grandest displays of imperial power in the world
>You've never seen anything like this
>strong limbs
>impossibly dark skin
>legs for days
>and a buttocks so dark, plump, and big you...
>How would you put it? It's like...
>It's like the haunches of an ass
>You have to invent the slang term "ass" to properly describe it

They'd all die of malaria, Europeans don't have the adaptions that Africans do that makes them more resistant to malaria.

Quinine is the great tool that allowed Europeans to conquer Africa.

Bullshit. Malaria was well known to the Europeans of antiquity and the middle ages. The name Mal Aria is Medieval Italian for "Bad Air."

Reddit the post holy shit

fight me faggot

1. There's no point straying that far south when there were so many other enemies closer to home

2. The Sahara is a pain to cross

3. Saying they were scared of conquering Africa is like saying they were scared of conquering Ireland

Why didn't they conquer ireland? Did they fear the black warrior?

>a group of expeditions & explorations to Lake Chad
ree

Kek

It was known, and malaria absolutely decimated Europeans when it showed up.

This is a map of death rates to Malaria in England from 1840 to 1910.

This is England, which while wet, is considerably colder than Africa, and thus limits the mosquito season. There's some semblance of public sanitation, trained medical professionals, and decent nutrition.

Now put these people in Africa, where the mosquito season is year round, water isn't clean, healthcare isn't available, and sleeping in tents that provide no protection from mosquitoes.

>decimated Europeons
>death rate of .1% in the worst affected counties.
:/

In England, not Africa, after the discovery of sanitation.

The mortality rate for European explorers into Africa were above 80% due to a combination of Malaria and Yellow Fever.

So consider how impressive it is that they actually crossed it.

>banter farmers

I wouldn't go there either. Sounds like a bunch of madmen

implying that they could even conquer a slither of rome

t. Virgin

>The blacks would not be seen as people instead they would be described as literal monsters that live on the continent and romans would not hesitate to gore them alive if they get in their way.

you do know that romans met black people before right? Even the greeks wrote about people darker than egyptians like ethiopians.

the difference is that the blacks that lived in western and central africa were bantu farmers with no knowledge of civilization.

Bump

West Africans weren't bantu

Celts & Germanics knew nothing of civilization either and the Romans still gave them merits

They couldn't cross the Sahara. Was a death trap

Also logistically impossible to conduct campaigns over such a range

Course, this is just a crypto-/pol/beard thread...so why am I bothering

ethiopians are skinny, not big assed like anerican negros

Argicola wanted to but lacked the troops. Plus, it's cold as fuck and full of mountains, so not great for the Roman style of fighting. Britain was a drain on resources and it was developed compared to here.

Why is Dorset cut out of that map?

Niggers are niggers

>this is just a crypto-/pol/ board

fixd

>Celts & Germanics knew nothing of civilization

Germanics were not uncivilized they were just tribes that found that raiding Roman settlements was a an easier way to live than hunting and gathering.

The weak should fear the strong Romano boi

>Them wuz good boys dey dindu nuffin

And they build south Africa?

The Romans were concerned with conquering people. Not animals.

You could just use India as example instead of Africa for malaria alongside England. Bongs had terrible time in Benghal and died in droves to disease and alcoholism (they thought alcohol was healthy).

Was Rome at its peak more advanced than the Sub Saharian African civilizations at that time?

I remember that when American started resettling blacks in Liberia, all the whites that tagged along died almost immediately of yellow fever.

>The Irish are the blacks of Europe
>The Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland
>The Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin
>Say it once and say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud

Holy shit I had no idea this happened, thisnis cool as fuck

Anything to say on the rampant Malaria epidemics that Italians lived with for most of the middle ages?

Many of the blacks died as well, just not as quickly

They were centred around the city of Rome, how and why would they stretch out passed the Sahara dessert, what would be the benefits versus the costs?

>they've actually tried to find the source of the Nile too

The complete madmen

>West Africans weren't bantu

Bump

LUL

wow.. today... weird.. I actually learned something on Veeky Forums

You mean besides the immense amount of gold and diamonds?

You can't be this retarded

>Gold
Why not trade for it instead of decimating your own soldiers crossing a desert the sIze of the continental United States and infested with diseases?
>Diamonds
Worthless and too far south anyway

wow

they didnt. thwy lived in hits and decided yo pillage rather than spend life it un ting and gathering. Hell, even he admits thisof course, while being completely intellectually dishonest as if stealing from people rather than making your own wealth isn't their prime definition of "nigger" behavior.

>t. /pol/ tard with no knowledge of history.
just go back to your containment board already. You contribute nothing thay frustration about your avid stupidity on this board.

oh! Not him, but I know the answer. biology fag here. So you're aware if the sickle cell trait found more commonly in Africans(including north) correct? Here is,a brief explanation: just being a carrier of sickle cell anemia (sickle cell trait), rather than having the full vlown disease, gives one immunity again the malaria parasite plasmodium. Mediterrainians, as it turns out, also evolved to have this trait more often, along with Indians for obvious reasons. So yeah thay is their secret. Onviously, Africans and Indians carry more of the trait considering that heir countries have the more most mosquitos.www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3060623/#!po=16.6667

shit meant
they* huts* to*
damn phone.

No bc dey had spaceships n shiet befor da whiteyz came cuh

No way to traverse desert

underrated post

First muslims in west africa were in the 15th century, imposdible for mass migrations across the sahara only coordinated subsidized minority merchant caravan

goddamn

I did a fucking masters in classics and Veeky Forums keeps btfoing me with this shit.

Say it right! I'm glad that I'm white!

>it's cold
Not much more than Britain.

>full of mountains
Nigga what? It's a bit hilly and at the time was covered in forest but there's fuck all actual mountains.

Celts lived in well made houses and did not pillage to survive. They also where very advaced in metallurgy.

Massive desert and nothing but disease and shit flinging mandingo's

If tacitus isn't fucking around then no, germanics were primitive compare to Romans and greeks even the middle east was more civilized.
I mean they Weren't nigger tier but poor ass Farmer tier, like a modern day gangster society maybe

>Not much more than Britain.

Actually yes, much more so. Britain benefits from the Gulf Stream, in Roman times it was warm enough to grow grapes there.

Fear the black-. PFFSH BWAHA.

Not really, they had already defeated Egypt and Carthage.

I've literally seen this exact same thread although I think it had a different picture. Is this your life? Copy and pasting threads a couple weeks later so people will forget about it? What a sad existence.

It pays the bills. Someone has to keep up appearances that Veeky Forums is real so idiot companies keep buying ad space.

ethipians arent niggers they are more related to the white race

>poor ass Farmer tier

You know damn well you'd cross the street to avoid this guy at night

Does J List still advertise here? They were like Veeky Forums's ONLY revenue

>cross
>christian papa
hello dear father bless me plz

only see shit here like
>14 Hot Celebrities Who Got Fat

Bump

I'd cross the street to get to him to receive a blessing and clarify the nature of Christ.

a lot of parts of the mediterranean had malarial swamps. we don't associate the basin with malaria anymore because all the swamps were drained by governments in the 19th and 20th centuries