How to defeat Vikings

Hello, through some mishaps I've ended up in Britain during the Dark Ages. It appears that Vikings are going to be showing up on the coast of the village that I'm in pretty soon. There appears to be about 50 of them, and the local Saxon Guard Numbers about 5. What can I do? I have a pistol and some rounds. But that's about it really.

RUN MOTHERFUCKER RUN

>It appears that Vikings are going to be showing up on the coast of the village that I'm in pretty soon.

No they won't, the Vikings didn't show up until long after the Dark Ages ended in Britain.

Nope, the dark ages ended in the 1000's I gather, the Vikings first attacked in the 700's and 800's.

Show up with an army.

Your only hope is that your gun scares the shit out of them and they don't realize you can run out of bullets.

Your bullets won't go through their helmets or shields, so you'll need a clear shot.

Can I have a map of the terrain or a can you describe your sorroundings? Can you use the peasants?

>Your bullets won't go through their helmets or shields, so you'll need a clear shot.
Wrong, unless he's shooting a super weak caliber.

Why not join them OP?

Even if the bullet won't go through it's still like hitting someone really hard in their head

Sell em drugs they can't resist

Cavalry.

Fyrd my man

Drop the gun, pick up a knife, find your mate, and stab him 29 times in the back, his neck, and his face, burn down the local church and become a Norse pagan, then tell those Vikings you're a true Nord.

Grab a horse, ride around them as you slowly whittle their numbers down, while peasants throw rocks from a distance. You must not let them interfere with the coming harvesting season.

Your bullets won't go through their helmets or shields, so you'll need a clear shot.

Do you have a katana? Because that's your only chance

>how to defeat vikings
Have some sort of professional military that's not fighting off somewhere else or a rag tag militia (aka citizens) or not be defenseless monks

T. Swadian peasant

Modern pistol calibers are all almost without exception underpowered. Just google the deathrate of single shot wounds. It's surprisingly low.

That's why modern self defense tactics actually suggest mag-dumping on attackers to be sure you stop them, not aiming for weak spots or popping off a few rounds and trying to fuck off.

That said if it penetrated and they were armored in mail the little pieces of metal it dragged into the wound might actually help.

Still you're looking at maybe a 16 round mag for 50 guys. Relying on the pistol would be a mistake.

Honestly the best thing might be to forget the pistol entirely and take the propellants in the rounds and the caps. Empty the propellants into a small clay pot or mug, line it with odd metal bits and use some of the caps to ignite it and you would have a small hand grenade.

If you could get them together and set it off on or in their formation and then used the shock to make a push with your five guys you might scare them enough to fuck off and thereby win.

This is really your only option. Teleport behind them and kill them with glorious nip steel.

>won't go through their helmets
Why the fuck would you ever aim for their heads? You're in a highly stressful situation and trying to hit a small moving target on a guy dead set on badly hurting you.

You'll probably only hit air.

Psychological warfare would be your best option, you're not winning 1:10 numerical disadvantage. But these guys have only ever seen arrows, so imagine when your gun goes off. It's louder than any weapon they've encountered and you can't see a bullet travel. So imagine going against a wizard that can open holes in your head without even touching you.

>fuck the gun
>you have to kill everyone in the room
>use gun to make a motherfucking hand bomb
I like when /k/ visits

Basicly your fucked since your so woefully outnumbered.

Challenge their leader to a duel, tell them Gods Champion guards this land. Then when you get into the dual pull the gun and blow him down. Claim its gods tool and that every knight or lord or whatever has one. All psychological, probaly won't work but your fucked and its your best choice when your outnumbered 10 to 1

The "dark ages" are a historical meme past the Anglo-Saxon migration period based upon a lack of written sources or information. Sources like Bede and the Anglo-Saxon chronicles mean we're less in the dark post 6th century. Viking attacks increase as a general phenomenon start after the Lindersfarne raid in 793.

I laffd

>I have a pistol and some rounds.

dude...you're a wizard. work that shit.

I just heard the voices of hundreds of /k/omandos crying out in anguish.

/k/ here

>implying double base propellants have a good enough burn rate to make good explosives

Do you know their language? I would suggest challenging their leader to a 1 on 1 battle of honor, and then shooting him in the head. Yell something about Thor; maybe they'll chase you or maybe they'll make you their leader. Utilize the viking manpower to set up some basic gunpowder production and rule the world and fuck up the space-time continuum

Plus the amounts involved would be so small...

>I have a pistol and some rounds.

you'll be just fine...

JHP vs steel plate might be kind of a bitch.

You'd be better off using it to scare off enemy cavalry or convince the king that you know the secret of thunder.

What dark age viking is running around in steel plate? They won't have cavalry either as longship raiders.

I think you could reasonably intimidate the vikings into fucking off with your handgun. Assuming you can talk with your allies, get them to fetch the local priest and put up a giant cross near the landing site, show off some rituals to the vikings and shoot them with your bottled thunder in the name of christ. Pagans believe in magic, they should be relatively easy to scare off with a combination of religious symbols and swift invisible death. The only challenge is not running out of bullets before they get the message.

t. another foreigner come to our lands

Summon Sutton Hoo Man and let him deal with the buggers.

Grab horses, go to East Anglia, find Alfred, and tell him exactly what he needs to do so he can hurry the fuck up with the coastal forts