Help me choose something

Hi Veeky Forums, recently I came into a bit of money. I wanted to buy a medium/high grade sword. But I really don't know what to get. I posted a similar thread on /k/ but to no avail. Please help me out Veeky Forumstorians.

Here's my picks so far, but feel free to make recommendations.

kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=501508&name=Windlass Battlecry! - Hattin Falchion

kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=RKE9&name=Ronin Katana - European Sword #9 - Arming Sword

kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=DSA1333BR&name=Darksword Carpathian Sword - Brown#

kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=FA54&name=Fabri Armorum Buhurt Falchion

kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=SM36090SP&name=Knight's Sword - Limited Version

Other urls found in this thread:

fioredeiliberi.org/antique-swords-uk/for-sale/
kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=FA54&name=Fabri Armorum Buhurt Falchion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're probably not going to find much help here. I'd suggest that you go ask on a HEMA forum or something.
/k/ might be of some use, but they almost never discuss weapons other than firearms.

Yeah I tried /k/ already. I'l probably just pick one at random if this thread gets archived. Thanks anyways.

>Hi Veeky Forums, recently I came into a bit of money. I wanted to buy a medium/high grade sword.

please save your money

>I wanted to buy a medium/high grade sword.
What for? Like cutting bottles in your back yard? Collecting?

Defending Christian maidens from the Saracen hordes, noble sirrah.

I'd go for an actual antique, although they might get a bit more expensive than that, especially if you go back further than the Napoleonice era.
Otherwise, it's down to what you think looks coolest on your wall. Do bear in mind that some of the swords you posted are sharpened, and some are not.
Here's /ourguy/ Matt Easton's page, where he sells antique swords
fioredeiliberi.org/antique-swords-uk/for-sale/

stop shilling you fuck!

>noble sirrah
Sirrah is used to address someone lower than you

I collect arms and armor do HEMA and do reenactment. So I want a sword for either sparring or test cutting. btw is not me. He's just some jealous faggot.

I already have a fair amount of money by saved up. I just want to put some money into my hobby.

Your wasting your fucking time with CoA, hit up Darkwood Armouries and get an economy hilt for 300 USD, used it countless times in sparring and it still holds up great

Why the fuck didn't you just ask a senior member of your group? You fucking autistic or something?

Go to them, ask them what works instead of shit posting you fucking faggot

Source: HEMA practitioner for 4 years

I did. He knows I have a soft spot for falchions so he said to go with either falchions. He didn't like the Darksword Armories one because of "much historical accuracy"and he was indifferent on the Kingston Arms sword. I figured some people on this board would have an opinion on the swords, so that's why I made this thread asking which one to choose.

Darkwood not Darksword, Darksword is objectively shit; learn to read.

What?

The sword I have in the OP is a Darksword Armories sword. I don't know where you're getting darkWOOD from.

Read the replies on your own fucking thread, someone answered the question for you and the answer is based Darkwood. Now go pick up a real mans weapon like a Messer and get off my board kiddo

Best you're going to get on /k/ is if Gropey happens to be knocking around, which isn't likely. Maybe try Veeky Forums? They might help.

>I collect arms and armor do HEMA and do reenactment
No you don't. Otherwise you'd know what "swords for sparring" are.

So shall we try this again, what do you want?

>No you don't. Otherwise you'd know what "swords for sparring" are.
What is kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=FA54&name=Fabri Armorum Buhurt Falchion ?
I said I wanted something for sparring or test cutting. Many swords on this list are sharp because I do not own too many of them. I have some plastic synthetic sparring swords but they feel nothing like real steel swords.

>So shall we try this again, what do you want?
Recommendations, feedback about my selections, which one to choose, any miscellaneous information on the individual swords or the parent companies, etc.

Basic piece of information, sparring in HEMA is done with so called Feders or Federschwert, nothing you posted is in any way save to spar with.
If you need something for cutting say so. If you need something for reenactment, say so. if you need something for hema practice, say so. if you want to collect historic pieces and replicas, then fucking say so.
Ther eis no jack of all trades here.

Federschwert the sword in pic related.
I have one, but they're used in longsword fencing. I also have a dussack the one handed variant.
All items in the OP are one handed arming swords or falchions. Most of the swords I picked would be for test cutting. The only one used for sparring (with protection or armor) is the Fabri Armorium Falchion.

>If you need something for cutting say so. If you need something for reenactment, say so. if you need something for hema practice, say so. if you want to collect historic pieces and replicas, then fucking say so.
OK tell me if my selections are decent or not pick your favorite because I'm stuck between all of them.

>The only one used for sparring (with protection or armor) is the Fabri Armorium Falchion.
Thats a Bohurt club and not a sword, other than that FA is good Czech quality for little money. The Darksword is a fantasy piece. The other 3 are ok for the price, but not more.

And you don't have a Feder, you do not even train HEMA.
Why don't you just be honest, it would make things much easier. This is an anonymous board and I support all forms of sword fetishism.