My boss wants us to start a cryptocurrency for our industry...

My boss wants us to start a cryptocurrency for our industry. I know next to nothing about Crypto except that it's a great way to feel like shit and look up how rich I could be if I had bought $100 of buttcoin in 2009.

I'm on track to getting a promotion and raise in the next six months at which point I'll be able to laterally transfer to another division (out from under this boss) and anything that falls apart back where I am now won't be able to hurt me.

How can I profit from this? I know he can authorize a good amount of marketing budget to his pet projects which usually fuck up. Boss checks two diversity boxes so he gets to just keep doing it. Not going to give too many more details because no dox me pls.

No one currently has produced a coin for our industry / to be used by consumers in it. Pretend it's something like car parts- it isn't, but it's an equally sized niche. There are 2-3 coins someone tried to do with similar targeting but they didn't take off, probably 'cause no marketing, or bad launch.

Pretty sure boss doesn't even care if it works longer than a few years, he just wants to say he started a "coin" and get his face in some trade magazines and company awards etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

ecocoin.com/
ibtimes.com/introducing-songcoin-new-cryptocurrency-built-music-industry-hopes-cash-bitcoin-craze-1558599
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ShitpostCoin (YOU)

Genuine question, bro. I could just pay some pajeet to do a coin launch for us, but I want to know how I can profit off of this too. Doesn't matter if the coin crashes and burns hard in a year.

premine and sell to your boss

I'll give you a coin. But first I need you to pay me 1000k.

Serious

waves platform to create one

We'll use "car parts" as the example.

Are you talking about creating a coin with some sort of features that have to do with car parts.

Or do you mean just making a coin and labeling it like Car Part Coin and it just being like a bitcoin clone?

Do you want functionality beyond being a cryptocurrency?

>Do you want functionality beyond being a cryptocurrency?

We're supposed to invent some kind of functionality that makes it special, but honestly (IN MY LIMITED EXPERIENCE HAVING OPINION) there's no fucking functionality you can add to a 'coin' in my opinion beyond it being a coin that you can mine and send back and forth.

All the 'special' shit just exists independently of the coin code and functionality, and I can't really imagine why people would try to add it.

What could anyone really add to a coin based around an industry/products made by that industry, sold to and used by the community who depend on that industry?

Maybe something where there's a leaderboard of who performs the most successful transactions or something. "Look at this store selling XYZ using our coin, they're the best one for ZYX month/week!"

Fuck, I dunno. I looked into premining and shit, looks like the more you do of that, the less likely any of the crypto people or investors are to buy into the coin at all, not that it would really matter for this application but if it totally craters or gets lots of news articles/blogs calling it out, that's bad.

IF you admit 1) that being a meme criminal gives you a sick power boner and you are asking $100 of buttcoin in 2009
>our industry
>authorize a good amount of marketing budget
>trade magazines
>used by consumers
>profit
>crashes and burns

Just ICO. it doesn't matter what the fuck the coin does as long as the dev team is charismatic and you got enough shilling like floyd making money mayweather. then when the SEC cracks down on scam ico's you'll be in a different division so you'll be fine

>You're straight goyim peasantry if if you think you're the only ones who are trying to do this in an industry "like car parts".

Oh I'm pretty sure everyone is trying to make a coin for everything. There's probably even someone trying to make a coin based around hippie music festivals, or carbon credits, or whatever.

I'm going to look aaand..

ecocoin.com/

ibtimes.com/introducing-songcoin-new-cryptocurrency-built-music-industry-hopes-cash-bitcoin-craze-1558599

Yup.

I have literally zero advantage over all these other random fucknuts, except that I can boost this coin with a well funded marketing campaign, and pay for proper development, or at least proper enough that it ekes out survival for a year or so.

>Just ICO. it doesn't matter what the fuck the coin does as long as the dev team is charismatic and you got enough shilling like floyd making money mayweather. then when the SEC cracks down on scam ico's you'll be in a different division so you'll be fine

I've been reading about this too. Isn't that basically like branding some Ethereum as your own coin or something?

If you think you can find the right marketing and production, then be reckless. Just charge straight into the fucking abyss with this other goys money, if you find people who can explain why the top floats up in this awful sea of crypto piss without getting scammed out of everything you're working with. For now it comes down to creative lies and psychology. But please, if you want to do things the basic way and utilize pump exchanges, start stretching so you can kiss goodbye to your asshole first sweet user.

I really need to find some better resources on starting an altcoin. Maybe I should just create an Ethereum Token and tell everyone it's a "Coin using the proven Ethereum network"

Their contract system confuses the FUCK out of me though.

it sounds like your boss is a greedy retard and you are not far behind

He's just an egomaniac black guy who thinks he's a genius because he's been coddled into his position. I got the job under him instead of some females eligible for the job because it was cheaper to put me in rather than keep burying sexual harassment allegations against their diversity boy.

I'm already a greedy retard though.

my point is that he is attempting to exploit a situation that is quite clearly beyond his grasp and far beyond yours as well, and the fact that you are having a very hard time thinking of a way to integrate tokens into your industry, that should tell you your industry does not need a token at all, and you are going to piss off your boss and make an enemy in your company by attempting to capitalize off of his greed and in the end failing.

and before you wonder why it is out of your grasp you could have created a waves token like someone else said with the time it took to make this stupid thread that was basically uhhhhh guys my boss asked me to make a altcoin please tell me how to do it for no reason

>that should tell you your industry does not need a token at all

I thought I made it clear that I'm aware that we don't need a token for our industry / niche. In fact, there's only one niche that ever NEEDED a cryptocurrency, and that was selling fake IDs / chinese chemicals on the darknet.

>my point is that he is attempting to exploit a situation that is quite clearly beyond his grasp

Fuck yeah I am, no one ever got ahead in life by sticking to the simple shit they could totally control.

>you are going to piss off your boss

After he's had his writeups and backpatting he doesn't give a fuck about what happens to it. I've seen this happen time and time again with other things.

>and make an enemy in your company by attempting to capitalize off of his greed and in the end failing.

What I really wish I could do is create a cryptocurrency SIMULATOR, tell him it's real, issue a bunch of dummy/test wallets, and...

> never implement a way for people to put real money into the system.

But other than that, if this ends up being a real thing, I'd like to be able to make some money off it.

>waves token

Thanks for at least telling me about this, what advantage does it have over creating a token on eth?

And the reason I'm here asking is because reading documentation is all good but it doesn't fill you in on the hidden drawbacks or positives/negatives that a community can tell you about

Tip: you're being opinionated about something that another part of you asserts you don't understand yet. It sounds like a real target but I don't think you'll care enough to profit if you've already decided offering crypto is innately shallow. Let's consider a 1 notch perspective adjustment right now and restart without the assumption that nothing of value can be offered. This is akin to internal auditor xenu education. Knowing what the drank taste like without the poison in it. You won't move without the ability to imagine and sell appealing fake paradigms as a digital crypto charlatan. Catching those isn't going to happen if you are already shitting on the potential subconsciously.

tell him he's a fucking idiot for trying to get in at this point in the bubble and to fuck off
you're welcome OP
btw your boss is an idiot and you should find another job

>tell him he's a fucking idiot for trying to get in at this point in the bubble

well, someone's gotta totally misunderstand my boss's motivations, guess it had to be you

>btw your boss is an idiot and you should find another job

No shit

Gonna repeat something since I fucked it up w/ greentext..

>What I really wish I could do is create a cryptocurrency SIMULATOR, tell him it's real, issue a bunch of dummy/test wallets, and...
> never implement a way for people to put real money into the system.

It's not technically fraud at that point, is it?

>Fuck yeah I am, no one ever got ahead in life by sticking to the simple shit they could totally control.
You are a dollar short day late. The SEC and IRS and the FEDs are advancing on any centralized aspect of crypto they can steal from. You do not sound smart enough to navigate through this. Tell your nigger boss that you would both be better off buying bitcoin and holding than attempting to scam newfriends. You are clearly out of your element.