Was life better for the average person in Iberia under Muslim rule than Christian?

Was life better for the average person in Iberia under Muslim rule than Christian?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1066_Granada_massacre
youtube.com/watch?v=bhQpt8Mk_A4
home.isi.org/myth-andalusian-paradise
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it'd be important to specify the muslim and christian periods you're comparing

YES.

>A Mexican muslim LARPer
You should off yourself my man

When?

the good muslim period when no bad things happened vs the oppressive christian dark ages

those are the respective period i wish to compare. care to comment?

>Irrelevant oppressed territory under muslims, basically just a site for exotic ficky ficky
Hmmm doesn't seem very good

>becomes the world's most widespread empire under Christians
>get to go around the world and bring your ficky ficky to foreign peoples instead of being the target.
>literally viewed as gods in Latin America.
sounds much better.

None of those periods existed so it would be comparing fiction to fiction.

Do you even know what "LARP" means? I don't think so...

>Mexican muslim
>Not larper

>the oppressive christian dark ages
I would be interested if someone could go into detail on what life in iberia under visgothic rule was like

>dark ages
a total meme, science never actually stopped in Europe. And Christian empires far surpassed Muslim ones.

The "dark age" meme is spread mostly by enlightenment era atheists (and later communists) to pretend that the old way of life was so backwards and "oppressive"

In reality the only thing suppressed was degenerates, not science.

ummm, no sweetie. these are widely recognized historical periods. would you care to try again?

>these are widely recognized historical periods. would you care to try again?
No they are not.Just give me a date and I will answer you

honey, if you don't aready know the dates your just going to prove your own historical illiteracy.

>The reigns of Chindasuinth and his son Recceswinth saw the compilation of the most important Visigothic law book, the Liber Iudiciorum (completed in 654). The code included old laws by past kings, such as Alaric II in his Breviarium Alarici, and Leovigild, but many were also new laws. The code was based almost wholly on Roman law, with some influence of Germanic law in rare cases. The new laws applied to both Gothic and Spanish populations who had been under different laws in the past, and it replaced all older codes of law. Among the eliminated old laws were the harsh laws against Jews. The Liber showed the old system of military and civil divisions in administration was changing, and dukes (duces provinciae) and counts (comites civitatis) had begun taking more responsibilities outside their original military and civil duties. The servants or slaves of the king became very prominent in the bureaucracy and exercised wide administrative powers. With the Visigoth law codes, women could inherit land and title and manage it independently from their husbands or male relations, dispose of their property in legal wills if they had no heirs, and could represent themselves and bear witness in court by age 14 and arrange for their own marriages by age 20.
we wuz feminists n sheit?

>honey, if you don't aready know the dates your just going to prove your own historical illiteracy.
I know everything about that period.Please tell me which period of time you are talking about?

Women have always been able to inherit titles and property in Spain (the christian part at least). The salic laws and all those laws came from France

You are wrong, before Christianity Archimedes made machines that could only be built in 16th century technology-1500 years wasted by a worthless religion too afraid of creativity to allow people to read

if you knew everything you would know the dates too. at least you tried, sweet thing

>if you knew everything you would know the dates too. at least you tried, sweet thing
Just give me the dates Mohamed

awww that's cute :), but the dates are mine and you'll never get them with that attitude

>but the dates are mine
Becasue you made them up by any chance

Schrodinger's dates. they are neither accurate nor inaccurate until he reveals them

this is a hostage situation. tell your zionist stooges to leave our land and ill give up the dates...or i could kill them, your choice honey :)

>or i could kill them, your choice honey :)
If you could you would have done it sweetheart

fucking yahud get out REEEEEEEE

What the hell is ficky ficky?

They had no need for those machines.

It really depends. Under the visigoth they were taxed heavily but it was relatively peaceful. Under the muslims, you it good money wise with a trade boom and less taxes if you converted and in the south raids and that stuff were a rarity early one, but you were way more controlled. Under the new Christian kingdoms, you were a lot more likely to be raided be the muslims or other christians, but you could end in the minor nobility or getting lands without taxes a lot easier too (ways to be an hidalgo varied a lot, since being born in an specific stone in Guipozcua, siring seven sons, getting a horse and armor, deeds of battle etc).

Tbqh the moors were respectful or religion and culture to an extent. More so than the christians.
Exhibit A: Celtic which has been utterly desecrated and all inscriptions have been carved out and crucifixes carved on every surface.

Say what you will,about the moors but they were actually far more tolerant of religious diversity than the Catholic Church.

From wher do you get that. The first thing they did in Iberia when they came was destroying churches or at best making them mosques, lots of cultural objects melted etc, aprat of the excess of warfare. Muslims barely respected muslims and jews if they payed the dhimmi tax, even then muslims rioters tended to target Jews and Christians, the same the christian kingdoms did when they were in power. Also the destruction of pagan stuff is generalised in the muslim world, even today. Heck they don't even respect early Islamic stuff in Saudi Arabia.

Sure thing Mohamed.Islam treated none abrahamic religions way worse than christians.See India.Also they treated none muslims like shit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1066_Granada_massacre
Fun fact: the Almohades were the first people to deport the jews in Spain's history

Caliphate of Cordoba
>Ruled by a ginger faggot
>No alcohol
>Shit tier arab spicy cuisine
>No pork
>No social mobility
>Totally stupid distribution of land which created tiny kingdoms inside the caliphate
>Shit tier working conditions
>Cities divided in christian,jewish and islamic ghettos
>Constant raids in the non muslim ghettos
>Importation of niggers
>Only way to live decently was to open your butthole towards the ginger faggot
>Degenerate and decadent
>Meme cultural output that has been forgotten everywhere due its mediocrity
County of Castille
>Ruled by a just and forged in battle king that understands the strugles of his people
>One of the best wine regions in the world
>Rich cuisine inspired by French pilgrims
>Best pork in the world
>Tones of social movility
>Could choose your own lord and participate in the goverment of your region regardless of social status or gender.
>Even distribution of land.Formed by small land owners and big chunks of land own by communities in which any Castillian could work the land without paying taxes to a random muslim warlord
>Awesome working conditions as you can choose when to work and when to rest
>Everyone is christian and lives in total harmony
>Safe cities protected by the local militias and the justice courts who protect the laws created by its people
>100% Iberian
>Tons of job opportunities as a warrior,a merchant,a worker or being an average landowner
>High social values and rising society
>High cultural output that is still studied and praised to this very day

It seems a no brainer to me

Get out heeb reeee

>sure thing Mohammad
Confirmed /pol/ get back in your fucking containment tank.

Why the fuck is there always someone defending ري هقوص whenever someones complains about him? Are you just samefagging without a tripcode or are you really a blatant cocksucker?

>Refutes him and destroy his argument
>p-/pol/ XD
Nuce refutal

Everyone falls for your bait
you shall never fool me

Did you know that until around the thirteenth century, Lords would sleep in beds with their servants to stay warm. The chimney hadn't been invented yet.
Meanwhile, Crassus was taking showers 1000 years b4 that.

Like bunga bunga but with olive oil instead of bacon fat.

Probably more freedom to practice all your backwards traditions again as long as they weren't Moorish but definitely more unrefined and unkempt than during the time of the caliphates.

good post

There are muslims in Mexico, even among the indigenous people.

youtube.com/watch?v=bhQpt8Mk_A4

not him but
How can someone have such a retarded grasp on history is beyond me

>Shit tier arab spicy cuisine
This is how I know your memeing. That or you have bland taste in food. I bet you think Thai food is too spicy too.

>There are LARPers in Mexico
I alredy knew that

>This is how I know your memeing. That or you have bland taste in food. I bet you think Thai food is too spicy too.
>Le put a lot of shit to everything XD.
If you want all your food to taste like herbes you are a pleb.Ayrab food is the shittiest of shit

>It's good because it's spicy

Spices make food better all the time. Sorry your food is so bland and tasteless.
I haven't tried much arabic food, but what I have tried is delicious.

>Spices make food better all the time. Sorry your food is so bland and tasteless.
Only if you eat shit
>I haven't tried much arabic food, but what I have tried is delicious.
Because you are a shitskin or a pleb

Nah white people like spices too, so much they were desperate for alternative routes to go to Asia to get them.

>white people like spices too
Yeah some pepper and cinnamon is nice from time to time.Putting a bunch of coloured powder and making all food literally the same is only a thing that shitskins or plebs do

To ignore your obvious shitposting and get to the point, It would depend on which period of Andalusian rule we're talking about. As a united entity under the emirate of Cordoba, muslim rule would've been pretty comfy, provided you were a muslim. Crops were plentiful, you had access to all the luxuries of the Islamic world, and if anything went wrong, you could just blame it on the local jews and stage a pogrom.
After the early 11th century, though, things very quickly fell apart. The emirate turned into bickering taifas constantly warring with one another, the infrastructure fell apart, and soon enough you had invasion after invasion of dirty berbers coming to wreck your shit. At this point things started looking up for christian areas, as connections with Christian Europe became more solidified, government became stronger, and the spanish kingdoms started getting a shit-ton of war booty from raiding and conquering the taifas. Hell, things weren't even too bad if you were a jew or muslim under christian rule at this point, since the spaniards were pretty chill about religious unity until after they reconquered the whole peninsula.

TL,DR: Muslim rule was better until about 1010 AD, Christian rule was better after that

>To ignore your obvious shitposting and get to the point, It would depend on which period of Andalusian rule we're talking about. As a united entity under the emirate of Cordoba, muslim rule would've been pretty comfy, provided you were a muslim. Crops were plentiful, you had access to all the luxuries of the Islamic world, and if anything went wrong, you could just blame it on the local jews and stage a pogrom.
>Being a literal wage cuck to a warlord
>Comfy
I am sorry you can't convince me that the Cordoban shithole was better than Castile and its freemen

"Ficken" is german for "fucking".

>Implying the Emirs of Cordoba were any more of warlords than their christian counterparts
I was talking about when the Emirate was united under one dynasty. Until it fell to civil war and actual warlords in the 11th century, things were nice for the average Andalusian, and it sucked to be living in the christian kingdoms at that time since you'd always have muslims raiding your shit. It's only after the turn of the millenium that the christian kingdoms become a better place to live in.

And if the wage-cuckery you're referring to is feudalism, Andalusia was a actually rather cosmopolitan, and a large section of the population were free traders in the cities.

The Cordoban caliphate wa sliterally splitted into tiny kingdoms given to muslim warlords. That is why it imploded into taifas after Almansur. In Castile people became nobility with ease,owned their own property and could choose their leaders. Cordoba was just importing nigger and decaying into a shithole since the times of the manlet ginger

this is such a detailed and well made picture that I appreciate it both on an artistic and memetic level

Is that why northern european cuisine is shit and irrelevant?

Just like arab or Paki cuisine

>Was life better for the average person in Iberia under Muslim rule than Christian?

Abso-fucking-lutely not.

home.isi.org/myth-andalusian-paradise

Northern Europeans make do with what they have, lands poorer and less fertile, and a lot more limited, than the mediterranean gardens. They produce tends to be from lesser quality, and when you base your cuisine in the quality of the ingredients and make them glow, like Japanse or Euro-med cuisine, it shows. Even then some of the most hyped restaurants are nordic,based in locally farmed food and making it shine.

No records my nigga.