Why does the pope fear death so much?

Why does the pope fear death so much?
I don't get it ...

because assassination attempts happen at all the time and riding around all willy nilly is a perfect opportunity for someone to kill you

but why would he care if he believes in heaven and shit?

being a catholic is a lot more than just believing in heaven

If you post in this thread, you're taking fedora bait.

Why is Mecca and the Kabba not accessible to the outside world at large? It's just mostly stone, you can make the Haij with or without it.

The entire Catholic world that isn't America or Europe would lose their collective shit and go Deus Vult on anyone resembling the assassin, especially if he had an obvious background or something easy to scapegoat.

Because modern Catholics think the Church is meant for serving society. Since they put faith in the institution rather than the religion, the Pope is their symbol of safety, peace, and welfare. Violent attacks would jeopardize that image.

I feel so lucky to be Eastern Catholic. Free from that culture.

>I feel so lucky to be Eastern Cuckholic

kek

He has responsibilities here on Earth, he will die eventually but he has work to do in the mean time

like they did when a turk almost killed the pope?

Well one reason might be him not being a retarded Protestant that tests God's efficacy, unlike that one Anabaptist who rode out onto the field alone during the Münster Rebellion to battle the besiegers and got slaughtered. Not Catholic btw.

Having the head of your religion assassinated is generally poor management

Many religions have had their "heads" assassinated and in many cases have seem to come back stronger. Of course for Catholicism whose belief hinges on a possibility of "what if", it could have more detrimental consequences to their credibility.

Not being afraid of death and believing that you're going to heaven why you die doesn't mean that you're going to be rather suicidal and stupid. You've still got things to do down here.

Why don't atheists just kill themselves?

I always see people mention the popemobile but never the Swiss Guards for some reason.

Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, 'You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.' ”

Matthew 4:7

None of us know "for sure" that God is real and Heaven exists. That's what faith is all about.

19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse; 21 for though they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their senseless minds were darkened.

>None of us know "for sure" that God is real and Heaven exists
no

he´s not afraid, it´s only that choosing a pope is a pain in the ass

We can doubt the various Popes real intentions, but apart from that there are other reasons other than the egoistical ones for the Pope to cqre about his safety.

He is still the head of the Church, and his death would imply a lack of peace within the istitution (for they may have to put away all the current Pope's stances and policies, if the new Pope disagree with him, which would be an immense waste of time), a pope that would die due to an assassination would complocate things even more, especially if that assassination was motivated by politics.

For the Pope it's wise to care qbout his safety, on both a personal and religious level,

j e s t e r
e
s
t
e
r

The truth is most Christians are pussies and are scared of death. They make up bullshit reasons for not killing themselves "it's a sin" or "I'm here to complete my mission". The fact is they are scared shitless of dying and spend tens of thousands of dollars on cancer treatments and shit. They're not even confident in their religion. Their religion is more of a "just in case" plan. Just in case this Jesus stuff is real I'd like to go to Heaven.

That's a good question actually...

You would think that they would want to be Martyrs. They are Popes.

23 He said to them, “Doubtless you will quote to me this proverb, ‘Doctor, cure yourself!’ And you will say, ‘Do here also in your hometown the things that we have heard you did at Capernaum.’” 24 And he said, “Truly I tell you, no prophet is accepted in the prophet’s hometown. 25 But the truth is, there were many widows in Israel in the time of Elijah, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, and there was a severe famine over all the land; 26 yet Elijah was sent to none of them except to a widow at Zarephath in Sidon. 27 There were also many lepers in Israel in the time of the prophet Elisha, and none of them was cleansed except Naaman the Syrian.” 28 When they heard this, all in the synagogue were filled with rage. 29 They got up, drove him out of the town, and led him to the brow of the hill on which their town was built, so that they might hurl him off the cliff. 30 But he passed through the midst of them and went on his way.

Why does any religion need management or a head by anyone other than god? I trust god not humans.

also in Matthew 4:4: But he answered and said, it is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. and Luke 4:4: And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

why doesn't god just change the trajectory of bulletts to avoid the pope

lmao quit shitposting.

Do you like being shot? I doubt that popes like being shot either.

Because You should not test God

>being worst write
How does it feel to speak the cucked language that is Greek, at least the romans went out in glory

What the fuck is this? Game of thrones ?

Because he knows he's going to hell

I don't. There are many east Catholic churches. But I do speak one that's just as old.>

If you just have one take on life and then that's it, why would you kill yourself? Are you telling me that the only thing keeping you from killing yourself is your religion? How miserable.