Post things you are taught at school you later discovered were products of propaganda

Post things you are taught at school you later discovered were products of propaganda

Czech republic here
>Habsburg rule was horrible rule of oppression
>TGM (founder of Czechoslovakia) was a perfect man with no flaws who never lied
>Rudolph I. of Habsbourg was a poor count who got elected because electors wanted a weak emperor
>Americans and British won the WWII
>Hussite revolution was prosperous and just
>one king was cruel and bad because he killed his brother, one king was good and awesome because he conquered Austria, in fact they were both literally the same

>Americans and British won WWII

When will this commie meme end?

Churchill and Roosevelt delayed hte opening of the western front as much as possible because they wanted the Soviet Union to become almost broken in terms of material losses and casualities. They were, sufficed to say, and Stalin was completely aware of this. If the Americans, British Empire and Europeans who fled to Britain had not opened been involved in the war then the USSR would have been utterly BTFO.

Look at their casualties! They were flying bi-planes! If the RAF had not been taking up the Luftwaffe's attention then Soviet cities and factories could have been annailated.

The only purpose the USSR served was providing fodder for the allies. Thank fuck the Western Front was opened.

>still let soviets have half of europe instead of starting a war against them once germany surrendered

>Many millions die in what was arguably the bloodiest, most gruesome war in history, Europe is in ruin
>Fuck it, let's have another one
Reality isn't like your vidya.

>Arabs have been repelled
>A woman commanded Knights
>The Revolution was against the King
>Nappy dindu nuffin'

Argentina
Unironically the whole thing about Peron and later the 30000 desaparecidos was and still is a propaganda tool used to force populist politics

>Thank fuck the Western Front was opened.
Do people from Reddit actualy bealive that Wehrmacht was capable of anything after Kursk?

>>Hussite revolution was prosperous and just
Nobody outside of Prague bealives that Hussites were "Medieval version of ISIS", Hussite revolution being a bad thing is meme invented by Havel because communists used Hussites for their propaganda.

Russian here
>we won WWII
>Stalin wasn't russian
>mongol yoke had no impact on russian genetics
Also russian school doesn't teach how we got BTFO by finns in the winter war, this war is ommited in the history course

Finns got BTFO´d by Soviets tho
Only war Finland has ever won in its history was civil one

Mexico

Americans won the Mexican-American war because they came in armed with double barreled muskets so they each counted as two soldiers.

Mexico again

The treaty of Bucareli forced on ua by the USA stipulated that Mexico wouldn't develop any technology for 100 years and that's why we suck

mogolico

America

Columbus was a cool guy who did nothing wrong and found America. Also Thanksgiving was a chill event between Native Americans and European colonists.

Hussite revolution was jist though faggot abd im not even czech faggot

american here
what kind of backwater are you from

how would that even work?

>Germany started WWI
>WWI was fought in Western-Europe
>lamp shades and soap meme
>Germans invade in '40, get BTFO by the American super soldiers in '44-'45. absolutely nothing happened in between

6 million jews perished in the holocaust

>mestizos blame their problems on the white man

tell me again why is my country allowing a people with a historical racial grudge against me in my country by the millions?

Mexicans are whiter than most Americans desu

"Americans" are only white people

anyone else who is an "american" is just a citizen of the state, and will never be america

keep coping Jose

American, specifically California for school
-The revolution was about "freedom"
Manifest Destiny was just people finding the Gold and the Coast.
-All Indians were gone by the Civil War
-Europe is a boring place with nothing to show but Greek myths
-Japan and Korea are heaven on earth
-China's perfect for the teachers, the immigrants hate it though
-California was its own country just like Texas
-Mexico's even better than us
-The Holocaust is 15 million, atleast in my Middle school. Took online AP for High School, so it was normal 6 million.

They fired two shots for every 1 shot mexicans did so they killed more becayse firing lines and reasons.

>Japan and Korea are heaven on earth
What do you mean by that? Our world history class spent about 2 weeks on Japan (it was all Feudal Japan stuff) and no time on Korea.

doesn't it take twice the amount of time to reload though

Wouldn't native Americans be the real "Americans"?

Louisiana School
-muh red stick injuns
-we all got ethnically cleansed from canada by the eternal anglo
-civil war happens
-god emperor Huey Long
-your grandpa was a french translator in WW2
-hurricans

Katrina hit when I was 15, so Im sure that is now in the history class to somehow.

Burger.
>Columbus just sailed around and did explorer stuff.
>The Pilgrims were peaceful & lived in harmony with the Indians.
>The Indians just kinda weren't there after a while.
>The Civil War was about freeing the slaves.
>America did most of the important stuff in World War II.
Though I think most of that is because the teachers didn't want to teach a bunch of 3rd graders about genocide.

A horribly small hick town in the middle of nowhere

this and
"The natives were peaceful people who worshiped the nature and live in peace each others and respect the womens right, they don't deserve the Conquista del Desierto" every fucking year

It's all perfect, it's history is presented as Grand/Epic, (weeks on Samurai for us) and Korea (Koreo) was small talked about, I just remember it being talked very positively. That was alost 10 years ago.

pole here, biggest propaganda thing was 'katyn did not happened, stop asking that or youll get rekt'

Why? I thought you hated the russians even more than the germans

No.

I agree with this, but why did the US go so full goddamn retard with their support of the Red Russian Empire? Why couldn't they give them lesser support, have the two murder each other out into a stalemate, and then occupy Germany while the Russian Empire collapses again?

Serbia.
The formation of the kingdom of Yugoslavia was totally and completely voluntary, justified, and not at all the whim of our PM.
Our PM at the time was a good guy.

In reality the formation of Yugoslavia and the way it was handled was a scumbag move and the most horrible act of blackmail and opportunism, the most horrific action any of our governments has ever taken. At least we paid for it by getting genocided twice by the Croats.
Nikola Pasic was a scumbag populist, he was a corrupt, thieving politician. Says one thing, thinks another and does yet another. His policy was empty, it was always "what the people wanted to hear". Spent years in conflict with the various monarchs, and was the most important politician for almost 50 years. His populism paved the way for Serbs to later accept communism, gullibly, simply for "sounding nice", started the trend of political parties over everything, mass party membership, bloated administration and negative selection ((party membership and loyalty above skill and expertise).

We don't really propagandize anything else. We're taught a somewhat Tito biased version of WW2. And everything that would be controversial is generally left out (there's a little bit about the wars at the end, but profs never bothered with it, they just used those classes for retakes and grade fixing)

Also, i've been told by my hs history teacher and one of my uni profs that discussing political matters is a big no no, and that it could get them in trouble.
At uni, i've only seen profs talk about politics briefly and overtly, mostly as very short comments.
I don't know if it's forbidden by some law, some code (uni statute or whatever) or if it's informal and the principal/dean will go after them on a political basis.
So there's no propaganda, rather silence.

PRL died in 89'

I guess you could just reload one barrel after the initial volley. Just the initial shock value iguesd. Also i suppose like most propaganda pieces it doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

>started the trend of political parties over everything, mass party membership, bloated administration and negative selection
to be fair this is a phase that the more mature democracies had just gotten out of during these decades. Before that, this description could just have easily applies to america, britain or france (and still did in the early 20th century but to a lesser degree).

America stood for democracy
>supported dictators and toppled the only democracy in the Middle East - Iran.

America is good and moral
>see above + tuskeegee syphilis experiment + a thousand other horrible acts all around the world.

Crusades were all about defending Christian lands.
>some of the most rapacious bunch of murdering thieves.

It's true, however, we went from that, to communism, and now we're back to that again. Hopefully things will get better.

I think Serbia's the only place where a guy can get 55% of the vote and be the most hated person in the country at the same time.
I break down our current government's voters into:
1) Party members who have something to gain and their families
2) Public sector workers who are under threat of losing their job if they don't register as "safe votes"
3) People who absolutely despise self hating liberals, and would rather see that scumbag.
4) Old people who watch too much tv and believe him (He's not much of a PM, he's acting more like the government's PR)
I think a lot of the right wing opposition voted for him in the last election simply because their preferred parties are getting too close to said liberals. Despite him hiring Blair as his adviser, funding Clinton's campaign and having Gerhard Schroder endorse him and speak on his rally on the anniversary of the NATO bombing.
That's 3 people everyone in Serbia hates.

>It was wrong to drop the atom bombs on Japan

While I agree on the first two.
How the fuck would you describe a movement after a foreign religion conquers 2/3 of what was before christian

>>Nappy dindu nuffin'

But he didn't, Nappy is da best fuckin traitor

>Muhammed was a peaceful merchant

>Did nothing but peaceful shit all his life

>The reason Mecca is the holy city of Islam is because Muhammed died there

>Completely omitted his conquests, murders and forced conversions

Too bad it was really wrong.

>Hitler won a democratic election, look everyone can be fooled by a demagogue.
>Forgot to tell us there was a fucking civil war against the communists led by jewfuckbolshjeviks

Man the cultural marxist revisionist are everywhere.

Definitely bloodiest. I think.

That World War 1 was fought between the UK and France VS an expansionist Germany.

That it immiedatly became trench warfare, and the fighting was only in the western front.

France mainly handled all the fighting though.

We spent one year on this. Two painstaking years on the fucking tudor and what King Henry the 8th wore, the names of his wives and what happened to them and what they looked like (not about who they actually where) and life in the court. To this fucking day I dont know what his rule actually contained, if he was liked, what he did, wars etc. But that might have been because the next and final year we spent it all on the fucking slave trade, watching roots and taking notes of the conditions.
Mfw

Romania here, history is taught alright here, but there are some weird things taught about our Dacian ancestry. Its generally hard to separate the truth from lie, as there are many fascists saying shit like "all european peoples have Dacian ancestry etc etc", while the opposing side are usually shills that try to push a lot of anti romanian propaganda.

American here, little story that opened my eyes to this.
Reading about war of 1812 for a text book as a class, talks about the US invading Canada. Teacher stops to give mini lecture on how we lost horribly trying to invade Canada but the textbook barley mentions it.
>"The US tried to push into Canada but were repulsed"
That Was literally all it said, then the textbook went on for 3 pages about the Battle of New Orleans. Teacher pointed out this bias and how Canadian textbooks would be the other way around. This event made me paranoid to this day about what I'm reading.

Wasn't Stalin from Georgia?

So, French?

except the communists were weaker and they also didn't have the support of the state organs like the nazis did. most german communists were not jewish so you're just as much a revisionist as the imaginary sjws you /pol/acks fantasize about. and btw Hitler didn't "win" elections, the closest he got to a majority of the vote was april 1933 with 44% of the vote and this in an election where the nazis were already using mass intimidation and where the nazis had demolished and plundered social democratic and communist party organizations. it is fair, however, to say that hitler became chancellor "legally" but he was sure as fuck not elected to that position.

>guaranteeing that half of europe falls under communist control for 70 years despite the entire crux of the war was a small territorial dispute between Germany and Poland.
I see

>most german communists were not jewish
very very dishonest and purposefully so. this is a common debating tactic. Nobody says that jews were the majority in any communist movement or campaign. What they do claim is that they were disproportionately represented, especially in leadership roles which were often dominated by jews.
>except the communists were weaker and they also didn't have the support of the state organs like the nazis did.
The communists had the entire media apparatus to manipulate public opinion just like they do now.

too bad it wasn't really wrong.

>tfw swedes being cucked prevented the anglo-franco relief force from arriving
>tfw the brits and french could have won the war, even with the finnish forces utterly exhausted
>tfw finns might still have been able to hold the russians off long enough for allied forces to push through petsamo
>tfw the finns literally died for nothing at karelia
fuck you hitler, if you weren't such a nigger the swedes and norwegians wouldn't be such bitches.

Except the crusades were in direct response to muslim expansion into the holy lands

>very very...
you haven't provided any proof that germans communist leadership was jewish in 1933. there's nothing wrong with challenging you to bring evidence to bear, stormshit.

>The communists had the entire media apparatus to manipulate public opinion just like they do now.
confirmed for /pol/ack. i don't think you know what communism is. you also haven't provided evidence for this outrageous claim.

>live in wealthy, uninteresting state (Minnesota)
>no particularly bad history teachers

I guess one thing that stands out was when my teacher tried to teach historiography by making us compare Howard Zinn's book on American history with our textbook

lol thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard