Why is he praised in the West, but Hitler is despised? There is literally no difference...

Why is he praised in the West, but Hitler is despised? There is literally no difference, both did bad stuff to humans who lived on the territory they controlled.

So what that Mao didn't fucking invade anyone? This doesn't exactly help his victims.

>Why is he praised in the West
implying hard?

Ignore it, it's a /pol/ tactic.

Where

What the fuck are you talking about? He is considered one of the most cancerous leaders of the 20th century.

>but Hitler is despised?

Wrong board.

>disdain_for_capitalist_roaders.jpg

>praised in the West
If by "The West" you mean "middle class university students in their late teens and early 20s", sure

>Why is he praised in the West.

I know that the only contact with the outside world you have are twitter screenscaps posted on /pol/ but the overwhelming majority of westerners don't praise Mao.

Guys you can't deny that Mao has a positive position in pop culture as opposed to Hitler who is seen negatively in pop culture. This famous portrait of him appears in many movies. He is seen in many video games where you can even play as him. Why doesn't Hitler appear in video games? Why can't I play as Hitler in civilization.

Praised was maybe the wrong word but he is definitely respected.

>but he is definitely respected.
He is universal seen as one of the worst shits of the 20th century.

I can actually, I have never heard anyone but rich white kids rebelling against mummy and daddy speak of Maoism, or even communism, as a good thing.

>Guys you can't deny that Hitler has a positive position in pop culture as opposed to Mao who is seen negatively in pop culture.He appears in many movies. He is seen in many video games where you can even play as him, like hearts of iron

Che yes,

Mao, no. Look at him, balding n shit. He's so uncool. Even the Chinese think he's uncool in their honest moments, and meme the Zhongshan Suit/Cap Wearing soldier instead.

You can't really play as Hitler, because if you could you could do stuff like ethnic cleansings, organizing the SS and police state laws etc...

>Why can't I play as Hitler in civilization
Do I really need to explain European laws about glorifying Nazism to you on the history board?

>he is definitely respected.

Even the Chinese now think he was a complete fucking retard who postponed the modernisation of China for 3 decades.

>Mao is praised in the west

You can easily edit events to do exactly that

Mao isn't praised in pop culture. That picture isn't in movies and I don't know about video games because I'm over the age of 18. The only western cultural impact he had was being in "Nixon in China" and he was certainly portrayed negatively in that.

You can play as both in Hearts of Iron. He's not seen negatively by the majority of people because a lot of people have no idea who he was.

like most people said in this thread, he's not

but lets pretend he is the thing is that Mao's bullshit like Lenin's as a side-effect of trying to completely overall the economy when the only economics experience you have is reading the communist manifesto. Whereas Nazi's atrocities were planned to directly wipe people out and orchestrated with German efficiency.

then there's just the whole "China thrived after Mao (mostly by throwing away Mao's policies), while Germany was a divided country full of Russian-raped women that had to apologize to the world of face annihilation after Hitler."

Though I still wonder why there are "Maoists" are still around? I remember hearing one time there were Maoists in India.

Because Hitler was against the jews, and Mao was a jewish puppet. His cabinet was filled with jews, Israel Epstein the most famous. Being a jewish puppet, Mao, had a lot of support in western intelectuals and politcians. You would be surprised that a lot current neo-conservatives were maoists in their youth

Really made me think