Do you have any rich relatives, /biz? I had a great uncle and aunt who during the 70s moved to the US...

Do you have any rich relatives, /biz? I had a great uncle and aunt who during the 70s moved to the US. My uncle worked as an engineer for boeing and my great aunt was a doctor. When they both retired they first moved to Florida until they both hit their 80s and moved back to the Netherlands in the early 2000s. my great uncle died in 2012 at the ripe old age of 93. Just last week my great aunt died at the age of 92.

They lived in a pretty fancy private retirement home with lots of staff (no sitting around in a dirty diaper for them) and lived a pretty luxurious life (vacations every three months etc.). We assumed that they must be pretty loaded. And since my mother was the only heir to their estate we were pretty stoked.

Now comes the twist. We got a call from a former colleague of my great uncle saying that they had nothing but debt and that we should be careful with accepting responsibility for the inheritance. My mother did some checking around and it turns out that they both had extensive medical bills from their time in Florida amounting to more then 750k. They never even made a single payment towards this debt. The reason they even left the US might very well have to do with them trying to escape their medical bills.

They also have a whole load of credit cards that they used to pay for their living expenses and the retirement home in the Netherlands. The total debt of the estate amounts to something in the neighbourhood of 1.5 million euro.

So. Luckily we dodged the bullet with that one. Shame is that some cool furniture, like a umbrella stand made out of an elephants foot, will be lost to the state now since the Dutch IRS has already claimed and sealed their estate.

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2017/06/20/saving-habits-baby-boomers/
zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-12/baby-boomers-are-drowning-loans-debt-average-67-year-old-soared-169-past-12-years
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

>be boomer
>grow up in most prosperous time of human history
>ruin your country and the future of generations to come
>manage to die with zero savings and milliions in denbts

What a time to be alive

100% yes.

>it will never be the 30's-60's again
>you will never be able to walk into a factory at 18, earn the equivalent of 50-70k a year, raise a nice family, have a nice, simple house, in a nice, white suburb
>the absolute peak of mankind was reached in the 1950's USA and you missed it and are doomed to fight for the scraps with the rest of the abandoned grandchildren and great grandchildren of those fools who squandered it all

>they had nothing but debt we should be careful with accepting responsibility for the inheritance.

Important note, you don't inherit debt. Yes, creditors can make claims, but only up to the value of the estate will be paid out. If you inherit someone's million dollar estate and they have ten million in debt, worst case is you get $0, not $9 million in debt.

Its different in the netherlands. You do inheret debt there.

Boomers make me sick, honestly. If I had the opportunities that boomers had I would be a multimillionaire already.

It's a fucking joke how good they had it, and now they bleed my generation dry in order to keep themselves going in their retirement. Fucking vampires.

Yes. 3 Millionaers (lawyers and a businesman), 1 Billionaer (airline) and a very famous Musician.
We don't talk to each other and i am disinherited.
I'm a poor fag btw, don't even know how to feed my cats.

>t. millennial faggot

Pretty sure millennials are bleeding us dry. Sure there are bad stories of degenerates like OP related, but most boomers did everything right. Also, you can't compare your knowledge with today to knowledge of their time. It was a different world and you didn't have easy access to information then.

I'm only borderline millennial. Sometimes I get lumped in with them, sometimes I'm gen Y.

Still, I don't have to be one to see how screwed anyone born after 2000 is, and how cushy anyone born in the 50s had it. Free education, cheap houses that soared in value, easy to get a job for life with a good pension that could support a big family and lots of luxuries on one salary.

New generations will not get any of that. They have to fund the baby boomers who cling on to their easy lives as they get funded by people in their 20s that can barely afford basic living costs.

Yes my parents are rich. They won't spend any of it and live very simply. I think they are concerned about the state of the world and think it will go to shit soon, so are trying to save up as much to leave for myself and my siblings.

>reverse mortgages
>handing down debt
>buying condos when you're 80-90
>kicking your kids out at 18

Why are boomers so fucking selfish? Someone explain it to me.

>most boomers did everything right

32% of those aged 53 to 62 have no emergency savings, the highest among the different age groups

fortune.com/2017/06/20/saving-habits-baby-boomers/

Baby Boomers Are Drowning In Loans: Debt Of Average 67-Year-Old Soared 169% In Past 12 Years

zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-12/baby-boomers-are-drowning-loans-debt-average-67-year-old-soared-169-past-12-years

yeah they did everything right user

sexual revolution corrupted them.

a billionaire? damn. What was the reason they said for why they dis owned you??

even if they did, i would still try to make up with them, and that you are in poverty, and could use some help.

My boomer parents. i remember back in the 1980's they wouldnt stop crying how hard they had to work at their careers they were able to get with high school fucking diplomas.

These werent jobs. Most boomers had careers from a HS diploma. a College degree back then is what a PhD is now.

Oh, and them constantly crying about how expensive homes were in the mid 1980's.

20'ish grand. The same house now is like 300+ grand.

OP, anyways, yea dont touch or Sign Anything. if anyone gets pushy hire a lawyer, but whatever you do dont touch anything, take anything, or sign anything.

they grew up in a period of unbridled prosperity and every 90-iq idiot was able to get a good job with a high school diploma

>grandfather was a builder
>after ww2 joined up with all the other builders in my city
>joined with a load of other tradesman
>said company went on to rebuild a lot of the southwest of England
>got bought out in the 80s by a massive firm
>bought a load of commercial property around London, New York and Melbourne.
>lived a good life until 1995

My dad became a maths teacher and ended up working on the 70s version cern. Then did cryptography work or something for shady corporations before lecturing at universities.

I don't see a penny of my grandfathers inheritance until I'm 31 as thats when my grandfather wanted to be.

I didn't find this out until my 28th birthday when some letter arrived from a lawyer/solicitor.

how much?

>kicking your kids out at 18
Hahahahaha, I love how you included this you NEET piece of shit. I guess you feel like you should be able to sit in your room forever and watch anime while mom and dad pay all your bills and buy your food. Hahahaha what a slug.

While I am inclined to agree with you, there are very few 18 year olds who can make it on their own with no support that young in this day and age. Our education systems, even college, don't really prepare you for the real world.

Do you really believe this? This economy today is probably the best the US has ever had. Full employment, almost everyone making 6 figures by 30, everyone has 1-2 cars, everyone outside of cities own houses before 30. This economy is insane yet people act like 50-60 somethings "ruined" it.

Most "boomers" were poor as all fuck in their 20s. Debt wasn't a problem but no one was able to get a "good job" with just a HS diploma, without working 10-20 years of shit labor before they got that "good job." People who are 50-60 with a high school diploma, who have been working for 30-40 years often make the same amount as what they're paying engineering and business grads these days 2-3 years out of college.

>stay at home and work with no expenses
>HUR ANIME SLUG DURR

>Most "boomers" were poor as all fuck in their 20s
m8 you could buy a new car or pay for a semester of school by moving widgets around on an assembly line for one summer and you think we have it better?
> almost everyone making 6 figures by 30
fucking what
>inb4 this is just some trap so you can act like a condescending dipshit toward people who don't make 6 figs at 30, thereby missing the point and proving yourself to be both fucking retarded AND a smug bastard

>all this delusion
B**mer detected

also median american salary at 30 is like $35k
>inb4 the average american is retarded
but it was higher before
>w-w-w-well you kids are getting dumber by the second, I've always sai-
kys

They lived as though they were in Eden. Everything came easy: houses, jobs, and money. And they spent it all, and then some, like no tomorrow. And when they ran out, they kept spending on borrowed time.

They thought the good times would last forever, and cared not for tomorrow.

Boomers destroyed this white country and I hope the vast majority of them rot in hell.

bump