Sarcastic entries and flamewars aside, what is the "greatest" verse in the whole bible?

Sarcastic entries and flamewars aside, what is the "greatest" verse in the whole bible?

"APOCALYPSIS" IS THE ONLY LEGITIMATELY CHRISTIAN BOOK WITHIN THE BIBLE; THE REST ARE JUDEOCHRISTIAN DRIVEL.

"APOCALYPSIS" ALSO HAS THE BEST PROSE FROM ALL THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE.

Jesus wept.

Your favorite.

>verse

turn the other cheek like a limp wristed faggot

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16
Pretty basic but important anyways

"Numbers Numbers Weight division."

I never understood this. So thie great force that created reality has...a son. And he makes him the perfect human so that he can die for the sins of all the imperfect human, thus fulfilling the terms of the law that says "the wages of sin are death". Has him dispatched in the most unpleasant of ways. But then he comes back because....he's immortal and cant die. So what was the sacrifice? If Jesus is alive then he's not dead and therefore everyone is still responsible for their own sins. If he had stayed dead that would have ben one thing, but no 3 days later he's back trolling Thomas and shit.

And that verse makes it seem like you should feel sorry for god for sacrificing his only begotten son (like he couldnt just make more if he wanted to) who wasnt to stay dead, just go to sleep for 3 days and he's right back up in heaven. God didnt sacrifice anything, his son is still alive. And being omnipotent, he knew he would still be alive. Seems to me like the old ploy of someone trying to sell you something by making it out like theyve given up so much when in reality theyre just a con man and havent given up shit.

Bump

The one where Rehoboam brags about the size of his penis.

I like when God tells us cunny is legit

"But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Matthew 5:7

Ezekiel 25:17
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

giving up a throne in heaven to suffer upon a cross is giving up a lot user

Checked.

John 1:1 is a favorite of mine

But he's literally immortal. He was "at the right hand" of the intelligence that created existence in all its forms. LARPing as human doesnt earn you any points when you can never truly "die". If Jesus was destroyed forever through his crucifiction, that would be one thing. But Him being a being of near limitless power, Jesus would be the first to understand that physical pain is only temporary and mostly in the mind, and besides that he would know he wasnt really gonna stay dead.

Hell, if pic related can have the mental and physical fortitude and knowledge of self to willingly cook himself to death and not go screaming into the nearest lake to douse the flames being only a mere carbon based lifeform, someone who knows all the secrets of the universe and is a near omnipotent lifeform doesnt get many points for letting himself get nailed to a cross and taking a spear in the ribs.

It all seems to me like the trick we used to do in the arcade of drilling a hole in a quarter and tying a string through it so that when you drop it in the machine at the arcade you can get the play credit, but you just tug the string and bring the quarter back out again. Yeah Jesus "died", but he came right back soooo...he's still alive and totally fine.

forgot pic

It's no exaggeration to say that you're missing the point entirely. The Father gave us the Son so that we could believe in him and be saved--it's the salvation which is the act of love. You're not meant to feel bad for God or anything. You're certainly not supposed to pity him. It's fucking God.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the intelligent, nor favor to those with knowledge, but time and chance happen to them all

It seems YOU'RE missing the point.
>The Father gave us the Son so that we could believe in him and be saved

Okay. Saved from what? Our own sins, right, which god says make everybody deserving of death. Jesus took on that debt by living the perfect life, becoming the proverbial "sacrificial lamb" . Only someone who lived a life without sin could take on this burden. Jesus was the guy.

So he takes all of humanitys sins upon himself, paying the price, which is "death", so that we dont have to, and therefore can be saved. If Jesus hadn't come and did what he did, everyone would go to hell when they die, because they've all sinned and so doing merit naught but the flames of Sheol.

So Jesus, the perfect man, takes on all the sins and DIES SO THAT WE SINNERS DONT HAVE TO DIE. But he comes back. That fucking ruins it, doesnt it? Death, the wage of sin, is eternal. But J-Dub didnt stay dead, he came back 3 days later. So he's not dead. Sin remains.

You could say its simply the act of dying that erases the sin, whether he comes back or not. but that seems kind of a long way to run for gods intended endgame. YHWH couldve just went "I declare all sin null and void" or something, but no. He has to
1. turn his "sons" spirit into flesh
2.impregnate some 14 year old girl with it
3. Watch Him throughout his life, making sure he doesnt die from something else or that nobody kills Him
4.Keep an ear open for all the times Jesus called on the Father, and God had to do some magic and shit for his kid
5. LET HIM GET 120 PERCENT REKT BY THE ROMANS AND JEWS
6.Bring him back to life
7. Take Him back to heaven

If god couldn't just erase all sin with a word, then what kind of god is he? If he could but chose this roundabout way of achieving His ends, then what the fuck are you worshipping?

u have to get the point here anons. Jesus came to Jerusalem to begin the kingdom of god and a week later he was executed like a criminal. This needs a quite convoluted Theology to keep the faith alive (in case you are a rational and educated fellow anyway)

Muhammad for example did not have to explain nothing. Islam conquered an empire, so obviously he had god's graces.

(In the bible military conquests are shown as a sign of god's goodwill. Heck even Christianity didn't really took off until the "under this sign you will conquer" thing)

All in all, that is the main reason because the Christian creeds are long and complicated while Muslims are happy with "There is no god but God. Muhammad is the messenger of God"

>Jesus came to Jerusalem to begin the kingdom of god and a week later he was executed like a criminal. This needs a quite convoluted Theology to keep the faith alive

The whole reason Jesus existed at all was to die, Aziz ibn Abdullah Aziz. Your argument is invalid.

OP had ONE RULE.

“Do not put the Lord your God to the test as you did at Massah.”
Deuteronomy 6:16

And that's why we know your religion is a scam

Yeah well Austin 3:16 says I just kicked your ASS

Jeremiah 8:8

How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.

What if I run out of cheeks? What else do I turn?

And Jesus said farther why have you forsaken me?

So the guy who hundreds of years before foretold of his own death via his prophet Isiah of his coming to die for sins comes down dies for sins and then asks himself why have I forsaken myself?

>a week later was killed

Jesus preached and did miracles for three years before he was executed.

Matthew 28:9 "Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” (he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.)"

>greetings
fucking amazing

It's verses like these that make me unironically believe that God is self-aware.

Mark 9:24

Where is this written?