Redpill me on the Japanese royal family during ww2 Veeky Forums. How much of a role did people like Emperor Hirohito...

Redpill me on the Japanese royal family during ww2 Veeky Forums. How much of a role did people like Emperor Hirohito, Prince Asaka, Prince Chichibu have in the war? Was it right to completely discharge them of any crimes?

To a large extent they just went along with what the military was telling them. It's hard to say how much "power" they had because they didn't really make a serious attempt to exercise it in a way that opposed other powerful institutions.

Probably the single worst thing that Hirohito did was the suicide order. Japanese civilians were told all kinds of depraved stories about how U.S. marines would torture them to death if they were captured. The effect was so strong that Japanese civilians on captured islands would literally throw themselves off of cliffs in order to avoid being tortured. In one instance, Hirohito literally ordered an island filled with Japanese civilians to commit suicide rather than allow Americans to capture them, purely to maintain the fiction.

A lot more than popular perception dictates. There are multiple instances of Hirohito interfering in military affairs and it appears that he knew about everything. Most people cite his inaction on most things as him not knowing about it or inability to act, when really, he didn't act because he agreed with what his advisors told him. In fact, without Hirohito's interference, the Japanese attack on the Occident would have come in October rather than December.

He knew absolutely everything that was going on and as Emperor he was 100% responsible. Like Albert Speer, he managed to get away with it by playing dumb and feigning remorse.

>Prince Asaka was actually present at Nanking and joined in the killings and also served as a leader for the IJA in China
Yeah they had blame and them and should have been tried

DO IT AGAIN PRINCE ASAKA

None whatsoever. The big 5 controlled everything more or less

>Hirohito
Not much, he was mostly a chubby sperg who was more interested in marine biology and Disney then he was with running Japan, when he went to Europe and saw the casualness of people like King George V and the British royal family he desired a life like that and was fed up with his duties. He seemed to blindly sign off on things and was around for propaganda.

>Prince Chichibu
He meet Hitler but I don't much else about him besides the fact he lived in Europe and toured Canada. I'm not sure if his meeting had any impact.

>Prince Asaka
Actual war criminal who should have been trailed

Hirohito was buried with a mickey mouse watch

Why the fuck did the allies make Hirohito renounce his divinity publicly?

It doesn't make any sense. What did they have to gain? I've heard about japanese soldiers that didn't get the memo the war was over, didn't believe it or didn't care, and kept camping out their bases to kill white piggu or what have you. So did they think that renouncing his divinity would cause those soldiers to stop? Wouldn't it just be more effective if you had the emperor, who is already seen as god, tell people to stop fighting?
Did they just do it because 'oooo theocracy scary'? Is that literally it?

So they could create a pro-American republic in the post-war. Having a guy literally descended form God hanging around makes a republican system difficult

But there are plenty of other theocratic countries, why haven't-

Oh, shit. We're at war with and/or subverting all of those right now, aren't we.

Only Vatican City gets a pass it seems

Didn`t the japs wrote that in a way that leaves his divinity to interpretation or something like that?

朕ト爾等國民トノ間ノ紐帯ハ、終始相互ノ信頼ト敬愛トニ依リテ結バレ、單ナル神話ト傳説トニ依リテ生ゼルモノニ非ズ。天皇ヲ以テ現御神トシ、且日本國民ヲ以テ他ノ民族ニ優越セル民族ニシテ、延テ世界ヲ支配スベキ運命ヲ有ストノ架空ナル觀念ニ基クモノニモ非ズ。

The ties between Us and Our people have always stood upon mutual trust and affection. They do not depend upon mere legends and myths. They are not predicated on the false conception that the Emperor is divine, and that the Japanese people are superior to other races and fated to rule the world.

t. wikipedia

>Only Vatican City gets a pass it seems
Anti-catholic sentiment was once a massive force on the US political landscape.

Personally, I hope it will become one once again soon.

Maybe after the Iran problem is solved

Yeah but doesn `t some words have a lost in translation meaning? I think the part is akitsumikami 現御神(now, honorable, god) instead of 現人神 (now, person. God)

There's something like he could be considered an incarnation of god even if he's not a god, or vice versa, but i do not speak japanese.

The Japanese Hirohito spoke was more archaic than the standard form of the majority of the population, it would be like if the French surrender was in Occitian