Couple caught in ‘financial spiral’ jump to their deaths in NYC

nypost.com/2017/07/28/couple-caught-in-financial-spiral-jump-to-their-deaths/

It's coming....are you prepared?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2573863/Bitcoin-exchange-CEO-dead-home-suicide
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>60k student loan
>232k taxes
THIS right here is why I am and always shall remain a NEET.

They should have read Rich Dad Poor Dad

>Chiropractor
>Student loans
>Taxes
>Bootstraps

So this...is the power of boomers...not bad

thank you weird japanese autist that give unimportant advice

What a stupid reason to kill themselves ,why didn't they just declare bankruptcy and move somewhere cheaper? Are cityfags really this insane?

Move somewhere with what money? I am unclear of how bankruptcy works.

It's coming. 1992. 2001. 2008. 2017. This year and the next one will crack due to the work market being full of incompetent idiots who are drowning in student debt. Meanwhile, the governments won't be able to keep up the GDP and stocks will go into "financial spiral".

Take away: buy silver, gold, and crypto.

>tfw have all my money in decent crypto with the small exception of my emergency finds and monthly expenses
I feel /cyb/ as fuck

>people actually think it is desirable to live in a city like NYC

It is if you live in Manhattan and are rich. Only poorfags complain about living in NYC, but then again poorfags complain about living anywhere.

Cognitive dissonance in conjunction with the wife freaking the husband out and vice versa.

Chicken little faggot

Do you live in Manhattan? Are you rich? How would you know how good it is?

And marijuana stocks. Potheads don't care about the financial crisis

Yes, yes and because I live here.
Next question?

Record scratch
That's me
You're probably wondering why i'm falling to my death with my wife.

He put all his money on SIGT

They didn't Listen.

Which is more jew-y, midtown or upper east side?

Great news, fuck these worthless consumption-addicted debtor-nation-creating normies.

They are the canaries in the coal mine. The worst that has yet to come.

Glad I don't live in the United Nation Of Depth lmao.

Interest should be illigal. Period. It's what is causing all this bullshit of ever increasing depth out of nowhere in the first place.

Just look at the state depth of the USA. It's a fucking joke

Dept* fucking auto correct

Yeah I saw that in the paper today, real shame.

Pretty hard to imagine killing yourself just because you're in debt, but there is precedent for it.

it's spelled debt, pajeet

It's not that hard. These people were 50 years old and $250k in debt. At that age, you have 15 years to get your shit together for retirement or you're going to be working until you're dead. They would've had to declare bankruptcy, probably face homelessness or be forced to move to a much cheaper state, and be a burden on their 18/20-year old children all while starting over.

They ruined their lives and they knew it. They chose not to completely ruin their children's, and while the pain of dealing with their estate will be something they remember, eventually they will understand why it happened.

You can't declare bankruptcy on student loans in glorious America

I don't know about that, I think having more time with my parents would be more important than that. Suicide always causes so much pain to friends and family.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2573863/Bitcoin-exchange-CEO-dead-home-suicide by bitcoin is commonplace

>couple living in New York City, the most expensive place in the world next to Paris and Vancouver
>have so much debt they kill themselves
>suicide note says "lol, it's your debt now, children."

That's not the point.

Point is they had a lifestyle they were willing to die for.

I could make 40% more in my career field if I moved to a coastal city.

I have debt, student loans, a car, credit cards that i am always behind paying off and ultimately sacrifice to the interest gods. I am not proud of it but I take full responsibility.

I choose to live in a location that pays less, but works for my lifestyle and budget.

>+$95,000 a year salary
>-$14,000 dollar brand new econobox
>-$55,000 dollar student loan (initially, far less now)
>-$2500 to $7500 revolving debt
>-$95,000 dollar mortgage

No one made them live where they did, reproduce, or spend the way they did.

The biggest problem in America is people are lazy from poor to wealthy and stay in their "circle".

If people moved and went to where it made sense financially, where it was affordable and where the jobs are we wouldn't have half the problems we have today.

During the oil boom a sociologist wrote an article on the younger generations not traveling. Our parents moved across the country for work and a better life, our grandparents across continents, but you have kids in mom's basement in California making minimum wage in the bay area where $90,000 dollars qualifies you for food stamps and yet there are jobs a days drive away that are damn near 6 figures in locations where cost of living is nothing.

Trade unions are hurting. On the east coast some plumbing unions are offering to pay a salary through school they are hurting so bad.

No excuses.

>They chose not to completely ruin their children's

That depends entirely on whether they helped their kids to avoid debt. Which many older generations don't.

Their kids are too young to be cosigners on a major loan and New York is not a state where you can inherit your parents' tax debt. Their debt is in
>Upper East Side’s Loyola HS, where tuition is nearly $38,000 a year.

and unpaid taxes.

They probably realized how fucked they were by the 2nd year of HS, because sometime around there their business failed. They just accumulated all the debt they could and waited for their 2nd kid's graduation before killing themselves, because they knew the taxman was coming.

Their estate will be cleaned out, and their kids will have gone to a great high school and may even get a free ride into college as a result of this sob story.

You have a room for rent?

>"suicide"
>wallet "happens to be" empty

>Steve Bogan

lol so they just didn't have the balls to tell their children not to go to a private school.

at that point wouldn't you just give up and leave?

go live in south america or something, start from scratch, enjoy life

boomers really are the worst generation in human history

In America
Status is more important than money.

derp. you're smart.