African History

Can anyone tell me if there's any interesting things to come from black or African history? Is there any books anyone can recommend that would give me more insight about its history?

> t.black dude who wants to see if there's more to African History than just mudhuts
> Yes I fell for the /pol/ memes

Other urls found in this thread:

realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/White_people.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=X75COneJ4w8&list=PL6mz4AK-lTo6KOzj309JKOzssfFArBxiQ
unesco.org/new/en/social-and-human-sciences/themes/general-history-of-africa/volumes/#c181073
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/White_people.htm

Just go to any pre-colonial African polity's wikipedia page and look at the sources

A good place to start would be John K. Thornton's Warfare in Atlantic Africa 1500-1800, which you can find for free online

UNESCO's General History of Africa is a very ambitious, very length project but is as close to a comprehensive history of Africa as you can get. It's a little pricey but I'd say it's worth it if you really want to expand on your knowledge

There is, but truth be told the reason it gets passed over is not because of Eurocentrism, but because it's boring compared to Eurasian happenings

Yeah East African civilizations are pretty based.
>That Ethiopia Aksumite kingdom, Somalia trading empires, and Swahili City states.
East Africa was more integrated in global trade patterns so tended to have more complex civilizations where in West Africa there was basically trans saharan trading empires and that was it

Watch Basil Davidson's 8 part documentary on African History. It's available on youtube, and it's the best one out there on the subject. Just type in Basil Davidson.

Yes there is go look at mali, nigerian, ghana history, these countries have history boojs you know

some high points to read up on and are genuinely interesting:

The Mali, and later Songhai Empires, particularly Mansa Musa of the Mali Empire.

Ancient Carthage, a much less discussed subject compared to Ancient Egypt and definitely interesting history even outside of the Punic Wars with Rome.

And the Swahili trading states and their relationship with the Arabs and later Ottoman Empire.

Any goods books on the Kingdom of Nri?

Bump

That's a handsome dog.

Sticky and lock this thread right now and never see a /pol/ fiend post shitty Africa threads here again

The two Congo Wars are pretty interesting

This. Or someone needs to compile important resources on frequently shitposted topics and update the sticky with them.
MODS PLS

The east coast has fairly interesting history. Ethiopia/Sudan, Somalia, the Swahili coast.

Here's the playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=X75COneJ4w8&list=PL6mz4AK-lTo6KOzj309JKOzssfFArBxiQ

>UNESCO's General History of Africa
All online for free here

unesco.org/new/en/social-and-human-sciences/themes/general-history-of-africa/volumes/#c181073

Other than Mansa Mansa and few other kingdoms there are not many interesting things. Oh btw some guy tried to explore the sea. We dont know what happened to him probably rip with his fleet.

I heard some Chinese people landed on East Africa and they took a bunch of animals back for the Emperor.

Nah, he believes Egypt was founded by black people.

No he doesn't. He says they're African, and in his documentary, he disregards Chiek Ante Diop's assertion that they are black. He points out that the Egyptians were of a reddish pink color.

lol before colonialization it was tribal warefare. the Nubians were in ethiopia and built basic pyramids out of mud and stone mixtures. thats ancheint. and the pyramids still exists.

for centuries during the Carthinagian rule north africa would come south and take southern blacks for slaves.

when the dutch colonized africa for rubber is when your "people" started to become educated and develop written language.

I got mixed messages. He implies they are but says they are not. I thought he said they shared the same ancestors as Sudanese or something in his books.

Tldr

North africans create Egypt

North africans make Carthage

Ethiopians get idea from North Africans

A LONG TIME LATER

While Eurasia has civilization almost eveeywhere Ghana forms in the Sahara

Then Mali and Songhai

Nok develops in Nigeria

A LONG TIME LATER

Most of the continent is still full of uncivilized savages

Benin Kingdom forms

Bakongo kingdom forms

Great Zimbabwe forms

Zulu kingdom forms

SOME TIME LATER

West African kingdoms sell uncivilized tribes to Euros as slaves.

The niggers get culturally enriched by Europeans making first world states then the Euros are guilt tripped into handing them over to niggers.

Now currently the most dangerous continent on earth due to its human population.

>Phoenicians
>North Africans

Siiigh...

Kongo was cool. It's interesting that we almost had a sub-saharan in the Council of Trent, I wonder how that would have turned out.

I have to study African history, most of its made up contributions that have little to no evidence backing it. Most of the history is mudhuts except for areas influenced by Arabs

Fuck off you retarded fuck

Its true though

different user but its true

To be fair, you could say that most of Europe is mudhuts/thicket roofs except for the places influenced by the Middle East.

Note that there are no indigenous alphabets in Europe and that all European civilizations were influenced directly, or indirectly by those of the fertile crescent. :)

Do they not have Google or Wikipedia where you're from? I'm betting you're just a baiting /pol/tard, but if you're not, don't be stupid.

does anyone have the Veeky Forums posts about the ugandan paratroopers? that was some bretty good african history

I got the impression that he believed Egyptian culture to be highly influenced by black Africans, not to say that they were all black per se. It is a bit strange to think that Egypt had nothing to do with the rest of the continent when it interacted with it frequently.

Scandinavians had writings while Africans didn't?

Is that what you're trying to prove?

Also that Africans head is from 1300 AD, not 1000 AD

That's true. There were black people living in Egypt and Egyptians had been interacting with black communities throughout history. A lot of people completely divorce Egypt from the rest of Africa which is absolutely ridiculous.
Davidson is really not clear about what he says in regards to Egypt though.

Bretty sure that's an engraving of a snake, ya blind fgt.

>couple of stones
>civilization

you revisionist sure are funny.

Pretty sure that snakes has letters engraved in it, you retarded fuck

everything is a "couple of stones" looking at it negatively

Most of African cultures built with mud, the only exception being North Africans, Ethiopians and Zimbabwans + Islamized East Africans

Mali built in mud

Ghana had some stone masonry though, all the rest was mud/wood so we have no ruins of them

Elder Futhark runes, or runes in general aren't believed to have their origins created from scratch though. You're right though, in closer inspection they look very crude renderings of the system.

I'm fascinated by

-Slave Empires- These were literally states that rose from capturing the enemies of groups they hated and selling them as their main income. I'm surprised they aren't brought up more often. They have all the makings of an Evil Empire.

-Ethiopia: The Ethiopian Monarchy's founding myth was that they are descended from King Solomon himself. A shame it didn't last.