Post shit that pisses you the fuck off

>Idol got destroyed
I'm crying. Fuck your statues, pagan.

Daily reminder that if you support or are indifferent to the destruction of important cultural and historical artifacts, you're a fucking pleb and don't belong on this board.

>idol
that's Buddha retard, nobody prays to that statue

>indifferent to the destruction of important cultural and historical artifacts,
It's pagan, it needs to be destroyed
Sure, pagan.

please go back to your desert and leave civilization alone

>It's pagan, it needs to be destroyed
And that's the exact mentality that's been the motivation behind so much lost knowledge throughout history. If you truly believe this you're anti-intellectual and a faggot.

>worshipping a filthy sandnigger religion
>too retarded to tell the difference between worshipping a god, via a figure of them and worshipping the item itself
>has church's where Jesus statues are worshiped and children raped

BY NO RE NIGGERS, DAY OF THE ROPE EVERY CHRISTIAN IS GOING UP AGAINST THE WALL

Fuck off to /pol/ you little /pol/yp LARPer, you.
Fuck your pagan knowledge

On the bright side there were several other buddha statues found in a cave beneath the destroyed sratue

>Triggered baby /pol/yp
Your Idols are dead, and soon hopefully the abominable Europeans are replaced by a more God-fearing people, /pol/yp

Honestly, you're acting just as bad as a /pol/fag. Take a few seconds to re-evaluate your thought process.

>retarded muslims

Not really, I'm just talking to them how they're meant to be talked to, the fucking /pol/yps

neck yourself, /pol/ was right

Don't respond to me when the grown ups are taking, little /pol/yp.

That's interesting, since I read new buildings were discovered under the ones I. S. have destroyed.

I guess these degenerates literally do stand on the shoulders of giants. At the same time as they are perched as parrots of radicalism.

>muh old buildings

Explain why Europe hasn't been deprived of it's pre-christian artifacts then.

Because most Europeans are not Christian, if they were they would get rid of those disgusting things.

>ITT: retarded crusaderfag who shouldn't be on Veeky Forums

I bet you unironically think we should burn every book that isn't the Bible.

>Crusaderfags

The guy advocating for idolatry is a Muslim.

>idolatry
>not iconoclasm

Substitute "crusaderfag" for "mujahideen" and "bible" for "Koran", then.

Yeah, yeah. I am drunk and tired.

My point stands though. I've never seen a Christian in my lifetime advocate iconoclasm, only Muslims.

Don't be so materialistic bro. As long as photos exist the statue isn't necessary.

Eh, I'm from the Bible Belt, and there's still plenty of book-burners down here (who are second only to iconoclasts in my book).

dam son

Yeah, book burning is shitty. But it's far more common amongst the religion of peace and to paint iconoclasts as Crusaders point the gun at the wrong target.

is that the same sign?

no, but come to think of it that would be pretty topical if it were.

I think it might be making a point on how the narrative has changed for certain groups associated with the left.

no it's literally leftists unironically burning a sign that says free speech specifically because they are opposed to the concept itself

But isn't the photo on the left in front of Berkeley, and the one on the right of Antifa protesters?

>LARPing as a christian on a mongolian cooking forum

what's the difference? In case you were wondering, same city, same campus.

whew

Find christ Muhammad

It's precisely the point I was getting at. In two different time periods, the left shows for advocacy, while the right condemns it. The narrative has changed.
Fucking plebs I swear.

>getting mad cause a Buddhist statue broke

you need Buddhism bro. A Buddhist wouldn't be angry.

They didn't "break" they were destroyed by the Taliban.

Props to them for getting such a simmilar copy

>you need Buddhism
nah

Yeah, the lettering is pretty much identical now that I compare the two. If that was the same banner used to advocate civil rights protests in the 60s, that's some strange shit.

>I've never seen a Christian in my lifetime advocate iconoclasm

I bet you haven't met more than 5 Christians in your entire life.

Not that poster but I've never met any either, and I've grown up in a Christian family, am Christian and go to church.

Like Abrahamic religions are less retarded than any pagan religion. Actually Buddhism makes much more sense than any Abrahamic religion.

In before he claims none of those were REAL Christians, because they didn't subscribe to his own particularly apocalyptic version.

What am I looking at here?

Book burning is such a feeble practice after the invention of the printing press and especially after the invention of the PDF file

it is a bad idea to represent the buddha, or more generally to care about idols and icons.

I was a Christian for 18 years and still regularly attend church, even though I don't believe in it.

Met thousands of Christians and not a one has advocated iconoclasm.

But I've met plenty of fedoras in university, highschool, and just out and about who make stupid generalizations about Christianity that I've never seen to be the case.

larping as a muzz extremist on Veeky Forums.

gimp.

it does look a facsimile very much indeed.

fuck off, Mohammed

He can be a Jew or a Christian as well, all Abrahamic religions are iconoclastic

I just call him what he doesnt like to be called

Fuck of Ahmed.

I'm more sad about the cultural values those garbs represent than I am sad that they're no longer wearing Western clothing.
Seriously, Islamism sucks but so does this globalization monoculture

>Literally stood for thousands upon thousands of years
>No one bothered it even though everyone around it was Muslim
>Some fucking crazy as Taliban niggers decide to blow it up

It just makes me sad, it lasted so long, it's like kicking an old person.

but those western clothes represented a freedom and a standard of living within what human dignity entails. They could have developed into countries full of scholars, they could have studied, documented and taught us about their history and culture instead of being enslaved anda brutalized by it.

I can only hope that one day people will by crying over a similar comparison picture of the Kaaba and its ruins.

Turnabout is fair play.

exactly, i miss the values that the west brings, not the culture itself

I can cherry-pick images as well

My dad was born in Afghanistan in '65 and lived under the monarchy, republic, and communist party, escaping two weeks before the 40th army invaded. Take it from me if not from the image dumbfuck.

>implying
The heavy handed imposition of western values on them is the exact reason why they took suck a hard line stance against them.

tl;dr CIA a shit

nah fuck that. Destroying artifacts is full retard, doing it for 'payback' is doubly retarded. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face. All of it, even the stuff belonging to nutjob religions, is valuable to history.

You would be making a terrible mistake conflating the situation in Iran with the situation in Afghanistan.

Those values are part of the culture.

CIA caused both to happen though. One by installing and supporting an incompetent unpopular demagogue and the other by supporting bumfuck religious rebels

are you so fucking obtuse that you think we can't have a baseline of moral values without completely selling out your whole culture?

>thousands of people die in that region everyday and no one bats an eye
>some old statue getting blown up gets the tears going instead

really makes you think huh

People are replaceable, and as long as you didn't know them personally, they are completely interchangeable.

But once destroyed, a historical site is gone forever.

>government cracks down on Islam
>in a 95% Muslim country

It's like they brought back Ngo Dinh Diem and told him to implement a Marxist-Leninist state.

>stone holds more value than life

>life has intrinsic value
guess i better stop spraying my house for roaches

Depends on the stone and depends on the life.

If it's Muslims vs ancient Buddhas, yes.

>ITT: Veeky Forums is apparently oblivious to the concept of internet trolling
pic related

never forgt

>implying
Where the fuck did you get this from.

>Destroy statue
>Discover the oldest extant oil-bound paintings
Moslems never were any good at doing things right

You don't think I'd kill you to save the David?

Wrong. Buddhists don't sit idly by while Moslems wreck shit. See Myanmar

It's the symbolism of the act that bothers me more than the act itself. Like a few years ago, when a local preacher bought a bunch of used fantasy books and burned them with his church because fantasy literally damns your soul to Hell and opens you up to demonic possession (I mean, his church is one of those REALLY extreme holy-roller sects, but it's still irksome).

Except this "stone" was the product of painstaking work of multiple individuals, and this goes for every cultural artifact be it statues and other works of art, buildings and architectural wonders, manuscripts, etc. They're all irreplaceable symbols of the collective knowledge and effort put in by individuals across history.
Destroying these items reduces everything they strived for to nothing.

>pointless untrue generalization

Nice going, dipshit, please tell us more about how all Abrahamics is the same.

wahats that

>represented a freedom and a standard of living within what human dignity entails.
Its a damn shame they couldn't enjoy the McDonalds, the Coca Cola, they 300 movie channels spouting pure garbage 24/7.
>They could have developed into countries full of scholars
You can do that in a country with the culture intact.

>You can do that in a country with the culture intact.

which is not one in which hardline islam is the dominant religion.

a shit

Yes you can, mathematics, biology, languages, all can taught even within an hardline Islamic society. The great crime of current American thought is that every nation must be dissolved culturally in order for it to be scholarly.

>walled city of kowloon

That shit wasn't even run by the same government as hong kong.

Everything else aside though it's a really cool thing though. Like Judge Dredd irl. Apparently people were very happy with their life there and even managed to have mail service to every single doorstep. Can you imagine being a postman for that maze of a complex? Highly suggest you give it a read, it's fairly recent but they tore it down so I guess it counts as history. I'll post more pics.

Here's a cross section urban explorers drew with amazing detail. I'm very envious of their experience.