Bitcoin Fork

What is everyone doing with their current bitcoins with the upcoming fork August 1? Moving it to cold storage, investing in alt coins, holding steady? Curious to see what everyone else is doing

Moved it to usdt. Depending on how big the dip is I will buy back in.

I will keep my shit on the exchange so that I have the ability to trade, holding on for dear life is probably the best bet though.

I already sold everything. It's about to crash big time, I'll buy back in tomorrow.

I hold my BTC on bittrex. When I receive my free BCH I will try to dump them as fast as possible. Will maybe buy them back if BCH/BTC goes as low as 0.01-0.02.

samesies

but bittrex isnt pne of the exchanges listed on the bitcoin cash website

Why? Nothing has really changed, the market already has the fork priced in.

I've no idea what's going on
I'm relatively new, and only hold about 0.037BTC
Some are telling me BTC will plummet after 1. august and some are saying it'll skyrocket.
If i don't get a proper explanation for this i'm just gonna hold it out

and no, i don't have any BCC as far as i know

All my BTC has been sitting in cold storage since the winter, will probably have to pull it into a wallet to check out the BCC situation

What % of BTC is turning into BCC? Can't be much, will everyone have the same % or..?

it's the exact same chain
so if you for example own 2 bitcoin you'll have 2 BCC

I'm just gonna hold.
Doubling my quantity can't be bad right? Even if one of them goes to zero, the other one will be fine.
Right?

>a small group of BTC miners will split off creating an altcoin called Bitcoin Cash
>everyone holding BTC at the time of the split will also receive an equal amount of BCC
>BCC is expected to drop hard because its just a shitty altcoin
>BTC is expected to drop slightly in the short term and then go up because a lot of issues it had in the past are solved like scaling

>Thinking crypto markets are efficient
>Taking finance advice on a Cambodian finger painting forum

This is your reminder to always do the opposite of what Veeky Forums says

>>everyone holding BTC at the time of the split will also receive an equal amount of BCC
This is what i don't get. Some of my BTC is going to turn into BCC? How is that even possible?

Your BTC wont turn into BCC you will simply have both. It is literally like Copy and paste. Kinda like an initial handout of this new altcoin. In essence they simply copy the current blockchain and then modify it and go a different way.

and yes BTC could drop a bit because of this but it is expected for BCC to not be worth much so it shouldnt be a big deal. Even then the total value should be around the same that BTC has right now no matter what probably a bit more.

So i can't avoid some of it turning?
Even if i'm holding in a separate wallet?
I'd rather avoid having any BCC altogether

Why? It's completely safe. If you're on Bittrex, the exchange will simply give you free BCC which you can sell.

How and why is this fork even happening? Does someone need to control a lot of miners or can anyone do it?

If so what % of the mining pool is hard forking?

Bittrex has confirmed they will be crediting BCC to BTC holders

I'm moving over from polo (temporarily) for this reason, as they haven't committed yet

Because i don't know anything about BCC, and it hasn't even been implemented yet, so i've no way of knowing how it's going to fly. And because i don't know how big amount of my BTC will be turned into BCC

Do you really think BCC will be worth a proffit?

I've got some in my exodus wallet, and some on local bitcoin

If you're confident enough, you could ditch your btc for something else, and buy back in after Aug 1. No bcc, and you might be buying a dip too

I doesnt turn, if you have a BTC only wallet you wont even receive BCC. It is literally COPY AND PASTE. your BTC wont change AT ALL. you will only be given free BCC nothing else...

Eh, even if you only have 0.25 BTC that's still $100 free, assuming the prices remain stable and whales don't dump BCC into the ground.

Oh, right, it won't cost me any of my BTCs?
I'm dumb

It won't cost you any of your BTCs, but only if you send 0.1 BTC to the following address: xXgIvEmEallYoUrshEkElsgOyxX

how many BCC will you receive?

Will I get bcc if I keep btc in a mycelium wallet?

I'm not that dumb

read the address

What If I am holding my btc on Gemini?

the majority of Veeky Forums are the drooling retards inquiring about the best methods to store their BTC for "free" BCC, so doing the opposite of what Veeky Forums says is to listen to the few actually intelligent anons saying to cash out and buy the incoming crash

Guys its just a fork in the block chain. Both chains will have identical history. That means that anyone who has BTC at the time of the fork will have both BTC on one chain and BCC on the new forked chain, because they both have identical history.

The only way to get this BCC is to have your BTC in a wallet that YOU own the private key for at the time of the fork. After the fork, you import your BTC private key into a BCC wallet.

>OR

Keep your BTC on an exchange that explicitly says they will give you your BCC.

seling and putting it into ETH is the only obvious move. every other person will get fucking burned by their greed and is in a rat race to get dumped on. good luck crypto noobs

Tybb

>converting BTC->ETH at one of the lowest conversion ratios in the last 2 months
ok

Holy fuck you are an idiot.

Y'all understand why bittrex and kraken are giving you BCC equal to your BTC right?
It's an incentive to keep your money on the exchange.

I've been trying to get my btc off poloniex for almost 2 weeks. they keep saying put my full legal name in name field and i have 3 times! they are fucking with me big time it shouldn't take 2 fucking weeks to withdrawal bitcoin

Another stupid question: If I have a wallet on my PC, what would I need to do to acces either BCC/BTC? Surely my client will stick with one of them. Install an old client and import wallet?

Good digits.

I Use electrum. I do not know if I will be abre to get my BCC, but the history will be there until I find a way to get it out.

how much are you trying to withdrawl?

I've literally never had an issue with withdraws but I keep hearing other people saying they do