Imagine sitting on billions worth of bitcoin's you stashed away and not being able to spend any of them because you're...

Imagine sitting on billions worth of bitcoin's you stashed away and not being able to spend any of them because you're serving a life sentence in a max security prison

who is that

that's elliot alderson

lets say only he has the private keys. what is the best way to get family or friend access to it without getting caught or intercepted

Ross William Ulbricht, founder of Silk Road, a darknet-marketplace where you could buy basically anything illegal with BTC.

>lets say only he has the private keys. what is the best way to get family or friend access to it without getting caught or intercepted

Little to no way.
His communication will be monitored, I guess.

He did nothing wrong.

Can't he buy his way out tho

He already has. But they still use him as the poster boy to scare everyone else.

i thought the feds seized all of his btc. didn't they have like an auction and sell them all off or some shit?

>people spent their BTC on drugs
>now those BTC are worth hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars each purchase

stoners once AGAIN btfo eternally for short sightedness

he wuz a good boy.

He dindu nuffin

rebuy after spending prevents this problem

I am still shocked someone with the technical proficiency to set up SR had 100k+ btc in a hot wallet. Particularly given the chance of being raided by the FBI at a moment's notice.

Could he not at least encrypt the private keys? Was he tortured? Bribed? How the fuck did the government get a hold of his stash?

Ross is an ancap hero and I think it's a tragedy what happened to him. He should serve time but life w/o parole is a cruel joke.

>implying he won't be out in 10 years on good behavior

Let's not pretend most addicts had the foresight to do that.

Technical proficiency? Dude I barely know shit about coding, give me a month and I'll be done

the worst part is he was found/discovered because of some old posts he made on a forum advertising the silk road in its early days. what brought him down turned down not be high tech at all, just a random guy googling some shit.

look it up sometime

His whole laptop was encrypted, they carefully planned the raid and observed him for months so they could snitch his laptop away without him locking it and his wallet

he juss liked dem mixtapes

You're not going from 0 knowledge to building SR in 1 month, sorry bud.

I'm not praising him as some internet wizard savant. Any full stack web dev could re-create SR.

The point was that he knew enough about technology to built a website and navigate TOR hidden services. He was also politically interested in bitcoin. He (unlike Veeky Forums) actually understood the power of cryptocurrency - he must've had at least a surface level understanding of the tech behind it.

How he never took the proper steps to secure his coins makes no sense.

You don't need 100k liquid bitcoins for day-to-day operations. Those coins should have been stashed away in cold storage. Even newcoiners understand this.

yah, I just read the „american kingpin“. good read. utterly incredible how he was caught. so yes, when you set up your new dark web drug selling you have to come up with a good strategy to reach potential users to spread the good new news.

what else we can hint to some aspiring silk road 3.0 entrepreneurs

A) don’t use your personal e-mail to promote your website in some shady forums..

what else?

Those were 10% of his holdings at most

what are the chances he gets out at some point?
surely this is too harsh of a sentence

Doesn't exist with a no parole sentence unless ur pardoned

Not really, he facilitated illegal guns, drugs, cp, murder for hire, terrorism. Seems pretty appropriate

>someone's edging in on our business better make an example of him

fuck off CIA

They would be insane to ever let Ulbricht out again, he would be in a position to do a tremendous amount of damage to centralized governments, banks, law enforcement. People of his caliber/uniqueness come around maybe once in a generation

>implying the government has any right to restrict the sale of drugs

fuck off statist

top kek, cia thugs wanted their cut

B)Don't operate your international drug market in public

The harsh punishment was also due to the judge wanting to build up more attention for herself.

Just look at how hideous he looks. No wonder he got into crypto.

looks like the vampire guy that all the teen girls liked a while ago but with worse skin
im sure he had no trouble with the women

how so? he's not hideous by any means, hes above average and looks like has great hair. id kill to look like that as an actual hideous guy who's balding.

he's not bad looking at all, stop projecting

What was the deal with the hitmen? I feel like he could have gotten out had he not gotten shit like that involved. I hear conflicting information on this part though.

not a chance, he's in for life.

UTD ALUMNI WHERE U AT

He'll be released when the US collapses

He could have set up some system with them beforehand to communicate the key without being caught.

I don't get why he didn't flee to country with a more incompetent police force. The only thing his business required was a laptop and internet connection. If he was caught in my country (Belgium) he would be out in 6-10 years

because he is probably very smart and thus very arrogant

kys commie

>his whole laptop

you make it sound like he had a lot of security- he didn't.

He got booked because he went to the same fucking place every fucking day to access silk road.

He's a loser, and a would be murderer if his hired killer wasn't an fbi agent

>the FBI actually thinks people respect them for making "busts" like these
its funny how they always get their man when the Jew's money is on the line but when it comes to terrorists blatantly recruiting on twitter they just can't seem to stop them. I hope the FBI fucking burns. There is nothing constitutional about their organization and J. Edgar Hoover was a literal fucking cuck. He drove his wife out on her dates and jerked off later that night as she went over the details. Is this really something an American hero would do? I would piss on Hoover's grave if I had the chance.

it was the dea you hayseed. the dea framed him and stole his buttcoins. i hope you get butthole cancer.

send x amount of letters to his family which has 1 character of the private key. Implying he memorized it.

he is a fucking attempted murderer and deserves the life sentence.

reported
enjoy your time in guantanamo faggot

fuck off pussy. the FBI violates American law on a daily basis but its ok when they do it because they are the unquestionable, eternal good guys. I can't wait until another whistleblower steps up and throws every single high ranking FBI employee under the bus. They have been wiping their ass with our constitution for 70 years and their time is just about up.

allegedly, rebecca. you're assuming that ross was the only dpr, because you know everything ofc. you're a nice lady aren't you? yess you are.

the FBI are kike loving anti-American scum. they have never helped anyone who wasn't a wealthy, connected kike and they never will because they serve the Zion and not the American public.

like that jew rat kurt kikenwald and his seizure gif "assault" bullshit. unbelievable.

>be ISIS terrorist
>openly post my plans on twitter
>blatantly recruit angry young men to my cause
>brag about doing this
>twitter does nothing
>FBI does nothing, says it is "powerless" and "understaffed"
or
>be non-American citizen
>be making money without paying protection to the local branch of your globalist Jewish mafia
>FBI suddenly has a team of 100 experts working your cases night and day, using every available resource to stop you.
hmmm really makes you think. good thing they can't find any young candidates to hire because we all fucking hate their lying, kike-serving, constitution hating guts.

>implying commies aren't the worst statists of them all

he tried to have someone killed?

I decided to transfer to UTA sorry senpai