HUGE FINANCIAL REDPILL FROM REDDIT ABOUT CRYPTO:

HUGE FINANCIAL REDPILL FROM REDDIT ABOUT CRYPTO:

'Fairness' is important to humans, it is part of our survival strategy as social animals and underpins our ideas of justice and law. People are brought up with the notion that wealth is earned. Not just earned through work but 'earned' morally. People believe that if someone is rich it is because they deserve to be: they are smarter, worked harder etc and if someone is poor it is because they deserve it on some level: they are lazy or dumb etc. Of course it is bullshit, but it lubricates the gears of society. Because it is beneficial for us as a species to believe that rich = hard work and smart, we preserve the myth.

When something like bitcoin comes along it shows us a harsh truth that people are not ready to hear. We live in a random, disorderly, unjust world. If you are in the right place at the right time you can make more money than someone else that works harder than you everyday could possibly earn over 100 lifetimes. People are normally hidden from this. It is handshakes behind boardroom doors and incestuous deals at private functions. Watching Bitcoin is watching it play out in the open. People don't understand 10,000% profit. They were told that 3% was good. Add to this the frustration felt by people that knew of Bitcoin but were too close-minded/fearful to take any semblance of risk and we get a cloud of butt-hurt the size of Manhattan.

>they are smarter
You just described anyone who understands blockchains.

dumb marxists should get out of crypto
this shit has been carried out dozens of times before in different industries, and every time those who lost or didn't participate at all make excuses for why they couldn't see it coming

You learn at a very young age that life is not fair. What's the point here?

Can confirm FOMO rage. I used to play poker at a semi professional level. Lost a ton when Full Tilt funds got seized by US Gov. Found an app that let me use bitcoin to play poker. This is back when bitcoin was roughly a dollar. At my height I had roughly 1000 bitcoin. Thought it was basically monopoly money and shit it away. Kill me.

i assume this faggot mentions manhattan because those stupid injuns sold it for a bunch of shiny beads. fucking injuns are the most butthurt retards ever.

>Of course it is bullshit

Found the communist.

The number of millionaires who earned their positions far outweigh those who are there purely by luck.

Also the entire second paragraph reeks of self pity. Most BTC whales are there because they invested their way to the top or run massive BTC farms, both of which are hard work. You're talking a handful of people who are BTC millionaires because they got in at day 1 and hodled this entire time, and if they did, good for them.

and all the dnm vendor millionaires.

>handshakes behind boardroom doors and incestuous deals at private functions.
kek plebbit

>People believe that if someone is rich it is because they deserve to be
>asserting that the majority of people think this way
Bullshit.

God I fucking loathe commie faggots. Dumbest fuckers you can come into contact with.

Life is not fair, but if you think a person's personality doesn't play a significant role in their financial outcomes, then you're an idiot. Hard work doesn't guarantee wealth, but a person with good character naturally works hard. A lazy person won't get anywhere in life in most cases. Some people take the slogan, "working smart, not smart", way too literally.

work smart, not hard*

>reddit
Stopped reading right there

>Of course it is bullshit
kek, this is what Reddit tells themselves
And of course they'll tout IQ and education and be smug, condescending douchebags as long as it suits them, but the moment you mention that beauty and intelligence and wealth and physical fitness are all positively correlated, suddenly OH MY GOD THE POOR NIGGERS HOW DARE U EVIL NAZI SCUM

top h e h

WAHHHH WHY DID HE WIN IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S JUST NOT FAIR :((((((

faggots like this are ruining America, when you hear people speak of entitled kids this is what they are talking about. The kid I read about who is 18 and a btc millionare deserves it, he was 12 and spending his allowance investing in btc because he saw something in it. But faggots will brush this kind of intellectual prowess aside and beg for higher taxation, you people make me sick. He deserves that money, and yes if someone works smart they deserve it. BUT MOMMY SAID IF I WORK HARD...!

>deserves it
If you had ever read his tweets then you'd know that he doesn't deserve shit. The little twat got lucky while playing with Daddy's money, that's all.

Eh, there's a lot wrong with this thinking. First of all 3% is not what is taught, it's more like around 10% and it's not seen as good as much as safe. In other words, it's protection against inflation and minor profit of money you earn from other sources, such as working. If you go for high risk, and focus on it you can obviously make more, but around 10% is basically what you can expect from excess cash if you just dump it into an index fund and ignore everything.

Those 10k% profits still exist in other systems, they just require a lot more risk where you can lose everything but also make it rich. Most people like feeling safe, this is true, and many can achieve very minor success working and saving for their 10%, that's all they really need with their base skill sit and desires. Then there are others who just enjoy the game and make that massive gain, but like with anything it requires a certain desire to be into something enough to take that risk. For some that might be Crypto, which has been a black swan so far, but that may not be true going into the future outside from those who really love it, just like stocks were for Warren Buffet, as he's obviously making more than 10% on what most people use to make 10% safely.

He deserves it, he saw something and made a smart move. Fuck off you jealous cuck, you're never going to make it.

disliking someone doesn't mean they don't deserve what they have

Nothing's stopping you from making that money back.

Confirmed LARPer, lazy and/or stupid.

Unless you've been cloistered your entire life, it should be painfully apparent life isn't fair. Humans engage in the principles of fairness in so far as they can control it and have the inclination to, but our entire financial system, not just crypto, is evidence of the fact life is inherently injust. Fairness is an imaginary ideal and it takes a brain damaged redditor to think anyone truly construes it otherwise.