Old America

If you could visit 1950s america, would you?

I'm not sure why I would.

Stone some negros

Why would I want to visit a time of racism, sexism, ableism, heightism, misogyny and Islamophophia?

I'd certainly like to visit, but I don't know if I'd want to move there. Modern medicine is amazing.

>Islamophophia

I guarantee you Americans were a lot more ambivalent towards Islam then than they are now.

I mean, america is still pretty much like that now.

No because I'm not 80 years old inside

I'm black, so nope.

top kek

this

>being nostalgic for kitsch marketing gimmicks

well I mainly play 50's music, so yeah

>visit
If I'm guaranteed to come back at a mutually agreed upon date with whatever I was carrying and the visiting period wasn't stupidly long (ur visiting, but for a decade! lol! I trik u!).

Sure. It's like a vacation. Bang sone sluts I'll never see again, maybe do a little crime, get sone souvenirs or even collectibles I could sell later.

Seems like a sweet deal.

>Bang sone sluts I'll never see again

So, become your own Grandpa. Great job.

>I would commit crimes and rape people if I could get away with it
Very edgy my man

lol at traditionalists who think the 50s wasn't literally the beginning of the end of the us

To be frank, I do not feel it to be a very interesting decade.

If it wasn't going to totally fuck up the timeline then sure why not. It's not so far back that you couldn't blend in and it's far enough forward that you wouldn't get killed by literal filth. It also depends where you were going to visit in the 1950's. Detroit before it's collapse might be interesting to see or Iran, maybe get to see Elvis live or a super early Johnny Cash show. But as other anons stated it also depends when in the 1950's I'd rather the mid to late 1950's then the early

>1950s
>Old

So under age it hurts.

Visiting would be cool, staying to live here not much, I prefer comfy XXI century.

I'm black so I don't think I would. But if I was white, sure.

Hell yeah i'd visit. It'd be a blast and i'd do my best to use my future knowledge to influence world history.

t. Biff

lol

>lead in everything. even in the air due to gasoline and aviation fuel.
>toxic chemicals everywhere.
>sky high taxes
>regulation of almost every aspect of commerce.
>telecom monopoly
>air conditioning isn't widespread yet

t. white man

Hell yes

anyone who isn't interested in fucking time travelling to another era does not belong on a history board.

Just to watch Sugar Ray Robinson fight

Is this what Veeky Forums has become?

I'd rather go to 1920 and make sure I get out before the turn of the decade

Exclusively posting in Engl*sh is linguicism, shitlord.

As a nigger, I'd get tortured and murdered within seconds so that's a nope

Your fucking grandparents made it through that time. Just don't go driving through rural Mississippi and you would be fine.

Yeah, getting overprescribed antibiotics which create treatment resistant bacteria and then going into debt for life to pay for the bill sure is refreshing.

Underrated

t. First world ingrate

Most muslims were conservative and didn't suffer from much discrimination compared to other minorities until the early 2000s.

IIRC over 80% voted for Bush in the 2000 elections.

I'd visit but I certainly as fuck wouldn't wanna live there.

why would I travel to the 50s and not the 40s victory day parade?

t. guilty white nu-males

What would be the most cliché, true to form American city in the 50's? The whole white picket fence, cute diner, Christmas with dangerous lights and Halloween with cheap plastic masks, and a 4th of July Barbecur, etc.

Someplace outside of Chicago?

Any suburb in the rust belt really

Yes, even without mayor education I can land a job is some factory and earn 20 bucks that i can use almost for anything

Tbh it strayed from the ideal before most of my family even got here, I'd say the 20s or 30s.