What the fuck is the point to the government allowing bail?

What the fuck is the point to the government allowing bail?

I always assumed it was a way for the government to make money. But if the defendant can simply attend all court appearances , pleads guilty or found not guilty then all the money is returned? why the fuck even have it

It's so that the defendant attends the court appearences, dumbass. If he doesn't he loses the bail.

Ay, do you also listen to planet money?

it's collateral to help ensure you show up to your court date

why not just keep them fucking imprisoned until their trial like anyone that doesnt post bail? why would the govt give a shit about freeing a potential threat temporarily when they probably wont even benefit from it and they dont need to

Because they're suspects and not actual criminals, yet.

That whole innocent until proven guilty thing. They won't let you bail out if they consider you dangerous or high risk of running.

That's horseshit because when you take money from someone you deny them interest on that money. You take it at the present value but don't give them the future value later.

It's still fucking stealing.

You're not forced to give them your money, though. You can just stay in jail.

Because it costs a lot of money to keep someone in prison.

This is also why I get fucking pissed when banks and even the company where I work say shit like

"Oh we can't give pay you / give you your money back yet. You have to wait X amount of time."

Then I should GET MY FUCKING INTEREST OR IT'S STEALING.

My company actually did this and retroactively paid me part of my paycheck for like 2 months worth of time.

It's still fucking stealing if you do that.

With bonds and exchanges or whatever the fuck everything is calculated assuming interest and all that. Why the fuck isn't regular money done this way?

Lmao... you're literally a fucking child.. you literally don't understand that allegations and indictments are two totally different things.

Go jack off to anime you fucking faggot

You don't see the irony?

>either stay in jail or pay us money (interest) that you never get back you..... suspect

I'm not a child but I've never had any sort of run-in with the law except when I sued someone.... I'm very white I guess.

Explain to me why someone else holding my money and then returning it to me means I shouldn't get my fair share in interest on it, assuming I was never guilty?

>literally
>literally
>you're a child
Please neck yourself moron

If someone is really intent on skipping their court date and fleeing then that's what they're going to do. No one in a bad enough situation that they'd rather become a fugitive than go to court is going to let not getting their bail refunded get in the way of their escape.

If the court really thinks the suspect is a flight risk, then keep them in jail without the option for release on bail. Everyone else should just be let them out for free. All the current system does is punish people who can't afford bail.

Could you imagine if you were to receive interest on money that you're owed? I believe we'd live in a better world desu.

Why is it you can't demand interest, but the IRS can?

because your shitty ass country is filled with retarded niggers like you and when they see someone they don't like they take them to jail, and judges know that

> All the current system does is punish people who can't afford bail.

Bingo.

> don't have money to post bail
> call up bail bonds
> bail bonds charges 10%
> 10% profit is taxed as income by the irs
> irs sends the 10% profit that was taxed to the feds n' state

But tell me how the government isn't making money again?

Need more examples of this corrupt system or what?

That's my point.
But I like the idea of some system based around the "risk-free interest with rate determined by the time of the loan" determined by the treasury bond rates, which is what literally every corporation and exchange and the IRS all do to customers, but when people are owed money due to a mistake or something that's the fault of the country or a company, they never get the interest like this.

Can you actually take a company to court over wasted time? Legit question. You have an issue and they run around in circles, making your life a living hell. Are you able to sue for wasted time due to inefficiency on the company's part?