Is there a more bro empire than the Portuguese?

is there a more bro empire than the Portuguese?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jp1J7T2YOVA
youtube.com/watch?v=kiheHNbUpmA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Alcáçovas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcora_Exercise
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=jp1J7T2YOVA

i was watching this on the african french connection and i cant help but think that this was the way to go with the portuguese colonies or overseas provinces.

They were unironically the good guys

>They were unironically the good guys
But everything they touched has turned to shit.

you're saying that like it isn't the common recurring theme with colonization

They actually tried developing Africa

i think they're true bro tier, yes.
If brazil had stayed a monarchy a bit more (basically ruled by a competent portuguese royal family) they would probablty be a superpower by now.
also portugal is great, been there and it's tight

They were bros with Templars

Yes, Mozambique sure is great, well done Pedro.

>I wanted to make my slave's life better so I bought a slave for my slave

It is. The beaches there are very underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=kiheHNbUpmA

Didn't them end up being the European nation responsible for selling the most slaves?

>Lusotropicalism or Luso-tropicalism was first used by Brazilian sociologist Gilberto Freyre[1] to describe the distinctive character of Portuguese imperialism overseas,[1] proposing that the Portuguese were better colonizers than other European nations.[2]

>It was believed that because of Portugal's warmer climate, and having been inhabited by Celts, Romans, Visigoths, Moors and several other peoples in pre-modern times, the Portuguese were more humane, friendly, and adaptable to other climates and cultures.[2]

Feels good being the one colonial nation that never oppressed black and brown people.

According to wikipedia:
The major Atlantic slave trading nations, ordered by trade volume, were: the Portuguese, the British, the French, the Spanish, and the Dutch Empire.

forgot the link - www.slate.com/articles/life/the_history_of_american_slavery/2015/06/animated_interactive_of_the_history_of_the_atlantic_slave_trade.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_fb_top

But they were also one one of the first countries to abolish slavery

> But they were also one one of the first countries to abolish slavery
Only in Portugal, not in the Empire.

but you ARE black and brown.

Brazilian here
I can confirm there isn't
They're truly bro tier.

>look guys if we color in the ocean in between our empire looks bigger

If you have a maritime empire that's fine, some of the best ones have been, but so hate try-hard images like that

there you go

Portugal set out to control the sea though, which they kinda did before other euros tried to fuck shit up

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Alcáçovas
>"Castile's rights over the Canary Islands were recognised while Portugal won the exclusive right of navigating, conquering and trading in all the Atlantic Ocean south of the Canary Islands. Thus, Portugal attained hegemony in the Atlantic not only for its known territories but also for those discovered in the future. "

>largest amount of slaves in the world was to be found in Brazil
>not oppressive

uma delicia :^)

The British are not the only ones who can paint maps to claim stuff.

>that pic
>wearing a wool cape in fucking Portugal

No thanks m8, I don't feel like dying of heat stroke

>wearing a fucking fur mantle
>in Brazil
>before A/C was invented

HOW NIGGA

Are Portuguese immune to heat?

Eu segurando o cajado.

>tfw Portugal will never help make Africa white again
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcora_Exercise

You put it on for the ceremony then take it off when its over. Plus it's only really bad during the summer