Why are fez's so cool looking?

why are fez's so cool looking?

There not.

Yes they are you pleb.

It is a pleasing symmetrical shape.

>There not.

To be honest, I don't really feel one way or the other about fez's, sorry man.

Only good on Turks and Arabs, look silly on Europeans like Mussolini who wore one.

>look silly on European

I don't think so Tim.jpg

It seems they're used to be more widely worn in ME, now it's only the kefiyeh surviving, what happened?

I guess fashion just changed, people ditched their suits and fezs in the ME for American clothes or thawbs and kefiyehs. Also as the ME gradually distanced themselves from past ottoman rule they eventually stopped wearing Turkish fashion.

fpbp

Also Turkey banned the fez for a time.

This. Good way to tell if somebody is a Turk is if they think a fez is anything but stupid looking.

Post hats from your cunt

They don't though. They look like shit.

>Ottoman Sultans
Guys, I think we should be more egalitarian. Every official should stop wearing those stupid dickmeasuring Turbans an adopt the Fez. Everyone in the government wears Fez now.
>Ataturk
LYL LE PRIMITIVE HAT XDDDDDDD

t.erdogan

t. No

Erdogan's not as inclusive as the Ottoman Padishahs were.

why do you think the coup happened? because shitters like him are trying to undo what ataturk did.

Couldn't agree more

this

look retarded.

on this point, it's actually surprising how progressive and modern late ottoman empire was, especially under the influence of France/Germany

Abdulhamid literally made one of the most effective beurocracies and education systems for a backward shithole. unfortunately this education system also gave rise to the Young Turks and Ataturk, who used their education to destroy the empire's progressive policies and literally commit genocide

>inb4 ataturk is innocent
he genocided kurds and alevis at dersim, and took part in various campaigns involving the genocide of greeks and assyrians.

Because you're so used to the west only foreign will titilate you
This guy gets it, so many cool western designs

They look dorky as hell. The least intimidating thing you could wear.

I dunno, are they?

Ottoman empire collapsed and the fez was viewed as the hat of the "oppressor".