What went wrong and lead millions of people into social isolation...

What went wrong and lead millions of people into social isolation? I did my thesis on the topic and am heartbroken to see so many young adults alone and depressed. Personally I blame the advent of rampant technological advancement in the new millennia to have a correlation. What do you think Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
youtu.be/Ree_q4WweCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Capitalism

>millions
Just in America or across the world? What makes you think that people are lonelier or more depressed now than before in history?

Young people nowadays believe they can get everything but life's a bitch and not everything is possible.

You have to deal with life not being like everything you see in the media, lifesyle magazines, blogs, social media, celebrities. In order to be happy search for yourself and be that person regardless of what other people think.

Doting parents and a consistent leftist move towards weak lazy unstructured parenting that leaves offspring less and less capable of forming long term social commitments.

Technology is definately one of the factors. How can people form true, meaningful relationships when they stay glued to their phones throughout their lives.

>rampant technological advancement
this plus nihilism and poor urban planning

unironically advanced capitalism

Various studies done globally have uncovered a lot of new data that has gone under the radar.

t. vladmir

giving women rights

You can always convert to Islam.

They don't seem to have a problem getting males married. And if you do you can always go to Syria to get hitched.

The state makes itself into a replacement for the social element of society, then does a very shitty job at it.

The state robs people of their hard work, then gives back its "services". If you are unhappy with these services, you can do things yourself, but it doesn't mean you get to opt out of being robbed. The state excludes the possibly of negotiation, and refusing to negotiate is the most rigorous definition of an aggressor.

>muh false dilemma fallacy
I thought Veeky Forums was supposed to be the smart board.

>states are the reason the modern world sucks
>when states have existed for thousands of years

Anarchists, everyone.

>things never sucked in the past
Are you even trying?

mouse utopia experiment. It's a largely unavoidable conclusion.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

What a waste of quads

Social isolationist here. Not heartbroken, but possibly depressed. As a schizoid, it doesn't bring me loneliness or I cannot feel sadness or happiness to any great extent. Anhedonia is a blessing and a curse. As a logician, this frees up my mind from emotional/attachment bias. Works great when I'm doing some task, but not so great when I need to relate to others.

The end of dysgenic arranged marriages.

That can never happen in human society because nature will always eventually force a change. Also, some humans have ambition and would be immune to those problems.

Yeah, but OP is asking why things suck NOW in a way they HAVEN'T in the past, which implies that something that existed in the past wouldn't be responsible. Reading comprehension.

But they have sucked the same way in the past.

So, throughout history, with the exception of H-G societies, there have been profoundly isolated and depressed youths in the millions?

There are way more youths in general now and they also have the Internet to fucking bitch about it.

Alright, if it's your assessment that it's your ebig "muh evil parasitic state" meme and has nothing to do with technology.

Life got easy. It's that simple.
When Lonon was bombed during the blitz, psychiatric cases of depression and isolation went down. All of a sudden, people banded together. Everybody helped one another and had a role to play. Experiments on mice have shown similar results. Soldiers who have been in combat report wantingntonback tontheirnunits and feeling isolated by the people and comforts of home. Creatures under stress tribalise and band together. Creatures that live easy lives fall apart and become isolated, again shown in mice experiments.
This is why most of the people you are on Veeky Forums want some kind of war or disaster. It's why zombie apocalypse fiction is so popular. Collective stress and suffering brings people together.

Wasn't that guy but my personal theory is that youths have far less economic prospects and unemployment and hopelessness about ever becoming a participating member of society leads to shitty self esteem and feelings of worthlessness.

Can we be friends, then?

OP please post link to your thesis

Solid projecting

Life got too easy i suppose.

If there was no state, people would actually have to socialize to get things done.

>If there was no state
And if people weren't like what they are, things would totally be different

Realizing that a perfect future doesn't include a state is an important step in the right direction, else you have people getting scammed by communism.

You do realize that the very definition of "communism" is a society where dissolved class distinctions renders a state redundant, right?

But communists lie to people by telling them that a state can achieve total control then just suddenly give up all that power. There's a reason why anarchism and communism are two separate words.

The distinction is simply one of methodology in implementing a true stateless society. Some people think that you need a transitionary state, others believe that this stage can be bypassed.

In any event, it's all utopian thinking. The reason you needed a state in the first place is to protect you from the other guy's state. Without centralized protection, divide and conquer tactics become irresistible. Barbarians at the gate don't care about the non-aggression principle.

I think my internet/gaming addition cause me to lose the experience of learning social skills when I was a teenager which in turn had made me very socially anxious and almost autistic

What sounds easier to conquer:
-A society where nobody is armed and nobody is willing to work together.
-A society where everybody is armed and everybody has to work together out of necessity.

Nope, I have a relatively cushy office job. But that's just my personal theory. Most people I know who are moving forward their lives aren't alone or depressed, or at least they don't show any outward signs of it. The people I know who are NEET, underemployed, or underachieved are depressed/frustrated/anxious. People need their peers' affirmation of their ideas of self-worth.

TV/internet reducing the net amount of social interaction in communities

Car-centric urban planning

The rise of single parent households and helicopter parenting.

Poor economic prospects and widespread perception of societal decline.

Lack of strong nationalist or religious movements to provide a sense of purpose.

Materialism.

Am I missing any of the big ones?

Critical Theory

You can thank the Marxist who developed this asinine theory from the Frankfurt School.

Learn more here:
youtu.be/Ree_q4WweCI

>Lack of strong nationalist or religious movements to provide a sense of purpose.
Why would you say this instead of "strong intellectual movements"? Have you fallen into the trap of thinking that lies are somehow necessary for human function?

>Satan hates Jews

Today in "least surprising news"

Nationalism isn't a lie though.

We need some civic nationalism up in this bitch.

its called anomie

Why would Satan hate his children?

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

I'll take C.:

-A society that has a distinct class of people who dedicate a large portion of their lives to combat, which is only possible in, you guessed it, a STATE.

>Collective stress and suffering brings people together.
I have been spending my years in a south american shithole where disasters both natural and human caused are recurrent and these motherfuckers are the most cowardly, vile and divided kind of people i have ever met they rather send their offspring to die if that means they get another day of living like hedonistic subhumans, so no, you people need to dispose of the idea that "despair bring us closer"

Lol no. Your problems are personal and economic. Nationalism is a spook. You can be happy in a fucking cave eating berries and squirrels.

Study population sinks
AKA behavioral sinks.

Humans behave in similar fashion in dense populations.
>why are humans attracted to cities even when the city has high unemployment?

I am so glad to live in an era where I can do almost anything I want without ever having to leave my room or interact with people directly.

Postmodernism and the assault on traditional values.

>What do you think Veeky Forums?

I think social class has a lot to do with it.

Just 15 years ago it was normal in my country for a large part of the population to work in factories and at the docks.

This is no longer true, but the same people still exist; e.g people from a working class environment who might not be as intelligent as many other people and can't succeed in a hypertechnological society by becoming educated at universities and working office jobs.

This in turn correlates with women having children later and later in life, which increases the probability of particularly boys and men being on the autism spectrum or having ADHD.

play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Jews

post thesis

people have been lonely and self isolating since the dawn of time

yeah life would be much better if corportations were in charge right? Go fuck yourself

Compulsory public schools.
If home schooling was legal, at least where i live, i would be much better.
I was a very outgoing kid. But persistent bullying has taken it's toll. As a kid, you know, you'd pick a fight with someone, but it was much easier to ignore, and much less likely to see that person again in such a short time. And it's not one sided, you can fight back, it's sporadic, it's natural. But in a school, you're not allowed to fight back, you're expected to sit quietly and suffer to avoid getting in trouble, and you're expected to see this person (or people) every day, and the routine repeats again and again.
Systematic bullying has made me distrustful of people, paranoid, closed, i have a small group of friends and i push other people away, at university i keep everything at a very professional level, i've gone out drinking with only one friend from uni.

Literal autism, wow. How does it feel to be a poorly socialized, maladjusted faggot who cries about muh problems and muh emoshuns?

I don't. I just felt like that back then. I've had time to grow. But my early teens were horrible.
I don't think much about it. But my distrust of people is a result.

Because he hates everyone, I would suppose.

The Son of Sam killer was possessed, killed people for satan, and when he was caught all the demons just tossed him aside like trash. That's when he converted to Christianity. He realized that satan hates everyone.

The brutal dominance hierarchy of modern, unchained social dynamics. The modern social network sites also shifted the importance on physical attractiveness/looks and less on status and game, making it even more difficult to work on yourself and improve your sexual market value.

>to see so many young adults alone and depressed.

Why does this afflict the male more than the female?

I'd argue social network sites are also a huge burden, for those who actively participate. The burden of making them interesting, of having an engineered online personality.

IMHO, millenias of patriarchal achievement and competition focused rat race mentality have eventually exhausted our minds and souls due to the sheer neglect of our softer and life/community-affirming, more feminine aspects. Donald Trump heralds the dysfunctional end stage of this anthropological episode. I know such a bold claim sounds completely retarded to you but I stand with it lol.

Can I read your thesis?

Go back to the late 19th century of modernist literature. It addresses the same issue in it's poetry and novels.

They wrote with themes such as contrasting nature as clean and friendly, whilst industrial capitalist society was something anxiety inducing inevitability. With the point of view set from 'the outsider', who usually gets lost and feels like he doesn't belong to anywhere except in nature. But even then nature is only a temporary fix, because he turns lonely. What happens when he seeks people? He's met with endless windows, houses where lots of people sitting along the walls not talking and dance halls where men and women kick each other bloody.

Edward Munch was driven by this motive of social alienation, the scream is a prime example.

Based on what I've seen from modernist literature it seems to suggest that civilization is developing, and with it humanity is fucking itself.

>projecting this hard
jesus christ, man

Post thesis

Glowing rectangles.

>What went wrong and lead millions of people into social isolation?

Industrial civilization

No compass. And retards

There is no reason for an individual to live anymore. We used to be able to become a useful member of a village or become adapted to survival, now everything is done for us. Industrialization, we no longer have a purpose or drive for survival.

The fault I see is mainly the perceived pressure of society coupled with extreme negative self-image. People who are socially isolated will blame any number of things but the root of is that they themselves believe they are a loser according to the standards of "society". But if you ask them where these standards come from, or what they specifically are, invariably they give you some bizarre set of imaginary rules they themselves invented about what it takes to be successful, and they always make that list include traits they think they are lacking.

That's as far as my reasoning goes. I'm not sure if forming this warped view of the world is what caused them to fail, or if it came about after their isolation as a way to cope with and rationalize it. It's pretty clearly what is keeping them isolated though. People who become entrenched in this way of thinking will never improve though, once they have mentally set themselves apart from everyone else they're isolated for life.

so thats a no

Well you're idealistic.
This situation is actually be worse for humans, because it means that those strivers and dreamers are either ridiculed and beaten down, or attract crowds of worshipers who fool them into believing that they've cause change.

>lies
Get the fuck out before I call the inquisition, atheist

Sexual capitalism. Like in real capitalism, all the wealth (women) flows up to the bourgeoisie (Chad)

Don't forget comparing their lives to the lives of their fellows and feeling inferior because they feel their lives aren't as interesting as the ones of their social media friends.

What if I'm on my phone communicating with the people I've already formed meaningful connections with instead of interacting with the retards all around me?

>Various studies
such as?

>civic nationalism
Back to r/the_donald

>I wrote my thesis on this
>leaves the thread immediately after and contributes nothing
great thread

This is literally the exact opinion held by the foremost psychologist in my country.

You aren't welcome here, robot. Take your gibberish 80-20 meme and go.

The jews and their insistence on multiculturalism